PDA

View Full Version : Washington State Sport Quad Riders Meet Here

Jonas
11-18-2005, 12:52 PM
If you would like to meet up with people that enjoy sport quads like you do then post your next ride here.

I want to establish a new riding group up here in Washington. All makes and models of sport quads are welcome. I ride dunes, mx, and trails. Let me know if your interested in meeting up!

Jonas
11-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Is anyone going to Oregon for thanksgiving week? That's where I will probably go this year.

If I could find someone that would step up, I would go down to Glamis again this year. I went there a couple years ago and had a blast. We stopped by Oceano Dunes first and then arrived at Glamis by thanksgiving. That's one trip I will never forget.

tractorpacker
11-22-2005, 07:54 PM
TT race at RMC this weekend.

2mnyToyz
11-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Puttin' TP into the bales...;)

EvilMaximus
11-22-2005, 10:02 PM
here is a bunch of people from our area

Washington riders (http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm/catid/27/threadid/353711.cfm)

2mnyToyz
11-23-2005, 06:40 PM
I'll have to give 'em a shout...

tractorpacker
11-23-2005, 09:11 PM
2mny is a chickenchoker, oops I mean chicken farmer.

2mnyToyz
11-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Fudge or Tractors... what does he really pack??? you decide...:eek2:

Who lubs ya?

tractorpacker
11-24-2005, 09:59 AM
You sir, are back on the top of the list.

Jonas
12-01-2005, 07:10 AM
Been getting a few pm's from people that may want to ride. Post your next ride here!

dirtmomma
12-01-2005, 08:36 AM
Good luck where are you riding at?????????????????? Hell they've about closed EVERYTHING down :mad: :grr: but guess I can't ****** too much haven't been able to make it to any meetings :(

I see your from Everett, so are we :) but as for riding we are out till summer probably, doing a little roundy round racing @ monroe & RMC this winter :D:D:D

Jakeyracer
12-06-2005, 07:45 PM
ne 1 know where a good area to ride is on west washinton:confused: :confused:

Porkchop
12-06-2005, 10:04 PM
Im down here in Aberdeen... along the coast.

Mostly logging roads and trails down here, a couple of my buddies usually head up to shelton to ride, well are starting too..

Jakeyracer
12-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Thank u porkchop 4 ur reply
Im new to the area so i didnt know where good spots r

texasame
12-09-2005, 07:45 PM
whats up i'm up here on whidbey island and i go to walker valley lots of trails and the riders out there are very courteous.

1BAD72
12-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Where is Walker valley ? I live in the Bonney Lake area I went riding in Ravensdale last weekend . Not sure if its still leagle but it was fun . I know Evens creek is open But you have ot buy a 1 year pass ( $5 ). And there is still alot of snow .

Danny
Buckley Wa

dirtmomma
12-10-2005, 08:30 AM
Walker is up North by Mount Vernon :) it's a good place to ride I've only been there once for our big CBHRCA ride & it was fun, didn't ride a whole lot but LOTS of trails & all kinds of skill levels!!m Thurston county ORV park is now re-opened also!!

Jonas
12-10-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Jakeyracer
ne 1 know where a good area to ride is on west washinton:confused: :confused:

Where do you live?

Jonas
12-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by 1BAD72
Where is Walker valley ? I live in the Bonney Lake area I went riding in Ravensdale last weekend . Not sure if its still leagle but it was fun . I know Evens creek is open But you have ot buy a 1 year pass ( $5 ). And there is still alot of snow .

Danny
Buckley Wa

Evens Creek gets pretty muddy in the winter doesn't it?

Jonas
12-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Porkchop
Im down here in Aberdeen... along the coast.

Mostly logging roads and trails down here, a couple of my buddies usually head up to shelton to ride, well are starting too..

Have you been to Thurston ORV or Capital Forest? That's not too far away from you.

EvilMaximus
12-10-2005, 11:16 PM
ORV park is closed til april...i live in olympia...I just got my 400ex a couple months ago so i have not been to may places yet...where in Cap forest u guys go?

1BAD72
12-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Evens creek does get pretty muddy ( from what I've heard ) but right now in Buckley (10:50pm) its in the mid 20's and I was told there is quite a bit of snow. I also was told you cant ride atvs on the roads But there is alot of trails for riding . All my friends have been riding there but as usual When I got my bike people stop riding for the year .......Wimps !:mad: :

Jonas
12-11-2005, 09:14 AM
That's when you have to make a Oregon Dunes trip. As long as it's not raining down there the weather is perfect for riding. No worries about mudholes there.

dirtmomma
12-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Jonas
Evens Creek gets pretty muddy in the winter doesn't it?

Ahhhh come on nuthin' a little pressure washer won't take caare of :D:D:D:D;););)

1BAD72
12-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Plus right now you will get to play in the snow .:D The week after christmas I'm going to moses for a day and Quincy to ride in a friends massive gravel pit . To bad its in the 20's over there .

Jonas
12-15-2005, 08:42 AM
Cool BAD. Let us know how it goes. I don't think I've been to Moses in mid winter for years. So BAD, what are you going to be riding when your over there?

Jonas
12-15-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by EvilMaximus
ORV park is closed til april...i live in olympia...I just got my 400ex a couple months ago so i have not been to may places yet...where in Cap forest u guys go?

Do you know who is running the ORV park now. I haven't heard.

dirtmomma
12-15-2005, 08:48 AM
Here's a litttle sompin' for you locals to check out THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!! :D:D:D

My son & husband are racing along w/ my brother & some others!!!

ICE (http://www.everetteventscenter.com/MainArena/Events/General.ashx?p=65&69_evntdt=181&69_evnt=133)

dirtmomma
12-15-2005, 08:56 AM
A little something I rec'vd you may be interested in if you want to keep riding in WA :) Maybe you can attend this?!

To: CLOUT Administrator; Mark Reid; Jim Dupras; Santeford Gary; David Hiatt; Steve Johnson; Don Lambert
Subject: P5000 ORV Closure - Public Meeting Notice

Just got a call from JoAnn Chapman, assistant to
Representative Mike Sells (425-257-2168)

There will be a meeting on December 19th (Monday) at
4:00PM in Everett for the Public to meet with DNR
Management and share our concerns over the closing of
the P5000 ORV area.

Location of the Meeting:
Everett Labor Temple Building
2812 Lombard Ave
Everett, WA
Time: 4:00 PM
Date: 12/19/05

Please get the word out to all of your riding Friends
to attend and share their concerns. It would be best
to not get real nasty at this meeting or they will
stop listening. But express our concerns and solutions
to their issues. And our willingness to support the
changes needed to keep it opened.

It would be GREAT if you would each bring a copy of the EMAILS/LETTERs you have each sent to Doug Sutherland (his email is cpl@wadnr.gov ) who is the Commissioner of Public Lands (Elected DNR State Timber company president) AND your emails to your elected WA representatives (you each have two of those) and your WA senator. You can easily find your legislators and a special email form for contacting them using the link http://apps.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/

WE NEED A HUGE PILE THOSE COPIES SO THEY CAN CLEARLY SEE THAT WE ARE CONTACTING THEIR BOSS AND THE LEGISLATURE!

Can't make the meeting at 4:00 P.M.? Then at least email a copy of your letters to Jeff Kenoyer [mailto:kenoj45@yahoo.com]

so he can present them for you.

I will contact the Everett Herald, put up signs at the
P5000 entrance (again). Contact Friends and the
Northwest Motorcycle Association, CLOUT, and get
notices to Lynnwood & Smokey Point Cycle Barn.

Do what you can to also get the word out.

Thank you! Your support is needed!!

