PDA

View Full Version : ok, whos running the Ishock set-up?

Jersey450R
11-19-2005, 07:11 AM
I'm really looking into the F8 set up. I'm been researching the crap out out all sorts of set-ups and this seems to be the best complete/work together well system just because its made to go and work together. but i'm a little apprehensive because i havent seen, or heard any really experinced info of people running it on a 450R. plus, they only offer a single rate spring which i know can be beneficial, but hindering at the same time. any info on the front set up will be appreciated. comparisions to other setup's? bottoming resistance?, etc.

Chango
11-20-2005, 03:12 PM
How could you buy a box of parts and expect them to work for so many diffrent ridding styles?

Leschj03
11-20-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Chango
How could you buy a box of parts and expect them to work for so many diffrent ridding styles?

you bought your 4 wheeler, how did you expect it to work for so many different ridding styles? Its an upgraded suspension kit to replace factory, kinda explains itself. And the package does work extremely well. My brother put it on his yfz and loves it. And he has won many 1st places compared to his 2nd 3rds and 4th with factory, but no 1st with factory

450robot
11-20-2005, 06:09 PM
its not single rate buddy...

it a multirate (i think 3) wound spring

same thing as elkas or works multiple springs, just all combined in one spring for smoother performance

Jersey450R
11-21-2005, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by 450robot
its not single rate buddy...

it a multirate (i think 3) wound spring

same thing as elkas or works multiple springs, just all combined in one spring for smoother performance

well, buddy...

single rate to me is 1 spring. It may be a progressive rate but the spring dosent get tighter as it reaches the top of the shock. theres no doubt in my mind that it performs extremely well, but my thing is, that no one has actually written a non biased review on this yet...

Mxjunkie
11-21-2005, 08:16 AM
Steve wessinger aka hondaracer305 has one on his 450r

Chango
11-21-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Leschj03
you bought your 4 wheeler, how did you expect it to work for so many different ridding styles? Its an upgraded suspension kit to replace factory, kinda explains itself. And the package does work extremely well. My brother put it on his yfz and loves it. And he has won many 1st places compared to his 2nd 3rds and 4th with factory, but no 1st with factory Well i bought it after i rode one i knew it wouldn't work for my style so i bought many diffrent parts that were set for my weight and style of riding.To me it's like buying a box of shoes not knowing what size they are..

TBD
11-22-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Chango
Well i bought it after i rode one i knew it wouldn't work for my style so i bought many diffrent parts that were set for my weight and style of riding.To me it's like buying a box of shoes not knowing what size they are..
Ishock offers a 100% satisfaction gaurantee. If you don't feel that the shocks are set up the way you like they will change them as needed. Just as most of the other shock companies they will revalve them as needed if it is not right. All you have to do is send them back just like you would do with any of the other shock companies. They do have a excellent service department that has a quick turn around. If your still not happy then just send them back. "100% SATISFACTION GAURANTEE".

Matt400ex_17
11-23-2005, 06:55 PM
I have also been extremly curious about these and mine are on the way my buddy has a raptor and i hate riding it to damn tall and skinny well a guy at a local riding area had them on his raptor and the differnece is like riding my 300ex to my mx ready 416 it transfered and felt so good i would fell in love with it. The guy said it took about 3-4 hours to install and the DVD was extremely helpful. He said before that he had a susucki with Lone star and elka and he said he would take this setup any day over it. With the old setup he said it just never felt right and with this its like riding on a cloud. So yea mine is on the way.