PDA

View Full Version : Predators=Good?

FoxRacing81
11-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Hey guys...I am in the market for a new quad basicly, and I really like the 05 Predator TLD, but I also like the new Suzuki 450's. I am leaning towards the Pred, because I don't want to wait til next year. But, I got some questions.

Are they reliable if you do basic maintanence? (Change oil, filter, clean and oil air filter, lube chain, etc.)
Are there many good mods?
Powerful?
Main question, suspension. I want the TLD because of the Fox shocks with the Rezzys. How do they compare to a 450r or YFZ?
Easy to work on?
Good for maybe say a C-Class MX Racer?

And, some ideas maybe. I am 15 years old and need to get an after-school job in order to make payments on one myself. I'm thinking McDonalds or Subway or something that would hire a 15 y/o like me. Any ideas?

Thanks.

-Justin

EVOLUTIONracing
11-20-2005, 01:28 PM
From my experience with Pred's I would for sure go with a yfz or trx. Sure a Predator could win some local C class races with the right rider but a yfz or trx is going to have alot more potential and will definatly hold up better. I really would be a waste of money because if you move out of C class you will need a faster, better bike.

FoxRacing81
11-20-2005, 01:56 PM
All of my friends have mad problems with there 450rs and YFZs. That's why I don't want one. I like Predators better too...feel more comfortable when I sit on one becuase I'm a bigger guy. (6'3, 250ish)
-Justin

11-20-2005, 05:03 PM
i would go with the 450s. the pred is the best racer out of all the high cc quads (raptor, ds650 ) but the 450s would beat it in mx and the suziki 450 is susposed to be coming out in a cupple of months i heard

11-20-2005, 05:05 PM
i read in dirt wheels that pred shocks r susposed to be as good or better than yfz shocks.

RiderTRX400ex
11-20-2005, 05:05 PM
i would choose a 450 over a pred anyday:o

11-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by RiderTRX400ex
i would choose a 450 over a pred anyday:o

me to cuz 450s r better mx quads + they have like a million diffrnt parts to buy for em a pred dosent have many hop up items.

Quad Dude
11-20-2005, 05:22 PM
i usually ride a 400ex but this nerd kid got a pred and he let me ride it one night. i have a slightly buit 400 and i love the power.400cc to 500cc i should hope so but ill admit that the pred did have a few more ponies but since im a hardcore wheelie adict i would never own a pred got the gayest balance point ever. and the shocks a wierd as you start to ride you like rise off the ground really odd.

die hard honda man 450r over and thing everday if i was into a new big bore bike since honda dont make one id build one

FoxRacing81
11-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Okay guys. I was asking about a predator, not a 450r. I like 450rs, but they don't fit me well. I don't feel comfortable on them. So stop saying I should get a 450r. I don't really care what you would get. I'm asking mainly people who have one.

Dirtiredneck
11-21-2005, 06:16 AM
The Pred is a nice quad. My friend I race with "MUDFLAP" races one with me. He seems very comfortable on it. It is a lot different then my 450r. The Pred is a bit heavier and the front end stays planted a lot, but has a ton of power, my 450r has more zip to it and quicker throttle response. He has had some problems with the Battery going bad on him a lot at some races, but other then that it is a nice machine....The stock shocks that come on it are nice, but if you gt into GNCC racing you wil want to upgrade eventually to some Elka's or a rebuild....

bwamos
11-21-2005, 08:08 AM
The preadator or the newer outlaw should fit you nicely.
Polaris sport quads used to suck the big one on reliability (utes not included), but the last few years, they've finally stepped it up. :)

300ex mxracer
11-22-2005, 02:18 PM
preds have awesome power if you can get the traction to use it. they are also hard to whip around on a mx due to their weight. other than that they are a great quad.