1BAD72
12-16-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm taking my00 400 I just got the bike 3 weeks ago and have only rode once . I'm taking my 13 year old nephew and my brother-in-law . (88 blaster and 85 350x) Its funny to watch my nephew cause he trys everything I do but he doesn't weigh enough to throw the bike around . I remember those days of flat out nofear . ..................Boy was I stupid :devil:

I wish I could make it to the meeting up in Everett I dont get off work till 3:30 and there is no way I could make it up there by 5pm let alone 4pmBe sure to give them H%!! for us :cuss:

Also I've heard rummers of the moses lake dunes getting closed down . Has any one else heard this ? It came from a UNreliable sorce but still anyone whos been over there lately has noticed all the houses envaiding the dunes . Just curious .

tractorpacker
12-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Here's a litttle sompin' for you locals to check out THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!! :D:D:D

My son & husband are racing along w/ my brother & some others!!!

ICE (http://www.everetteventscenter.com/MainArena/Events/General.ashx?p=65&69_evntdt=181&69_evnt=133)

You racing Dirty? Don't be scared, you can borrow one my bikes.

dirtmomma
12-17-2005, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by tractorpacker
You racing Dirty? Don't be scared, you can borrow one my bikes.
LOL OK :D:D:D:D which one the fofiddy:devil: :macho :blah:

Jonas
12-19-2005, 03:21 PM
On my way to the p5000 meeting.

tractorpacker
12-26-2005, 11:17 AM
A group of us are planning to head to moses, or maybe Beverly:( on 1-1-06. Anyone around here wanna go ride the cheap sand? or snow?

peecout
01-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Headed down to Winchester Bay for Presidents Day weekend!! gettin really pumped! About 6 of us going so far.

Jonas
01-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by peecout
Headed down to Winchester Bay for Presidents Day weekend!! gettin really pumped! About 6 of us going so far.

Ah, sounds fun, I hope I'll be into my new quad by then.

Jonas
01-30-2006, 09:42 AM
Anybody else have plans for Presidents Day weekend?

dirtmomma
01-30-2006, 09:47 AM
My family & a few others will be heading to Sand Lake Or. for the weekend :D:D

peecout
01-31-2006, 07:17 AM
My family & a few others will be heading to Sand Lake Or. for the weekend :D:D
I know a bunch of other people that are going to Sand Lake too. I will be leaving Winchester and heading up to Sand Lake on Sunday. Maybe ride Sunday and a little Monday. Probably see you there!

dirtmomma
01-31-2006, 10:00 AM
I know a bunch of other people that are going to Sand Lake too. I will be leaving Winchester and heading up to Sand Lake on Sunday. Maybe ride Sunday and a little Monday. Probably see you there!

Cool :) if you see a white Ford p/u towing a white gooseneck horse trailer stop & say HI that's our friends rig we'll be nearby it, I'm not sure what motorhome we are taking yet :o it will either be a 20' class C white/yellow one or a 24' white/burgandy class C the later is in the shop right now :( HOPEFULLY it'll be done since it has everything in it already I'm dreading transfering everything to the other one!! BUT WILL DO if need be to go to the dunes LOL

STOP BY & SAY HI :D

peecout
01-31-2006, 06:27 PM
Right on! Well if you guys are going to be there on Monday, then I will for sure say hi I havent been there before but I'm sure It wont be too hard to find ya. I have a red Dodge Ram and my buddy has a big red Ford F-250. He will be there fri,sat, and sun.

See ya There,
Greg

tractorpacker
02-01-2006, 06:23 PM
I was just informed that we are going to Sandlake. I got friday and monday off, so it'll be good. I might even do a woolie.:devil:

Jonas
02-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Do they still have open camping out in the sand at Sand Lake on holiday weekends or will a permit be needed?

tractorpacker
02-02-2006, 09:57 PM
I thought you had to pay for sand camping year round.? I think you have to have the $10 "permit" to have the vehicle off road.

Jonas
02-03-2006, 07:53 AM
I just want to make sure that they are not limiting the permits there during that weekend for some reason? I have a NW forest pass and that should take care of the sand camping fees.

dirtmomma
02-03-2006, 08:23 AM
I was just informed that we are going to Sandlake. I got friday and monday off, so it'll be good. I might even do a woolie.:devil:

YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D:D:D I got Thurs.,Fri,Sat,Sun,MOn,Tues(hopefully Tues) off :devil: :devil: Always gotta have that extra day in case we "break down" LOL on our way home Mon ;);)

At least you know you guys won't have a problem finding a babysitter for when/if Jolene wants to ride hahaha

Glad your going SEE YA THERE when you guys leaving?? We are hoping for Thurs.night do ya wanna convoy down?? We might be too slow for everyone though, Ron said if our motorhome is fixed then we should be able to go a little faster than usual ;):)

tractorpacker
02-03-2006, 05:11 PM
We will leave Thursday after work, whenever that will be. Go home Monday mornin.

peecout
02-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Not to get off the DUNES topic or anything, but we are riding up at Walker Valley on Monday the 6th. Anyone interested?? Probably the last dirt ride before I throw on the paddles!!:D

dirtmomma
02-04-2006, 07:47 PM
We will leave Thursday after work, whenever that will be. Go home Monday mornin.

DITTO :) so we'll see ya there!! Probably sometime EARLY fri morning!!

Jakeyracer
02-04-2006, 09:51 PM
srry 4 the late reply but i live down by centrailia in lewis county ne where near ne good spots and i am willing to go to north oregon too

thanks for ne responces(srry bout the spelling)

dirtmomma
02-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Jakeyracer
srry 4 the late reply but i live down by centrailia in lewis county ne where near ne good spots and i am willing to go to north oregon too

thanks for ne responces(srry bout the spelling)

If you like the dunes then Sand Lake is probably not too far from you it's by Tillamook Or.

jj212jj
02-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi I'm new here from Seattle, and looking to get into riding. I was planning on getting a 400ex and joining a club to meet some other riders, do you guys have any recommendations on clubs or places to ride close to seattle? Trails, and maybe the closest dunes. Thanks

dirtmomma
02-08-2006, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by jj212jj
Hi I'm new here from Seattle, and looking to get into riding. I was planning on getting a 400ex and joining a club to meet some other riders, do you guys have any recommendations on clubs or places to ride close to seattle? Trails, and maybe the closest dunes. Thanks

Welcome aboard to the quadcycle world :) There is a bunch of us locals on here (http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm?catid=27&threadid=353711) that get together quite often for rides, ALL different riding levels, some of us are racers, some of us are trail riders, some of us are sand riders but we ALL love the sport :D:D Soooo come on over post up & say HI!!! It isn't a club clubs don't seem to do so well LOL, I am the President of the Lynnwood Cycle Barn HRCA(honda riders club of america) if you want to join it is free NO dues ect. we've had a couple of rides in the past they were a good time, haven't had one lately due to our racing schedule & lack of running bikes :o
We are now as you can see planning a dune trip, it's not necessarily a "club" ride though but I may have some "goodies" if we get enough members there :D:D Would really like to shoot a nice pic of the members that WILL be down there!!!
If interested you can PM me or email sandvig4@juno.com for more info or check out my website for HRCA info!!!

