PDA

View Full Version : Some Kids Have No Concept Of Money

TCracin440ex
11-20-2005, 03:30 AM
Well i got to vent a little bit. I have 2 brothers one is 15 and one is 16. Neither one of these 2 idiots grasp the concept of money. It kinda pisses me off too. What pisses me off is I come in the house and Im walking through and i start spotting dimes, nickles, pennys, quaters all kind of loose pocket change. You ask why. Well because when they get loose pocket change they take the money and put it between their fingers and fling it at eachother. It kinda irritates me because they do it, but on the other hand they are flicking money in my pocket because i have racked up atleast a dollar or more in change in the last 2 or 3 days from these idiots flicking money

Another reason i say my 2 brothers dont get the concept. A few weeks ago my 16 year old brother goes to the mall and spends my moms money 12.95 to get his hair cut. Well after he gets home he takes the razor and shaves his whole head bald. What a waste of 13 bucks. He said the reason he shaved his head was he was tired of having to go to the mall every 2-3 weeks and have his hair cut. Well he wont even spending his own money so aint like it matterd but what pissed me off is he made my mom waste 13 dollars to have his hair cut only for him to come home and shave it off.

Another reason the same brother hes 16 he will MOST LIKELY start driving soon. Well he dont work to earn a damn thing arround this house he wont even as much as wash his own clothes, or take out a bag of trash, but yet he expects my mom to go to the bank and take out a 5,000 dollar loan for him a car and he dont even do anything to deserve it. He talks to my mother like crap, and not only that he has fines he has to pay for getting in trouble. The courts are with holding his license until his fines are paid. He looks at my mom and blames her for him not bein able to drive. Like it was her fault that he got in trouble. Now he expects her to pay his fines too.

i know im only 19 years old but i do grasp the concept of money. I work 5-6 days a week, I paid for my own vehicle. The truck i own used to be my mothers, she got a new tahoe, and needed the money. So i took 5000.00 from a car accident lawsuit i was in a while back and gave it to my mom for my truck. Even when i was too young to work i did odd jobs arround the house or mowed yards to get a dollar to put into my quad. Everything on my quad i bought and paid for.

What is wrong with kids these days

11-20-2005, 05:27 AM
kids these days are lazy(exept me:D ) i think you should go give that kid a good smack upside the head and be like, B*TCH get your act together!

yamablaster24
11-20-2005, 07:02 AM
kids like that make me sick. All 15-16 year old kids are not like that mind you...

It sounds like your father is not home? Deceased or Divorced? Either way it sounds like your little brothers need their chains pulled a little. Make them get a job, make them help out around the house. Your the bigger brother and i know if my bigger brother who is your age ( im 16 ) did that i sure would listen.

Im not bragging or anything just giving you example but.... I go to school 6 30-2 45 and maintain a 3.7 GPA then get a burger and change and go to work from 3-8 pm. My parents have not given me a dime for food, quad, heck i paid to get my license and temps. Only thing they do pay for is the leased vehicle i drive until the lease is over. I know im not the only one whose doing/done this, im sure most of the people on this site do or did the same thing in their younger years, your brothers just need a rude awakening.

jakes699
11-20-2005, 07:06 AM
u kno who tht story reminds me off . my fat *** 17 year old brother..... he dont got a job but he uses all there gas money by driving to his fat *** ugly g/fs house... but like he drives this one kid around and he will pay him but then my bro will only stick 5 bucks in the car and keep the other 5 for himself when he def does not deserve it.. he owes me and my brother and mom money.. lol i kno how u feel man im only 15 and i at least have a job with some old lady making money and ****.. i pay for everything tht is mine ... i payed for half my quad cuz my dad made a deal with me lol

TCracin440ex
11-20-2005, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by yamablaster24

It sounds like your father is not home? Deceased or Divorced? Either way it sounds like your little brothers need their chains pulled a little. Make them get a job, make them help out around the house. Your the bigger brother and i know if my bigger brother who is your age ( im 16 ) did that i sure would listen.

my rents are divorced...

and pff them 2 *******s dont listen to me. My word goes over like a fart in a diving helment. So i dont try to make them because they know that i have no authority, and i cant take matters into my own hands because they cry to mommie. The youngest one aint that bad and if i say something to him he usually will listen 2 me....but the 16 year old is just too far gone. Hes been babied and spoiled.

Schooled 416
11-20-2005, 07:37 AM
If it was my mother those guys would have to pay for everything themselves. I started working a week out of 8th grade and have paid for everything I own, except for gifts, of course.

Killa250ex
11-20-2005, 09:15 AM
I will raise my children just as I was raised, I had to maintain a Steady job before I got my licsence, if I wanted a vehicle to drive. I worked...ALOT, I then took out a $14,000 loan and bought a nice truck, I'm paying for all that. Before I was allowed to get my own cellphone, again, I had to have a job, So i could pay every monthly bill. I pay for all my gas, and anything I want to do that is fun, i have to pay for it. I sometimes wish I was one of those spoiled rotten kids whos parents buy them everything, but when they move out, reality is going to $hit in their face. As for my pocket change that is lying around...coinstar has made my many, many extra dollars that barely knew existed.

