PDA

View Full Version : Fox 300ex FLOAT AirShox Suspension Kits

kd5sfq
11-18-2005, 11:37 AM
Has anyone tried these shocks? I'm wondering how well they work and if they can hold up to a motocross track.

XCAdam89
11-18-2005, 02:18 PM
They should work great for MX, after all Natalie uses them. I think they are pretty expensive though, if your on a budget, look into some elka econos.

Cody_300ex
11-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by XCAdam89
They should work great for MX, after all Natalie uses them. I think they are pretty expensive though, if your on a budget, look into some elka econos.

You wont be getting the same ones as nataile tho. His are evols and there have still yet to be realesed to the public for purchase. Only ones they have right now are the standard ones.

PeasOnMyHead
11-19-2005, 09:56 AM
thats a dumb question if they wernt good natalie wouldnt have ran them also all the pros have super awesome shocks made for them and dialed in soo good so everything the cosumer buys is different. doug Gust runs elka but there not really elka they are axis valving anf axis internals

bradley300
11-19-2005, 02:05 PM
WRONG! team suzuki's shocks are valved by Noleen. there probably even elka parts, just re done by noleen

PeasOnMyHead
11-19-2005, 04:55 PM
ok they are axis inerds and Dunk told Mike at rausch this

Cody_300ex
11-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by PeasOnMyHead
ok they are axis inerds and Dunk told Mike at rausch this

Please quit putting words in peoples mouths. I highly doubt axis internals would even fit or work in elka shocks. MY best guess would be if there not elka internals they are custom made by Noleen.

Ripitupfilms
11-29-2005, 03:33 PM
Please quit putting words in peoples mouths. )))) nope your wrong they are axis internals ask Mike he told me too

hondardr4life
11-29-2005, 05:55 PM
You mean they are actually making the evol float shocks for the 300ex??? That really suprises me if it is true.

kd5sfq
11-30-2005, 06:29 AM
There seems to be some confusion about my question.

Fox makes several styles of shocks.

They make a Float shock and a Float X EVOL that Natalie ran. The EVOL is only available for a YFZ450 or a TRX450 while the Float series is for lots of quads including a 300ex and a 400ex.

I know the EVOL shocks are awesome… My question is about the Float series shocks..

fandl450r
11-30-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
Please quit putting words in peoples mouths. )))) nope your wrong they are axis internals ask Mike he told me too

Yup, axis internals.

Ripitupfilms
11-30-2005, 04:46 PM
thank you dumb kids these days trying to act big on the internet

ZeroLogic
11-30-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
thank you dumb kids these days trying to act big on the internet

dude your a kid to your what 16, 17?:rolleyes:

Ripitupfilms
11-30-2005, 04:56 PM
(((thank you dumb kids these days trying to act big on the internet))) read what i just posted .. hmmm my point exactly no one said i wasnt a kid i said dumb kids these dayss

FMFTRX250r
12-01-2005, 06:48 PM
actually guys since you guys know so much about suspension...elka actually makes the bodies for Axis and TCS suspension.....Axis and TCS buy the shocks without valving or springs from Elka and then assembles then to the customers specs...so yes it is possible to run elka's with Axis valving...

and i doubt we will ever be able to get the same exact shocks that Natalie runs...remember he has a long travel front end on the 450R...with fox doesnt offer the 19.5 inch shock to the public......

Cody_300ex
12-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by FMFTRX250r
actually guys since you guys know so much about suspension...elka actually makes the bodies for Axis and TCS suspension.....Axis and TCS buy the shocks without valving or springs from Elka and then assembles then to the customers specs...so yes it is possible to run elka's with Axis valving...

and i doubt we will ever be able to get the same exact shocks that Natalie runs...remember he has a long travel front end on the 450R...with fox doesnt offer the 19.5 inch shock to the public......

I have a VERY hard time believing that. Axis is owned by penske racing, they make shocks for formula 1, nascar, sportbikes, sprints, late models, ect the list goes on. So why would they buy bodies of a company that has FAR less experince than them? As far as I know axis was making ATV shocks before elka, and again the same question comes up, why use bodies of a shock that has far less experince. JMO

Ripitupfilms
12-01-2005, 08:23 PM
it makes sense to me if they dont have time to make the atv shock bodies they just subcontract out to elka and get them to make the springs and bodies. Who knows though this thread has been dead a while ago