Have fun enjoy & hope to meet ya sometime soon

NOW GO GET THAT QUAD :D:D:D:D;);)

Jonas
02-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Welcome JJ, let us know how the quad buying goes. I had a 2000 400ex so if you have any questions you can post them here and I will try and help. There are a number of trail riding areas in Western Washington from Seattle, you are within two hours of quite a few. I have some maps if you need them. The closest dunes areas start at about three hours drive. Beverly Dunes is closest. It's small at about 300 acres near Vantage Washington. Moses Lake Sand Dunes are about 3 1/2 hours bigger area and good for two day weekends. Sand Lake Dunes area is about 5 hours near Tillamook Oregon. The best sand dunes around are on the southern coast of Oregon between Florence and North Bend Oregon. They are about 7 hours away. The "season opening" weekend at Sand Lake is President's Day weekend coming up soon. I will be going there Friday through Sunday. Sand Lake is a good beginner area with great views and fun trails. Welcome to the Northwest and the quad scene.

dirtmomma
02-09-2006, 08:43 AM
7 days till DA DUNES:devil: :devil: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :D :D :D

the motorhome is coming home tonight & i'll start the "after race season" cleaning of it & LOADING to go YIPPEEEEEEEE
So we will be in a class C dodge front end motorhome white w/ marroon stipes, LOTS of stickers on the back windows, Sandvig Racing @ the top it also has a storage box on the roof (easy to spot) SO COME ON OVER & SAY HI I should have chili cooking one day so come have a cup if ya want :D

peecout
02-09-2006, 04:25 PM

the motorhome is coming home tonight & i'll start the "after race season" cleaning of it & LOADING to go YIPPEEEEEEEE
So we will be in a class C dodge front end motorhome white w/ marroon stipes, LOTS of stickers on the back windows, Sandvig Racing @ the top it also has a storage box on the roof (easy to spot) SO COME ON OVER & SAY HI I should have chili cooking one day so come have a cup if ya want :D

We'll probably see ya there if you guys are going to still be around later Sunday and Monday!!!
GETTIN REALLY PUMPED!!
I'm thinking the countdown is a great idea:D

EvilMaximus
02-09-2006, 11:02 PM
I hope my friend get his quad this weekend, if so we are heading to sandlakes friday the 17th-19th ..my first trip to the dunes...

Jonas
02-10-2006, 08:47 AM
I think you will really like the dunes if you haven't been yet. Sand Lake is not the best dunes area but it's by the ocean which is fun and has great sand trails. It's worth the trip!

Just curious if anyone knows what the current sand camping permit or reservation rules are there????

dirtmomma
02-10-2006, 08:48 AM
6 DAYS TO DA DUNES :devil: :devil: :blah: :blah:

Well the motorhome got 2 new mufflers, carb adjustment, electrical repairs(we now have TWO bright headlights LOL) & a few other things he says it runs like his hot rod :eek2: we didn't pick it up last night as thought, too busy but it's all good!!

I'm soooooooo excited still hahaha

AND my starter clutch bearing WAS the right one :D:D so it is being installed, & the blaster got it's head stud fixed so it is a GOOD week :D:D:D ANd we got our tax $$ so we are definetly ready ;)

dirtmomma
02-10-2006, 08:53 AM
I think you will really like the dunes if you haven't been yet. Sand Lake is not the best dunes area but it's by the ocean which is fun and has great sand trails. It's worth the trip!

Just curious if anyone knows what the current sand camping permit or reservation rules are there????
I think you have to have a sand camping permit?, & I do bleive it's like $10 to sand camp there are NO reservations this time of the year it is 1st come 1st serve for the spots the campground IS open year round now!! It's probably $20 there I think can't remember right off hand!! YOU DO HAVE TO HAVE A FLAG ON YOUR RIG(truck ect.) to go out on the sand of course!!

dirtmomma
02-10-2006, 08:54 AM
I hope my friend get his quad this weekend, if so we are heading to sandlakes friday the 17th-19th ..my first trip to the dunes...
COOL yes Sand Lake is small BUT it's great for first timers, they have hill climbs, tree shots, trails, whoop sections(these are a BLAST) it gets small but you'll still have a good time, & on the big weekends they usually have play drags :) Stop & say hi!!!!

dirtmomma
02-11-2006, 08:41 AM
5 DAYS TILL DA DUNES :D:D:D:devil: :devil: :blah: :blah: :macho :macho :macho :cool: :cool:

tractorpacker
02-11-2006, 07:00 PM

I might just stop by and say hi.

dirtmomma
02-12-2006, 08:55 AM
I might just stop by and say hi.

OKie dokie :) would you bring your wife & daughter too please!!

dirtmomma
02-12-2006, 09:10 AM
Oh yeah 4 DAYS TILL DA DUNES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil: :devil: :macho :macho :blah: :blah: :blah: :D :D

Jonas
02-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Well, I finally got my new quad early this week. I can't wait to ride it down at Sand Lake for a little testing. I just have to get it back together now after tearing it down to put on the parts from my '05.

dirtmomma
02-13-2006, 07:41 AM
Jonas VERY coool glad to hear you got your new bike :)

3 DAYS TO DA DUNES :devil: :devil: :macho :macho :blah: :blah: :blah:

Got all our quads ready to go just need to be loaded on the trailer :) 6 of 8 ready to roll all paddled up & RUNNING YIPPEEEE :macho

Hope to see ya there :D:D we MIGHT be heading down Thurs. now heehee, IF it snows it's a bigger possibility due to the fact it's hard to roof in the snow :)

peecout
02-13-2006, 08:41 AM
What the...... :huh
SNOW ??

Jonas
02-13-2006, 09:21 AM
I hope this forecast changes.......http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USOR0347?from=search_10day

.....if not I guess I'll be riding in the snow:D

Does anyone want to meet up on Saturday night at the drag dune for a night trail loop or something?????

EvilMaximus
02-13-2006, 06:27 PM
does anyone know if its goin to rain down there this weekend?...if so i cant go..i dont get my trailer for 5 weeks and im not tenting in the rain...

dirtmomma
02-14-2006, 06:26 AM
WOW waht a change in the weather :eek2: LOL Well I don't know about you guys but we got SNOW :D

It woudn't be the 1st time we drove there in the snow :) 1st year we went we slip slided down our driveway in the snow & were on our way :)

Evilmaximus, YES it'll probably more than likely be raining it IS Feb. ;) Haven't looked @ the weather but you really just gotta depend on it raining!!
It would be NICE if it didn't but who know's

Got our quads on the trailer last night YIPEEE that's one big thing down now pack the bus & we're SOOOOOOOO ready to leave!!!

2 DAYS TO DA DUNES :devil: :devil: :blah: :blah: :blah: :macho :macho :macho

peecout
02-15-2006, 12:17 AM
We are all paddled up and ready to roost! I guess I will be bringing my rain gear after all. We are leaving tomorrow afternoon, so I dont think I will be gettin much sleep tonight! Can you say BUTTERFLIES!!

Headin down to Winchester! I'll let you all know how it was when we see ya at Sandlake.
:eek2: :D :eek2: :D :eek2: :D :eek2: :D :eek2: :D

dirtmomma
02-15-2006, 08:18 AM
Hey Peecout I know how ylou feel LOL we are all excited too just want to get out of town big time!! YES it's probably gonna be a cold one seems like everyon eon the other forum is whining about the cold & THEY AREN'T EVEN GOING:huh a I hate when people try to "rain" on the parade LOL ;):):)

We are also leaving sometime tomarrow, my hubby has to work so we'll see if his boss makes him work ALL day, I will be driving the motorhome to Lake City(Seattle) to pick him up to save on time so we will SEE YOU @ SAND LAKE have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

EvilMaximus
02-15-2006, 06:28 PM
well if i had my trailer i would be going...but camping in a tent in the rain sux...maybe next weekend...

Jonas
02-15-2006, 10:44 PM
What rain? It's not supposed to rain until Monday??

