PDA

View Full Version : Predators=Good?

FoxRacing81
11-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Hey guys...I am in the market for a new quad basicly, and I really like the 05 Predator TLD, but I also like the new Suzuki 450's. I am leaning towards the Pred, because I don't want to wait til next year. But, I got some questions.

Are they reliable if you do basic maintanence? (Change oil, filter, clean and oil air filter, lube chain, etc.)
Are there many good mods?
Powerful?
Main question, suspension. I want the TLD because of the Fox shocks with the Rezzys. How do they compare to a 450r or YFZ?
Easy to work on?

And, some ideas maybe. I am 15 years old and need to get an after-school job in order to make payments on one myself. I'm thinking McDonalds or Subway or something that would hire a 15 y/o like me. Any ideas?

Thanks.

-Justin

atenciole
11-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Yes the Predator is a good choice. First off it comes with a lot of stuff that is aftermarket to most Quads available TODAY.
Extended a arms
Durablue axels
Steel braded breaklines
tons of power from the factory.
Fox podium X shocke on the CC edition and TLD.

They are reliable. With the exception of the '03 trannies and frames I have heard very little about problems with the Pred.

The 450's do respond better to basic mods. pipe filter etc. though.
However there are more and more companies making parts for the preddy. Nicholas cycle is leading the way.

If you get the preddy the CC edition may be the way to go. It has a slip on and razar 2s. IMO thhe best dirt tire I have ridden with.

The Pred does feel a little heavy at times when compared to my yzf.

If I had to buy again I would get another Pred.

YFZ450Ridr
11-21-2005, 03:14 PM
how do the fox shocks perform on that pred compared to the stock shocks on your yfz?

hannibal3495
11-21-2005, 07:32 PM
I have taken my 05 TLD off of 10'-11' flat landings and it lands on all four feet as smooth as can be. I thing that the low end needs a little help, more crisp throttle response. Other than that, excellent.

YFZ450Ridr
11-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by hannibal3495
I have taken my 05 TLD off of 10'-11' flat landings and it lands on all four feet as smooth as can be. I thing that the low end needs a little help, more crisp throttle response. Other than that, excellent.

nothing a pipe and a filter cant fix eh?;) thanks for the response.

atenciole
11-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400ridr
how do the fox shocks perform on that pred compared to the stock shocks on your yfz?
They handle compleately different. My comparison is the YFZ handles like a sport bike. While the Predator handles like a Cruiser. You "feel" the trail more with the YFZ, while the Predator's suspension soaks up most of the small stuff. The preddy does not mind slow speeds, while the YFZ does not like going slow.

I cannot directly compare shocks becaus the machines are so different. But I can compare rides and handling chacateristics of both.

If you are more of a recreational rider that rides lots of trails, at varing paces than the Preddy is the better choice. If you like to ride the MX tracks or go really fast ALL of the time then the YFZ is a better choice. They are both great quads and I have no reserves about either, but I like my Predator a little more.

TRillen
12-04-2005, 05:18 PM
dont work at a fast food restaurant...get a job somewhere like publix or a local restaurant they pay a lot better...also mowing lawns is a great way....i made 2500 last summer doing both and got my quad...im 15 also