View Full Version : rappy project/questions

TheRidinLife01
11-19-2005, 07:54 PM
well guys, im starting a new rappy project.....

i have a 2002 rappy that is totally stock except for tires and bars. i have 2500 in the budget to spend on it. gimme some suggestions for what i should get.

im thinking a full pipe and go long travel? i was thinking +3?
gimme some other suggestions please

also. anyone know if they make a lobo long travel kit for the raptor?

or an axle wider than +4?

ill get pics up and use this thread as my whole project thread with pics along the way

Foxracin
11-19-2005, 09:58 PM
Yes, Roll Design makes long travel arms for the raptor and I think RPM has a +5 axle. I would go with that and a Sparks pipe and Pro Design filter kit.

MadDog56
11-19-2005, 10:48 PM
Raptor Sale Price - 3000
Money In Hand - 2500

5500 leaves lots of funds to buy a used yfz which will probably handle better than the raptor would after sinking 2500 into its suspension. Not to mention it will have more power in stock form.

I love the rap, but I have to give credit where it's due. The yfz handles much, much better and if handling is your objective you've got the wrong bike.

TheRidinLife01
11-20-2005, 01:58 PM
actually, i did a rappy project about 2 years ago and am very happy with it(the quad in my sig) now its time for another project.

the yfz is great no doubt, but i already have a mx'er that spanks yfz's

time for another raptor project....

tater_kamik
11-21-2005, 07:32 AM
that front end is not cheap though, it will take up your 2500 dollar budget just getting the front end, not to mention everything else im sure you want.

Racing Rice
11-21-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
that front end is not cheap though, it will take up your 2500 dollar budget just getting the front end, not to mention everything else im sure you want.

I agree.. That will eat up your 2500 really quick. Either keep saving, buy a YFZ, or go for something alittle cheaper like +2 arms and shocks, axle, etc.

tater_kamik
11-21-2005, 04:39 PM
^^^^ that makes more sense, its what i did, but i do wish i had long travel anyways... i cant complain, i got a sweet deal on by burgard +2's. i think i have a grand (maybe a tinch over, but i dont think so) into my front end, another grand in my rearend (more sweet deals, all new stuff) and a ton of other parts.

TheRidinLife01
11-21-2005, 06:10 PM
so what do you suggest i go with? do they make +3 std travel arms? or do you think that would be too wide? should i just go with +2s? and for shocks it will deff. be elka, now for the back end? ill prolly just get my back shock rebuilt and a +4 axle.

if i have the extra $$ im going to go with a sparks pipe and the pro flo kit

tater_kamik
11-22-2005, 07:38 AM
there are +3 standard travel arms http://www.burgardcycle.com/RAPTOR.html talk to pappy about pricing, he can give you plenty of info since he deals with them directly. check out g force axles, 200 bucks and i havent heard anyone with a problem yet with them. i also got a burgard anti vib stem brand new off of ebay for 200, so you may want to check out ebay for some sweet deals on parts. i agree with rebuilding your rear shock, and getting elkas. if you already had yfz front shocks, i would probably say to just get those redone, but it wont be worth it once you buy the shocks vs getting elkas.