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USOR0347?from=search_10day

Jonas
02-15-2006, 10:46 PM
There is a better chance that it will rain in June. So far Saturday and Sunday look good to me:D

EvilMaximus
02-15-2006, 11:01 PM
wow ...weather changed again...hmmm...will have to talk to my friend and see if he wants to go...goin to be a little cold though...

jj212jj
02-16-2006, 02:15 AM
Are any of you guys the guy I saw today in Renton heading south with the motorhome pulling a trailer with like 5 or 6 quads on it with a sand rail also? If it was, you got a pretty nice set up. Hope you all have fun this weekend

Jonas
02-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Evil your not sounding so evil the way your talking. Get you *ss down there!

EvilMaximus
02-16-2006, 11:53 PM
well it looks like ill be down there Friday night....keep an eye out for a yellow 400ex...probly be me... :)

peecout
02-17-2006, 06:21 PM
DAMN IT!! Why do some people SUCK so bad? We left Weds. evening and drove all the way down to Wilsonville, OR. Stopped at the Super 8 motel to get a little sleep and woke up Thurs. morning to find out that someone had cut the lock on my trailer and stole my whole setup. Quads and all. They even tried to pry my doorhandle off my truck.
I am now offering a $2500 REWARD for the return of my quads and trailer. Hopefully someone will give them back or at least see them.
Any suggestion you guys have in what I should do, would be greatly appreciated.

Hope the rest of ya had fun.
Here are a couple picks I have of one quad.

peecout
02-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Had a custom seat cover and red ASV levers.

85lt250r
02-18-2006, 01:11 AM
Hey guys does anyone have a 400 ex for sale in wash/or area. I know this is off topic but there is no local for sale board.

peecout
02-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Here is a very similar pic of the trailer. It is a 7x12 with diamond plate box and diamond plate deck.

EvilMaximus
02-19-2006, 11:34 PM
was at sandlakes this weekend it was packed, didnt see any trailers like that down there...Im sure u called the local police,did u have either insured?Make sure you keep your eyes open for any aftermarket parts that u had on EBay or craigslist or may be Oregonian wantadds....I feel for your loss....

85lt250r...try craigslist.org and pick seattle..they have lots of quads for sale there....

Jakeyracer
02-20-2006, 01:14 AM
anymods you can list that are noticeable without looking 2 ft away so we dont look like we are gonna stealit ourselves i saw a aftermarket pipe and tires tell us like the brands and model type

srry for your loss i hate fvken @$$holes like that
:mad: :mad: :mad: :grr: :grr: :scary: :scary: :cuss: :cuss:
if i were u i would beat his punk @$$ up and down the whole west coast:muscle: :devious: that might teach him a lesson that or the huge fvkin fine that he will be payin off for a while

peecout
02-20-2006, 10:33 AM
My quad had a polished por circut T-4 pipe , asv red levers, one of a kind custom red and black seat cover with extra foam, renthal bars, Sand gecko trackers 20x10x12 real wide, cut fenders.
here is a link
http://portland.craigslist.org/mcy/134841387.html

Jonas
02-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Wow peecout, I'm sorry man. Make sure that the police have that vin. Hopefully, the people will make a mistake and the police will find yours along with others back at their rat whole.

peecout
02-20-2006, 12:04 PM
I am keeping my fingers crossed!! I just want the damn things back.
Lessons taught
1. Get insurance!
2. Get the best lock out there and use another lock on top of that.
3. Sleep on your trailer.

The thing that pisses me off is that I even locked the quads together. So they steal my f-ing trailer. They tried to get into my truck too! I think they wanted to take the whole package.

peecout
02-20-2006, 12:10 PM
These are the tires I had on at the time:(

1BAD72
02-20-2006, 06:03 PM
What wheels did you have on the bike and how new were they ?I was at the swap meet in puyalup this weekend and was going to bua set of 400ex wheels and tires like that but I only wanted the fronts . I gave the guy my number to call if he changed his mind . I went back on sunday and he wasent there .
:confused:

peecout
02-20-2006, 06:59 PM
What wheels did you have on the bike and how new were they ?I was at the swap meet in puyalup this weekend and was going to bua set of 400ex wheels and tires like that but I only wanted the fronts . I gave the guy my number to call if he changed his mind . I went back on sunday and he wasent there .

They were ITP 10x12's and I just polished them(rear). I think the fronts had douglas whhels(cant remember size but they are the ones in the picture of the quad).
The other quad had these Douglas black label and sharkfins on it. Here is a pic

1BAD72
02-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Both sets were itp wheels and they were not polished recently . Even though if I do Get a call back from the guy I will let you know . Sorry about your bikes If some one stole my bike heads would role . And thats just from my wife !:scary:I hope you find them .

Danny

dirtmomma
02-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Dayummm I am SOOOOOO SORRY to hear about this :(:(:( THIEVES are the WORST & I tell you they are getting to be more & more!!!!!!!!!:mad: :grr:
We were down @ SL but unfortunetly I cuoldn't tell you if I seen that quad :( there were so many 400's
I hope you find something out this just makes it more true that we DO need an enclosed trailer!!!!!

EvilMaximus
02-21-2006, 01:03 PM
dirtmomma where was u camped at...i looked for ya...it was packed down there...my buddy broke his arm friday night at 9pm...so he waited to go to the hospital at 8am sat morning...we made a pack no more night riding...it was really nice sat and sunday...id say it was a good trip for my first time to the dunes...how was everyones elses weekend?

dirtmomma
02-21-2006, 03:05 PM
dirtmomma where was u camped at...i looked for ya...it was packed down there...my buddy broke his arm friday night at 9pm...so he waited to go to the hospital at 8am sat morning...we made a pack no more night riding...it was really nice sat and sunday...id say it was a good trip for my first time to the dunes...how was everyones elses weekend?

We were parked in the last lot by the sand(can't remember the name), if you seen a motorhome & 5th wheel horse trailer parked all cockeyed THAT WAS US :D:D Bummer we didn't get to meet!!! Bummer about your buddy too that sucks!! YEP I no longer night ride either I'd rather sit & sip on beers LOL ;) Yes the weather did turn nice Sat. & Sun. but dayummmmm that WIND was horrible the days before :eek2: total sandblasting going on there haha
Here's our spot on the last day loading up to go home!!

blownaway
02-21-2006, 05:31 PM
here is a craigslist ad I found.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mcy/135875520.html

blownaway
02-21-2006, 05:32 PM
looks different now that I see them together.

peecout
02-21-2006, 05:39 PM
The paddles that I had were haulers and and 12" wide trakkers. Thanks though!!

1BAD72
02-22-2006, 09:09 PM
We went to sand lakes on the 10th with over 26 bikes ! It was only supposed to be 4 of us but you know how that goes . My bike ran horible ! I went down 1 choke hole and the bike stummbled and coughed on the way back out . I thought I was going to have to disassemble it and take it out piece by piece .

I think I fixed that problem we are going to Moses :tired: on Saturday . O well its close :rolleyes: . Does anyone have any front sand tires for a 400 ?

Danny

Jonas
02-24-2006, 09:08 PM
Hey Bad, what was wrong with your 400ex? I am just curious, I also had a 400ex with a 440 kit in it- Lots of fun.

1BAD72
02-26-2006, 09:39 PM
I don't know what the gremlin is I tore the carb apart and installed a 42 primary jet ( has a 160 main) and ran it on Saturday ( without Paddles :grr: ....stupid ) and it wouldent get out of its own way . My nephew broke his bike so our day was cut short ( 1.5 hours of riding ) and we went to Wennatchee Honda and talked to there parts guys about it and they are the best ! My bike was running lean we pulled the carb back off and cleaned it out agian , It seamed to make the diffrence . Its still to slow . I see a 440 kit and cam coming around next month .

