View Full Version : I think I finaly found myself a car

TheFontMaster
11-18-2005, 09:23 PM
I been looking through ebay all night for a nice ford vehicle to buy and restore, well tonight I was really wanting a car, felt like buying something, and I was looking through ebay, yea great combination there:o I came across this 66 mustang. It's in decent condition. Minus the interior and mabey brakes, all the work is on the body, and I can fix it all. Now I just need to convince my parents to let me get it tomorow, that will be the hard part, especialy since it would have to be towed home with the brakes being in question.

heres the auction,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4590831487&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

and more pics that I the seller gave me.
http://home.comcast.net/~boss429/index.htm

hardkoratvmxr
11-18-2005, 09:26 PM
that is a lot of work with all that rust i see in that one picture. i bet that will be a lot of $ also

11-18-2005, 09:30 PM
Cute interior :uhoh:

http://home.comcast.net/~boss429/images/180932768oabRQB_ph.jpg

Mxjunkie
11-18-2005, 09:34 PM
It's called a project car for a reason! it aint gonna be pretty when you first get it thats for damn sure, the reponses you get about it once its done though...

Priceless :D

TheFontMaster
11-18-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
that is a lot of work with all that rust i see in that one picture. i bet that will be a lot of $ also

I have no doubts that I can't fix that. I am working on a rotted out door for a friends 68 f-100 that is pretty bad. From the sounds of it, I'll replace the brakes, fix the body, and I'll have a really nice first car. The interior, that will probably take a little while for me to get to seing as I don't do interiors, I'll just take it apart, apoxy prime the inside, put it back together and call it good for a couple years.

ReconRider25
11-18-2005, 09:39 PM
if it were me id start with a different car. way too much body work on that. might not look like it on the outside but that things rustin from the inside out. mighty big hole there too. id suggest goin down south to find a car with no rust even if it needs a whole new drivetrain over that. you can never get rid of rust itll always come back.;) unless you plan on spendin 10 grand or more on that to make it right its not worth it...

TheFontMaster
11-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
if it were me id start with a different car. way too much body work on that. might not look like it on the outside but that things rustin from the inside out. mighty big hole there too. id suggest goin down south to find a car with no rust even if it needs a whole new drivetrain over that. you can never get rid of rust itll always come back.;) unless you plan on spendin 10 grand or more on that to make it right its not worth it...

Please convincing my dad to let me drive the 5 hours or so to NJ will be hard enough let alone down south. I asked for more pictures of the underside of the car especialy the rear of it. If I have to spend a couple hundred for a replacement trunk bed so be it, if it runs like the guy claims it does it will be nice.

NacsMXer
11-18-2005, 10:41 PM
What if that interior smells real bad. Often you will find dead mice in cars like that and the smell is pretty much permanent. It would take thousands upon thousands to get that thing into decent shape.

I'd start with a better platform first, and I would never buy a car without first seeing it in person. But if you got 600 bucks to blow why not...

TheFontMaster
11-18-2005, 10:57 PM
I found a dead mouse along with about 4 mouse nests and a wasp nest in that f-100 i mentioned earlier. The smell gets into the fabric, and apholstery (sp), once you get the car apart, and it gets to air out and you can get in there and get rid of the nasty stuff the smell will come out no problem. Besides it's been said before, this is a PROJECT CAR. I know it needs work, I can fix it. I know it will need alot of money, I plan on spending some money on this car. If I get it it will go into the shop around febuary, and I'll have all the body work on it done, and it will be painted by june.

Butters
11-18-2005, 11:24 PM
yeah mustangs rock!!!!

660Grizz04
11-19-2005, 07:01 AM
If you could get it for cheap and and start saving your money .... redo the whole car, in a few years you would have a really nice looking car .....

Snow
11-19-2005, 07:15 AM
This might end up being just like the plastics on your 250r(before you finished the project). People saying to just buy something nicer and you will do a great job at making it work and look awesome. Looks like an awesome project car man.