Honda400exrox
11-20-2005, 10:44 AM
Give your 16 year old bro an arsewhopping when you see him doing that crap. your 16 year old brother sounds like my 14 year old brother, he is the laziest piece of $h** i have ever seen, my parents tell him to do something and he just walks away and goes play playstion or rides his bike, then when he gets back in, im there doing the chore:rolleyes: he thinks he does alot of work around the house, all he does is sleep,eat, ride his gay pedal bike because he thinks its "cool" and then he expects my mom to buy stuff for him:mad:

G Impala 63n70
11-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Im dont have a story about a brother or sister who is like you guys have menchioned. But i do have 3-4 freinds who are just like that. Daddy buy me this, daddy buy me that, and if they dont get what they want, they just act like total *******s. They get bad grades, get suspended, get in alot of trouble, smoke and drink, yet they drive cars i could only dream of having, and are always allowed to do what they want, and if they arent allowed, they do it anyways.

I, In the past years have gotten alot from my parents, they basically have gotten me what i wanted, but see theres a differnce between me and my freinds who get what they want. I help my dad out every single day of my life, i am with him 24/7 and we work toghter as a team. I dont go out and hang with freinds much becase id much rather help my dad seeing as he deserves it for the **** hes done for me. Then this year i changed, in the past years i got bad grades and little trouble, now i made the choice because i was sick of getting things i didnt deserve from my parents, to change into a whole new school and change my ways. I now have a 3.8 gpa opposed to my .7 gpa last year. I Work every single day, and give money out of every paycheck to my parents, just for them to have.

660Grizz04
11-20-2005, 03:24 PM
I know what you meen .... alot of kids around here dont work or do anything .... me on the other hand work at a local atv , snowmobile , lawn mower ( anything with motors ) shop .... get 6 bucks and hour everyday after school and on the weekends, also work 9-5 in summer or anydays we dont have school .... I bought both my atvs with my own money, well im still paying on the grizzly though .... And im only 15 .... :ermm:

chigger
11-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Im 16. Ive paid for both the quads I have owned completely on my own. In 5 years, Ive put about 6000 into my hobby. Ive earned it cutting wood, working on pools, and doin any odd job thats offered to me. Im currently driving a 93 ford work van - a gift from my father. I pay my own gas and insurance.

TCracin440ex - May I ask why $5,000 is needed for a car? It takes alot to make 5 grand back while your in high school.

JDiablo
11-20-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox
Give your 16 year old bro an arsewhopping when you see him doing that crap. your 16 year old brother sounds like my 14 year old brother, he is the laziest piece of $h** i have ever seen, my parents tell him to do something and he just walks away and goes play playstion or rides his bike, then when he gets back in, im there doing the chore:rolleyes: he thinks he does alot of work around the house, all he does is sleep,eat, ride his gay pedal bike because he thinks its "cool" and then he expects my mom to buy stuff for him:mad:

Sounds like my fat piece of chit lazy *** brother,all he does it play video games 24/7

Titanium
11-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Your not alone i know this kid at my school who thinks he's all cool because he gets everything he wants. even tho it doesn't help his rep at all cus nobody likes him cus of his *****y attitude because he thinks he's better than everyone. but neways this kid went up to mommy and daddy and was like i want a Miata. wats his parents do they go out and buy him one. then the next thing you know he says he wants a 2001 chevy s-10 and guess wat his parents bot him that too. and then one day he stopped by our mechanic shop that i work at and saw my 4 wheeler ... he said he liked it and called his dad. his dad came down and tried to make a deal with me and i said no deal. but then about a month later this kid got a brand new honda 450r. the kid doesn't even kno how to use a clutch let alone even kno the shift pattern so the 4 wheeler just sits there in the garage. and the biggest part of all that pisses me off is that this kid is 16 doesn't have a job. doesn't have any chores or anything to do around the house.

trick450r
11-20-2005, 05:11 PM
not al of them are like that...i dont get the best grades in school, but i have never gotten in trouble for even a tardy or anything...and i work..alot...last week i put in 26 hours at my work. as for cars my parents got them for me, but they were free and i have to fix them, well actually im selling them and my parents are loaning me a bit of money and im buying a porsche 944, but of course i have to pay that back asap...as for my quad, my parents paid for all of it BUT i didnt ask for the quad, or any of the parts ANY OF THEM...

TCracin440ex
11-20-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by chigger
TCracin440ex - May I ask why $5,000 is needed for a car? It takes alot to make 5 grand back while your in high school.

because he wants a honda civic or honda accord...and he thinks hes going to get it

he says hes going to get a job...but even if he gets a job moms going to have to take him back and forth to work and he said he wont give her any gas money.