:devil:

Danny

dirtmomma
02-27-2006, 07:23 AM
I don't know what the gremlin is I tore the carb apart and installed a 42 primary jet ( has a 160 main) and ran it on Saturday ( without Paddles :grr: ....stupid ) and it wouldent get out of its own way . My nephew broke his bike so our day was cut short ( 1.5 hours of riding ) and we went to Wennatchee Honda and talked to there parts guys about it and they are the best ! My bike was running lean we pulled the carb back off and cleaned it out agian , It seamed to make the diffrence . Its still to slow . I see a 440 kit and cam coming around next month .

Danny

If your interested I may have a 440 kit for sale :) it is a Wiseco piston,rings, & the sleeve also!! I'll see what we paid for it & let ya know if your itnerested :) We won't be using it i don't believe anyway!!`
As for that HOnda shop is that down by Tillamook?? My hubby went to one down there & they are the ONLY ones that have had a throttle cable for our blaster(it has an R carb) from every place we've been so that says ALOT to me :D:D It's a special cable blah blah blah haha ;)

Jonas
02-27-2006, 10:18 AM

Danny

Just do your research on the 440 kit before you buy it. Head gaskets tend to blow on them.

peecout
02-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Hey Jonas, how do you like your 450? Is it a huge differenace from the 400ex or what? I have been debating stepping up to a 450r but not sure if I want to drop that much $$ yet. Mainlt since I never have ridden a 450r.

1BAD72
02-27-2006, 05:12 PM
What 440 kits are the best to use ? I will install a stage 2 cam at the same time . I don't like doing things twice .

Danny

Jonas
02-28-2006, 10:58 PM
Hey Jonas, how do you like your 450? Is it a huge differenace from the 400ex or what? I have been debating stepping up to a 450r but not sure if I want to drop that much $$ yet. Mainlt since I never have ridden a 450r.

Huge!
I wish you still had your 400 and I would have traded off with you at the dunes. First of all, power wise
400ex stock........25-27 horse peak
06 450r stock......38-39 horse peak
my 06 should be...46-49 with just full exhaust and drop-in cam. I am reaching almost double the power of my 400ex when it was stock and it's very smooth power. The handling stock to stock is also noticeably better and more nible than my stock ex as well. I think that most people will be happy with the '06 Honda stock. If you were to get one, and mod it a little I think you would have trouble riding the ex after that. It should feel similiar to you ex and was a easy jump for me. It is quite a big step up than the 04-05 450r model. I went from the 05 to the 06. Hope this helps!

peecout
03-01-2006, 07:09 AM
I think I am going to just eget another 400ex. I was doing a lot of reading on thisforum one night. The issue with the crank bearings is really freaking me out. It seems like there is waaaay too many people with the same problem. I'm sure Honda has done something about it for 06, but I was looking at a 04.

Jonas
03-01-2006, 07:53 AM
Sounds good. I loved my 400ex when I had it. I just had to have some more power. The crank bearing failure thing is over rated. It is true though that the 450r is built as a race quad and if someone purchases one they should expect more maintenance than a quad like a 400ex. Good luck and I hope they find your quad.

dirtmomma
03-01-2006, 08:36 AM
Any news on the quads/trailer that were stolen??

March 11 @ RMC(Renton) TT race you guys should come on down & race or spectate it's a GREAT track :D:D

We've also been on the fence trying to decide whether to get a new 400 w/ reverse or a 450, my hubby doesn't want all the maintenance w/ the 450 & his 400 has been bullet proof pretty much!!! Ahhh decisions decisions :)

EvilMaximus
03-02-2006, 01:04 AM
just wanted to make sure none of these look like some that got jacked..

Tires (http://portland.craigslist.org/mcy/138251701.html)

Jonas
03-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Welll, where's the next ride at????? Even though is was colder than **** the first day, I had a great time down at Sand Lake.

EvilMaximus
03-05-2006, 05:10 PM
ya sat and sun was nice...going to Coos for Memorial day weekend...should be a blast...

peecout
03-06-2006, 08:29 AM
No word yet! I have just been looking for a replacement lately. I think I found a 400ex that I am going to pick up. I just want to get back into it as cheap as possible with something halfway decent to ride. I still have to buy another trailer too! SUCKS! Oh well, once I get this crap paid for I'll get a nicer bike:ermm:

peecout
03-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Welll, where's the next ride at????? Even though is was colder than **** the first day, I had a great time down at Sand Lake.

I tell ya one thing, as soon as I get a replacement bike, I am going to Sand Lake!! I am waaay pumped to hit the dunes still. I am thinking April sometime.

dirtmomma
03-06-2006, 09:18 AM
There is a group going to Moses the weekend of March 25th if your interested :)

I am also going to try to get a "clean up" ride together for Darrington, went there yesterday had a BLAST got lots of riding in :D but there was LOTS of garbage :( I plan on contacting DNR up there to let them know what we plan on doing hopefully they will appreciate that SOME riders like to clean stuff up :)
I will keep everyone posted!!

Jonas
03-06-2006, 10:37 AM
I tell ya one thing, as soon as I get a replacement bike, I am going to Sand Lake!! I am waaay pumped to hit the dunes still. I am thinking April sometime.

I can't remember if you said you have been to the OR dunes yet? If your making big plans for duning and you haven't been there yet, I would go down near North Bend, OR and camp at Horsefalls campground. It's a longer drive but you won't be disappointed. Good luck on finding your replacement quad.

peecout
03-06-2006, 12:50 PM
I can't remember if you said you have been to the OR dunes yet? If your making big plans for duning and you haven't been there yet, I would go down near North Bend, OR and camp at Horsefalls campground. It's a longer drive but you won't be disappointed. Good luck on finding your replacement quad.

Ya, I have been there before but it has been about 11 years. We also used to go down every summer and rent the first generation quads back in the 80's. The onlt time I went over to Sand Lake is when I was looking for my quads. We drove over there just for the hell of it looking for some HOT quads. It looked ok, would be nice for a day trip or something.

I know we will be planning a trip down to Winchester bay again shortly. I am going to invest in some huge locks and insurance first though.;)

I am going to go down to Portland on friday and will probably be picking up a 2001 400ex

Jonas
03-11-2006, 08:41 AM
Did you find an EX yet peec?

dirtmomma
03-11-2006, 09:00 AM
Got a ride set up for tomarrow 3-12-06 up @ Darrington!!! there will be about 10 locals attending :) having breakfast @ the local cafe @ 10am

Directions:
I-5 to Arlington/Darrington exit, follow hwy 530 up to the stop light, go left @ light, stay in right lane take FIRST right, thru Arlington, follow all the way to Darrington, the cafe is across the street from McDanials Hardware when you come into town, to get to the riding area, keep going till you come to the 4 way stop, go left @ stop, go to next road(Sauk Praire Rd) go right follow all the way out to the T, go left & follow this road all the way to the campground(there are signs) that's where we will be!! If your interested that is :D:D

peecout
03-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Did you find an EX yet peec?

Yep! I picked up a 2002 for only $2800.

I think I got a pretty good deal. It has a couple of extras and 2 sets of paddles so my girlfriend can use a set too.
I threw my girlfriends quad in the back of my truck. We left here about 8am Friday headed for Shelton to pick up another trailer. From there we drove down to Portland and bought the quad. Then cruised over to Sand Lake. We pulled in the parking lot about 8pm, unloaded our quads and rode for about an hour. Loaded back up and arrived back home at 3am. It kinda sucked getting up for work at 6am but it was worth it!! We rode in the dark on about 2 inches of snow covered dunes. Pretty slick stuff!. I never thought we would run into snow at Sand Lake, but it was a BLAST.
101 was a complete nightmare on the way home. It was like driving on a skating rink!! People wiped out all over the place. It got soooo bad, that we had to stop and put one of the quads in the back of my truck to get some weight over the rear wheels. Made for a long day but we made it!:o

EvilMaximus
03-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Wow...thats alot of driving...did u get your quad insured yet...hope so...Congraz on the new quad, sound like u got a good deal...

peecout
03-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Wow...thats alot of driving...did u get your quad insured yet...hope so...Congraz on the new quad, sound like u got a good deal...

