PDA

View Full Version : sending engine in?

trxkruzoffman
11-18-2005, 10:54 PM
how would you send your engine into sparks or CT racing to get it rebuilt and/or bored? i want to get ether of them done and i dont no how to send it into the company i would do it my self but im afraid that im not gonna do it right and cause more damage, how do i send my engine in to these companies, do i need to call them?? your imput would be very helpfull:confused:

kyleschonert
11-18-2005, 10:56 PM
You can start out by calling them. But Im sure the wait is gonna be longer there than your local dealer or small engine shop. The finished product would be much more worth the wait though. BUt you could just order their parts and have someone else put it in for cheaper. But just call them and they will help you out.

trxkruzoffman
11-19-2005, 01:14 AM
which is a better company, like what one does the best work that you no of, CT, Sparks, Trinity or is there another company?

Pappy
11-19-2005, 05:23 AM
id try our site sponsors, DASA or Colby at C&D Racing.

colby has been building solid engines for quite some time now, and they continue to prove themselves at the 6 and 12 hour races.

if all out power is your quest then Dan at Dasa can give you all you can afford!

Allen
11-19-2005, 05:42 AM
CT done a heckuva job on my buddy's 400ex. That thing ran like a rapted ape when he got it back, but they had it for months.....

Try Laz at GT Thunder

NacsMXer
11-19-2005, 11:09 AM
GT Thunder has an awesome turn around time. Excellent pricing, knowledge, and customer service from Lazarus. I was in the same position as you a year ago and I was considering sending the motor to CT.

GT Thunder turned out to be exactly what I was looking for and had a much quicker turn around than CT offered me.

trxkruzoffman
11-20-2005, 11:56 AM
what about LRD, a friend of mine sent his 250R into them after he blew it up and he got a 330 PV in it now, it seemed like they didnt have it for too long, and they did an exclint job on it. but that a two stroke, do they do good on four strokes too???

exx400
11-21-2005, 04:43 PM
try K&K atv they do a real nice job!!

bwamos
11-22-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by trxkruzoffman
how would you send your engine into sparks or CT racing to get it rebuilt and/or bored? i want to get ether of them done and i dont no how to send it into the company i would do it my self but im afraid that im not gonna do it right and cause more damage, how do i send my engine in to these companies, do i need to call them?? your imput would be very helpfull:confused:

Yes call them. I'm sure they all like to receive their stuff differently.

When I sent my engine to FST, I sent the following parts.

Cylinder w/ stock sleeve in it.
Head assembled w/ vales in it (removed intake boot). Head cover seperated, but sent it as well for lifter inspection.
Cam for core.
CDI Box.

Put them all in seperate small boxes, packed well in old newspaper. Put all the smaller boxes in one medium size box and packed it with bubble wrap. Took it up to FedEx and shipped it for $14 insured.

bradley300
11-22-2005, 08:08 AM
i just sent the entire motor. put it in a plastic bin and zip tied the lid on. cost me about 60 bucks all together

bwamos
11-22-2005, 08:37 AM
Aye, that's another way to do it. Especially if you are doing enough to it to warrrant a few test runs. ;)

I did all my own assembly/dissasembly to save money. It was worth every second. I learned a LOT about the inner workings of my atv.

I did manage to get my timing off 1 tooth on first assembly.. lol. Put the slack on the wrong side of the timing chain. haha. Ran like CRAP. Felt lean, ran rich. Talk about hard to jet. Live and learn...

bradley300
11-22-2005, 08:41 AM
lol, yeah, mine have always had crankwork done, seemed easier to send the whole thing in, i sure didnt have a clue how to do anything, i trusted laz at gthunder much more than i did myself, lol