Monday, trust me! I already called my insurance company and left a message about the trailer too!

Jonas
03-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Wow, someone had a serious riding bug. Glad everything went over ok.

Jonas
03-31-2006, 04:55 AM
Well, just wanted to make mention that the Reiter Trails Cleanup is May 7. Hope everyone is coming, we had alot of fun last year winching cars up out of the canyons. If anyone hasn't been to it definately go, it makes it that much more difficult to close that area down with 20+ years of documented cleaning to show for. Bring you quads, clean, ride, and chow at the barbecue after ofcourse!

dirtmomma
03-31-2006, 08:31 AM
Hmm thanks for the heads up, if we don't have a race we will try to be there!!! I would like to attend for once!!

peecout
03-31-2006, 09:16 AM
I will try and make it for sure! Do you think this will work ???

dirtmomma
03-31-2006, 09:54 AM
I will try and make it for sure! Do you think this will work ???

LOL I'm SKEERT :) I think those zippy ties may get in the way ;);)

Jonas
05-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Well, it looks like North Bend, Oregon Dunes for Memorial weekend. We will be staying near Horsefalls campground if anyone wants to meet up.

peecout
05-15-2006, 05:20 PM
You mean you actually were able to get reservations, or did you already have them?

EvilMaximus
05-15-2006, 05:48 PM
I be down at coos that weekend...went to sandlakes last weekend..was really nice there..we started riding at 8:30am and there was only 7 of us on the whole dunes..it was cool

peecout
05-16-2006, 12:03 AM
We are hittin Coos Bay on the 13th of July. Where are you staying?

Jonas
05-16-2006, 08:51 AM
You mean you actually were able to get reservations, or did you already have them?

A few people I know have two campsites reserved.

Floorit
07-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Hey there gang...

I did a search for washington riders and found this thread. BOY IS IT OLD !!!!.......lol I'd think that old/outdated threads would get cleaned up from time to time.

Anyways...my family and another family will be at Sand Lakes on the 14th.....anyone else heading down there?

peecout
07-05-2006, 10:28 AM
We were actually going to stop and ride on the way down. We are leaving on the 13th though and probably going to head straight to Florence, ride for a couple hours, then head to Winchester.

EvilMaximus
07-05-2006, 02:06 PM
ya me and bunch of my friends will be down at SL on the 14th....see ya on the dunes... :)

Floorit
07-06-2006, 06:36 PM
ya me and bunch of my friends will be down at SL on the 14th....see ya on the dunes... :)

Hey....we'll be there too. Myself, wife and 2 kids.

Our friends will be there with us with their kids also.

I'll be driving a Black Toyota Quad cab towing a Triton trailer

poweram100
07-10-2006, 12:33 AM
Next weekend, thats the 15th or 16 im gonna go riding up at Red Top. Its right after Cle Elum. There is a huge ORV riding area with marked trails. Last time i went i got rear ended by my buddy and bent my axle so that ended our ride early. From what we did ride there were some great trails. Anyone intrested in going? PM me if you wanna go.

Matt

peecout
07-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by poweram100
Next weekend, thats the 15th or 16 im gonna go riding up at Red Top. Its right after Cle Elum. There is a huge ORV riding area with marked trails. Last time i went i got rear ended by my buddy and bent my axle so that ended our ride early. From what we did ride there were some great trails. Anyone intrested in going? PM me if you wanna go.

Matt

Just got back yesterday from the sky meadows area. All I have to say is, be prepared for some serious dust!!

Jonas
07-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Would anyone be interested in planning a group trip down to Juniper Dunes near Pasco in September? I know the date is a little far out but a good turnout requires good planning. Also, I am going to Europe in August, so I won't be riding much from now till then.

peecout
08-17-2006, 07:04 AM
Have you been there before? I tried to look it up online. How does it compare to moses lake?

Jonas
08-17-2006, 09:24 AM
I haven't been there before but know a few who have been there. I am told the area is more fun to ride and the dunes are bigger than Moses. The issue with riding there has been that the main access to the dunes crosses private property. It has been closed off for a while now and I read a few months back that it has been reopened. But, now that I go to checking the current status online it looks to still be closed off. I guess we will have to go to Moses or Oregon if we want dunes.

Floorit
08-17-2006, 06:07 PM
I'm lookin ta go somewhere before the summer ends. Last weekend my son and I went to Tahuya [By Belfair] and stayed the weekend. We rode a lot of the trail system. Only thing I didn't like, was the dust. IT WAS BAD!!!

The trails were cool. LOTS of whoop de doos to keep you bouncin...lol.

We're planning a trip there again after the rain starts. From what I'm told, there's water everywhere in the winter.
Also...Tahuya is open all year long and managed by the DNR.

By the way... I did a search for the Junipr Dunes. I found the site, just that it appears that there's really not that much riding there now due to the closures.

IF anyone can figure a place to go.....I'm game. As long as it's not Sand Lakes. I've had my fill of that place for the year.

Floorit

peecout
08-17-2006, 10:23 PM
We were thinking about going to Moses Lake the weekend after Labor Day. Not set in stone yet, but is in the works.....

EvilMaximus
08-17-2006, 11:18 PM
wow floorit, want to go from a 300ex to a 450R....I just went from a 400ex to a 05 450r(cam,pipe) and wow big diff...the 450R are the way to fly, unlees u like working on your quad alot ,then id go for the banshee...Im more a kickit and go kinda guy...My buddy just for the Yam 450 and wants me to take him to the dunes next month...not sure which, since it will be his first time , might got to Sandlake, or maybe Winchester...

Jonas
08-19-2006, 10:49 AM
I am in for Moses for a day trip. I would go Sat night come back Sun night for me and maybe two others. The only issue now is that it is 90-100 there now. It should cool down a little by September though. I am also game for Oregon before the end of September.

GoldenGloves
08-21-2006, 07:58 PM
I live in Everett WA, and I was just curious if anyone is heading to Sand Lakes for the big weekend

dirtmomma
08-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Hey Powerram100 is the place you speak of by Cle Elum would that happen to be by the town of Liberty????? Just curious, my folks went camping up there this weeeknd & we took the car up to check it out as they said there were ORV trails, there were quite a few bikes quads & lots of jeeps :)

We are planning on going there for Labor Day weekend, it is dusty BUT WHERE ISN'T RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

Went up to Rieter yesterday for a couple hours it was pretty dusty too did find a little mud though!!

Golden Gloves welcome to the site :) where abouts in Everett are ya?? We are also in Everett between I-5 & Hwy 9 :)

GoldenGloves
08-22-2006, 04:06 AM
Thanks, I live off of Evergreen Way by the QFC

WQ_250
08-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Dm isn't Liberty over off of hwy 410, by Naches? A friend of ours told us that there is trails over in Cle ELum, not sure where exactly though, might be the place you are talking about. He said there is a mixture of jeep/quad trails.

Jonas
08-22-2006, 09:30 PM
I would consider going to Sand Lake for Labor Day. The only thing that was a little tough last time down there was that the cops are everywhere on Holiday weekends. I will have to talk to everyone and see what they think and I'll post here.

dirtmomma
08-23-2006, 07:53 PM
WQ, not sure maybe there is a Liberty by Nache's not sure BUT we DID go to a Liberty over the weekend ;):) This is probably the place they are talking about, it's just a few miles(14 or so) out of Cle Elum think it's off of 970 or something like that??? I'd have to look on the map.
I heard there were a TON of Jeeps on Memorial weekend so not sure about Labor Day!! BRING YOU JEEP ON UP GIRLIE!!!!!!!!! And your quad too OF COURSE :) Free camping, no fires but that's all good, & of course LOTS of beer :D

GoldenGloves
08-24-2006, 06:06 AM
I guess all 1200 of Sand Lakes dune tickets are sold out for the camp grounds, but I wonder if there is anyway to get around it

WQ_250
08-24-2006, 07:36 AM
My jeep is broken! :( We had a mud bog contest at my house back in June and i got drunk and got her out. Well i got alittle crazy with her and broke the transmission. :eek2: It goes into gear just won't move at all. Justin still hasn't had a chance to look at it.

Labor day it looks like i'm going to be at Washougal, watching my nephew race. He just got into it and loves it. He raced at hannegan the first weekend of August and placed 9th place out of 11 i think. He would of placed better but he stopped to help a kid that couldn't get his motorcycle started. LOL Crazy kid! He knows now that it's a race and it's not his job to help other kids. That is what the adults on the sidelines and workers up there are suppose to do.

Jonas
08-25-2006, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by GoldenGloves
I guess all 1200 of Sand Lakes dune tickets are sold out for the camp grounds, but I wonder if there is anyway to get around it

They sell a holiday pass for Labor Day weekend probably to pay the wages of the extras rangers they will have out there so they can write tickets. I would guess that any car in the camping area or dunes area would have to have this pass. Regardless, I called them and they said that the last day to buy the pass was yesterday and you needed to pick it up in person at the ranger station. What a bunch of fluff! The Florence area dunes would be a little easier to get into on Labor Day weekend but a longer drive ofcoarse. They have day camping down there that can't be reserved. I would also consider going somewhere the weekend after Labor Day just to miss the rush.

peecout
08-25-2006, 11:53 AM
And that is exactly why I had planned on going the day after Labor Day weekend:D Not to mention, the more people, the more accidents!! May just go to Belfair. Only if it rains though. I dont think it would be very fun with all the dust. Still leaning more toward Mosses Lake though....

Jonas
08-27-2006, 10:08 AM
I think I am going to try Moses Lake for Labor Day and the Oregon Dunes one or two weeks after. Anyone know if they are requiring a holiday pass for Moses? From what I heard they don't do that for Labor Day, just weekends like Memorial. I know it may be a little crowded but the night riding should be fun. People usually meet up out at the flats where the lake has subsided and race at night. Would anyone want to just step up and go to Moses Labor Day and then we can plan a less crowded trip soon there after?

EvilMaximus
08-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Ya speaking of dust, went riding up in Capital forest (Rockcandy) and it was very dusty...Had a good time but will not be going back untill it rains....

peecout
08-27-2006, 09:02 PM
[i]Would anyone want to just step up and go to Moses Labor Day and then we can plan a less crowded trip soon there after? [/B]

I will be working Labor Day weekend but I am for going to Moses the following weekend!

Jonas
08-29-2006, 08:08 PM
Alright, I'm in.

peecout
08-29-2006, 10:40 PM
My brother has a lot in Cle Elum so we might camp there Friday after work. Then just drive over Saturday morning and ride. More than welcome to camp there too. Has power, water and a outhouse.

Jonas
08-30-2006, 07:48 AM
Hopefully you can ride there Sunday as well. I would probably have to go Saturday night and ride on Sunday.

dangerranger21
08-30-2006, 01:33 PM
So anyone know of any upcomming poker runs?

Aceman
08-30-2006, 05:09 PM
Where do you live? This is the only one I found.

http://www.trailsmen.org/last.htm

dangerranger21
08-30-2006, 08:17 PM
I live in Grays Harbor County, I hear somthing about the SHelton ORV being closed down?! They usually had cool poker runs

Aceman
08-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Here's some more

http://www.nmaoffroad.org/eventcalendarprp.shtml

peecout
08-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Hopefully you can ride there Sunday as well. I would probably have to go Saturday night and ride on Sunday.

that might work, then just drive straight back Sunday evening:D

Jonas
08-31-2006, 08:48 PM
Ok, the weekend of the 9th and 10th at Moses. Sounds like I may have a few of my riding buddies in also. Anyone else interested??

Aceman
09-05-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm interested. I would be by myself if I can make it. Are you guys riding Sat and Sun? I've never been to Moses, I've heard it's kind of rocky and sandy. I don't know if I should bring paddles?

Jonas
09-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Try and make it Ace. It's definately not the Oregon Dunes but you'll have good company there. Moses has a gravel area but not much for big rocks. Bring your paddles if you want, I will. You can also ride with knobbies because the sand is more coarse and packed than say Florence. Your sand paddles won't get hurt. I will definately be there at least Sat night and Sun, but I'll try and get Saturday off and go Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon.

peecout
09-06-2006, 01:36 AM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed about going to Moses. We found out some bad health news about my girlfriend. She is gonna see doc tomorrow about getting treatment and then decide if she is still up for going. I am still planing on it but it is up in the air. I'll let ya know:confused:

Aceman
09-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Let me know which day would be better, Sat or Sun. I can make a day trip but I'll be by myself so I want to make sure I've got somebody to ride with. Plus I've never rode up there.:p Are they sticklers for spark arrestors? I've got some mesh in my pipe if they stick a rod/wire up it but it's definitely not USFS approved.

Jonas
09-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Sorry to hear the news Peecout. Hopefully everything goes well and we can still see you guys out there. If the time doesn't seem right, I want to plan a Oregon trip in later September so maybe we can meet up there.

The plan for me is to leave Everett on Saturday morning and arrive at the dunes about 11-12 am on Saturday. We will head back on Sunday afternoon at probably 4pm or so. So far the weather forecast looks perfect, in the 70's. I am in a black '98 4-runner with a flat bed trailer. Also, have a black Honda trx450 with black hand guards. Let me know who's going by Friday night and when you will be there and I can put some baloons up on the back of my car or something so you can more easily find where we are parked.

Ace, you shouldn't have much for problems there. It's not as well traveled by rangers as Oregon. See you there!

Aceman
09-10-2006, 08:07 PM
I tried my best to make it Jonas but my babysitters very close friend found out she had cancer Thursday morning and needed immediate surgery.:( Post the next time you'll be over this way and I'll try again to meet up.:) So how was Moses?

peecout
09-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Sorry to hear the news Peecout. Hopefully everything goes well and we can still see you guys out there. If the time doesn't seem right, I want to plan a Oregon trip in later September so maybe we can meet up there.

The plan for me is to leave Everett on Saturday morning and arrive at the dunes about 11-12 am on Saturday. We will head back on Sunday afternoon at probably 4pm or so. So far the weather forecast looks perfect, in the 70's. I am in a black '98 4-runner with a flat bed trailer. Also, have a black Honda trx450 with black hand guards. Let me know who's going by Friday night and when you will be there and I can put some baloons up on the back of my car or something so you can more easily find where we are parked.

Sorry we couldnt make it!! It was alot of news for her to deal with so we kicked back this weekend.
If you are talking about Sand Lake, I would be down. She just has another doc appt. I the 22nd or so. You'll have to let me know. I still have the paddles on from the last Oregon trip.

Jonas
09-11-2006, 09:14 AM
Well, the weekend at Moses was lots of good fun. We had only three guys show up total but everyone seems to be going at a good speed (one 400ex, two 450r's) There wasn't alot of waiting with our group, just throttle. I can say that this is a great time of year to go to Moses because the Potholes are open for riding and the water is low (open July 1st to Oct 1st). Riding the potholes was the highlight of the weekend. Man we burned up some gas down there. I changed from my sand paddle the first day to motocross knobbies the second day down at the potholes. Much more fun down there with knobbies. The sand is damp and packed along the shoreline and we were just carving corners around the shoreline for hours. You are carving corners out there along the shore and out alot a spit. Then get out to a place where the spit comes to a point out in the water and just pull a 180 and off we went 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear wide open. So much fun. With the water receded, small sand "islands" are exposed. At first we were crossing some small water crossings (10-20 feet across) from one sand island to another slowly and then by the end of the day we were just skimming across them at third gear wide open. I would say that we can plan a trip to Moses every September. There is good riding there up until the end of September when the Potholes close and the temp is not usually too high, is was about 75 this weekend. Sorry, you guys couldn't make it but it looks like you had more important things to tend to for sure. See you at the next ride!

Aceman
09-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Damn, I wish I could of made it. Glad to see you guys had fun though!:cool: Sounds like you guys were my type of riders also, a nice faster paced ride with not a lot of dinking around. I'd like to think the old R could keep up.:p

cbrnadt
10-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Hey guys/ maybe girls too?

Is anybody up for a Thanksgiving run down to the Oregon dunes?

We went to Florence a month or so back and we can't wait to go again. We are north of Bellingham, WA so there are not many local places to ride.

Later

Aceman
10-07-2006, 03:07 PM
I might be. I've never been to the dunes yet, but I've been itchin to try it. You should introduce yourself on www.nwquadriders.com or www.sandlakeduners.com a lot of those guys hit the Oregon dunes.

dirtmomma
10-07-2006, 08:33 PM
WElcome aboard cbrnadt :)

I know there is a group from PSAR(Puget Sound Area Riders) going to Coos on Thanksgiving, wishing we could but got other obligations :ermm: Here's a LINK (http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm?catid=27&threadid=353711) to get to them!! We are local riders, North, South, West & East :cool:

Do you ride @ Walker Valley @ all?? We've been there once, we mostly ride around Darrington & go to Rieter once in awhile. In fact think we are heading up to Darrington tomarrow :cool: I hope anyway I'm dyin' to ride!!!!!!!!!

Well once again Welcome :)

Jonas
10-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Keep us in touch here on your plans, I may be in.

Mechanixx
10-21-2006, 05:59 AM
Im from olympia and ride with friends at capitol forest if interested in meeting up to ride pm me.We ride out of weddell creek orv park they have a killer hill climb over there except when all the gun toting morons are shooting at the rocks MORONS !!! My name is kris by the way :devil:

Jonas
10-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Anyone interested flinging some sand at the Oregon Dunes for Thanksgiving, I'm getting an itch.

peecout
11-16-2006, 10:45 PM
OK, we are officially in for Oregon. We are going to head south right after we eat dinner on Thanksgiving. Just booked a Kabin at KOA in Coos Bay!! More Kabins available, who's in?

Jonas
11-20-2006, 02:27 PM
What's a cabin run and how many beds?

peecout
11-21-2006, 12:59 PM
They are like a studio I think. I havent stayed in one yet but my brother has. Some have 1 bed and some have bunk beds. I am just looking for a bed and heat, so I will be fine. They are like $59 per night with a 2 night minimum. Here is the link.
http://www.oregonduneskoa.com/kampgroundinfo.html

Jonas
11-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Those cabins don't look too bad. I think that I'll have to try one this winter. We should start to plan ahead on some trips in the future so I can tell the wife ahead of time a couple weeks/months and we can get a good group together. How about I post my riding plans in my sig and I can add yours and others riding plans in there when posted on the thread and we can establish a kind of schedule of events. I would think that this would make it easier for us to get together and ride. I definately need to ride more often. Now that I have two young kids I will have to make plans a litte ways ahead of time though. Have fun and give us a report.

peecout
11-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Those cabins don't look too bad. I think that I'll have to try one this winter. We should start to plan ahead on some trips in the future so I can tell the wife ahead of time a couple weeks/months and we can get a good group together. How about I post my riding plans in my sig and I can add yours and others riding plans in there when posted on the thread and we can establish a kind of schedule of events. I would think that this would make it easier for us to get together and ride. I definately need to ride more often. Now that I have two young kids I will have to make plans a litte ways ahead of time though. Have fun and give us a report. '
That sounds like a pretty good idea! I like the schedule. Not sure about the Dec. 29th trip but I'm sure I will be in for Pres. Weekend. It would be nice to come across all my stuff that was stolen this year. *******S!
On a brighter note, the Kabins were great! I brought a little space heater also, so it was about 85 in there. Basically a bed. bunkbeds, small table, coat rack, and a chair. Pretty cozy though. The weather was good. It rained Friday, then we packed up and drove to Winchester for a Saturday ride. It was sunny all day so we rode about 6 hours!! Had to make the best of it. The dunes changed quite a bit since summer which was kinda nice too. I'll try to get some pics.

peecout
11-26-2006, 08:40 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/88dropcab/CoosBay010.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/88dropcab/CoosBay006.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/88dropcab/CoosBay031.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/88dropcab/CoosBay009.jpg

maggiesboy
11-27-2006, 11:41 AM
TractorPacker and I were in Coos this weekend. We stayed in spot #13 with the Tri-Z250 chained to the trailer. We had a great time.

peecout
11-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by maggiesboy
TractorPacker and I were in Coos this weekend. We stayed in spot #13 with the Tri-Z250 chained to the trailer. We had a great time.
Really, at KOA? We were in site #70(kabin)

maggiesboy
11-27-2006, 09:02 PM
we stayed at horsefall site 13, sorry

peecout
11-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by maggiesboy
we stayed at horsefall site 13, sorry
Oh well, we rode down there anyway!

Jonas
11-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Hey Peecout, thanks for the pics and review. If it was me, I think I would frame that picture of those funny looking dunes with the sand paddle tracks. I just posted a few bigger trips that I have planned and if you have any trips let me know and I can post them their also. I seem to be attracted to the dunes in the winter because the weather is usually a little warmer on the coast and it's more difficult to get rained out. Last minute weekend trips are cool as well, but it seems like it's more difficult to get people to show up unless you plan ahead.

peecout
12-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Ya,I really liked that pic too. I actually set it as my desktop background.
I was thinking of doing New Years down there also, that would be fun. Not sure if I can make that one though. Where are you staying?
As far as Sand lake goes...where do you stay? Tent, trailer, or..? I think thats why Coos Bay was so nice, because we stayed in the cabin with heat. I dont know how the weather is down there in February, but I was thinking more in the line of Winchester for Presidents weekend. It is still a ways away though.

Jonas
12-07-2006, 07:57 AM
I would like to see if one of those cabins are still available. I will check today. That sounds like a pretty good deal for someone that doesn't want to pack down a big trailer and what not. Try and see if you can make it down again for New Years. I always tend to favor the Coos Bay area because there is so much terrain to cover and we have found some great trails up in the northern section of Coos that are addicting. I would consider riding at a couple areas down there on the same weekend. I have gone to Sand Lake for Presidents because alot of people from our area go down there on the same weekend and it is a little closer.

cbrnadt
12-07-2006, 10:05 AM
I had the same idea, But it looks like the Kabins are booked up for Dec 31. Anybody looked at the Horsfall sites?

Chris

Jonas
12-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Looks like we are just going to stay at Horsefall campground. We will arrive late on Friday night the 29th. We are going weather permitting. If the forecast is for three straight days of hard rain then it will be tough. I have been lucky the last few times I have went there for New Years. It was 55-60 which felt like 70 for this time of year. I rode a good part of the trip with just a jersey on top. It is usually about ten degrees warmer down there during this time of year. I sure hope some of you will go.