PDA

View Full Version : Grounded till Christmas

Rootar
11-18-2005, 08:17 AM
Well i guess i really did it this time... i was failing my AP Art History class and my teacher called my parents (which is what she is supposed to do) so along with this and our phone company being gay we dotn have the internet anymore at our house, which sucks because i actually did alot of school work on the internet, but along with that i cant watch TV, ride my fourwheeler, look at my fourwheeler, even think about getting my new one till im ungrounded, my room was striped of all magazines, no music, no skateboarding, no doing anything after school.......... basically i can go to school and to work and come home and thats it. the only reason i can still drive is becuase of my job, and theyre gonna make me quit my job if i cant bring my grade up in that class to a B so all i got to say is dont slack up in any of your classes if you parnets are like mine, i had slacked up a little in that class and then i got behind so thats why i have a bad grade, i dunno im really bummed that i cant go get my new fourwheeler (that im paying for) well i guess ill have stragiht A+s this nine weeks cause thats all im allowed to do is homework and chores

on top of this they are going on vaction over thanksgiving (four wheeler riding like we do every year) and im gonna be staying at my grandpaws, next door, :ermm: its gonna be a llllloooonnnnnggggg time till christmas or it will be for me..

can anyone think of anything i can do in my spare time because my homework seriously doesnt take me long at all i had jsut slacked off alil bit, well i guess since im grounded from eveythign i can paly with my dog and teach my brothers puppy some new stuff,,,,,, can anyone think of anythign im not grounded from .... o yea and my dad took the face plate off my radio in my truck so yea..

i can still check the site every day in this class (east lab) becuase i always finish my work before everyone :ermm:

Rico
11-18-2005, 08:19 AM
LMFAO

I suggest you study more in your spare time....:macho

250rAL
11-18-2005, 08:37 AM
Congrats for being so mature about it. I expected to read adolescent whining...

derekhonda
11-18-2005, 08:43 AM
man your parents are hardcore....taking the faceplate off the radio....gimme a break.

If you were planning on getting another fourwheeler and making payments on it (sounded like you were) get a head start on saving money. I would pick up a double shift at your work. I would just eat, study, work, and sleep for about a month and if you keep yourself busy the time will fly by.

WOracing
11-18-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
man your parents are hardcore....taking the faceplate off the radio....gimme a break.

If you were planning on getting another fourwheeler and making payments on it (sounded like you were) get a head start on saving money. I would pick up a double shift at your work. I would just eat, study, work, and sleep for about a month and if you keep yourself busy the time will fly by.

thats exactly what i was thinking. just keep yourself busy and dont think of it as being grounded. if you keep at yourself like "man this sucks i cant do anything because im grounded" will just make it worse and longer.

jwick07
11-18-2005, 08:57 AM
Wow great post for a change by a kid that has been punished by their parents.

Take up drawing. I started sketching tat ideas, there are a lot of shops in my town and you can sell the good ones to the shops some times to make a little extra $$

Just an idea

Rootar
11-18-2005, 11:29 AM
(im in another class now)

yea i know i deserve to be punished for being slacking up so its my fault but i think it would have been worse to go pick up my new 450r on saturady liek we were supposed and then have to watch it sit there till after christmas.....that would have been torture! and as for work ive already been working 30 hours a week and thats why i started to slack a lil bit because id go to bed at night before id do all my home work. but now i guess with no distractions ill have it all done easy.......as for drawing i do and im also not allowed to draw....

and yes ill be making payments on the 450 ive been saving money for the past couple months and ive got enough to get nerfs and little stuff that i need for it when i buy it and then ill just be making payments with the money i would be saving,,,,,, yea i know how to manage my money,,,,,,,, but seriously my big problem with not doing my homework was getting on the internet. i think if they just would have taken the internet and stuff out of my room away it would have been enough because its dark when i get home during the week anyway. but yea its alright i understand the reason im grounded

popo
11-18-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Rico
LMFAO

I suggest you study more in your spare time....:macho

Listen to you.....cruel ole bastich

No beer,sex, or hunting for you until Christmas. Now what you gonna do???

maynard22
11-18-2005, 11:54 AM
That sucks for you man, but I give your parents props for stepping up and doing what they've done. If more parents were like that, this world would not have so many whiny, disrespectful, spoiled brats!

hondarider2500
11-18-2005, 12:40 PM
i think its a little harsh because its not like you got an f on a report card. they should have let you try to bring the grade up before report cards came out to ground you.

NacsMXer
11-18-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2500
i think its a little harsh because its not like you got an f on a report card. they should have let you try to bring the grade up before report cards came out to ground you.

I agree, that's extremely harsh IMO. It's friggin art history, I know that's going to prevent you from getting into a good college for sure, might as well give up now :rolleyes: I agree with them that you should be disciplined to remember your mistakes but that's just a little over the top for me.

Good luck toughing it out bro :)

APK400exRacer
11-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by popo
Listen to you.....cruel ole bastich

No sex

Hey popo............i see you forgot, hes married now man. Sex is now out of the question anyways. :eek2: :devil: :blah:

11-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
I agree, that's extremely harsh IMO. It's friggin art history, I know that's going to prevent you from getting into a good college for sure, might as well give up now :rolleyes: I agree with them that you should be disciplined to remember your mistakes but that's just a little over the top for me.

Good luck toughing it out bro :)

That's just it, they want to make a point and good for them. The message being school first everything else second. Doesn't matter what class it is the point is your letting your grades drop, and they care enough to let you know that's unacceptable. I commend them for that. That's how I was brought up, if I got a C in any class I was grounded till next report card! I used to hate it but now I look back and I am thankful 100%. You seem to be mature and responsible, just bring your grades back up and keep them there, trust me IT WILL PAY OFF! Hang in there.

11-18-2005, 01:45 PM
The comment about that not affecting your acceptance to a college.... is wrong. If you want to go to any ivy league school they look back as far as 6th grade. School should be #1 , unless you want to ride lawnmowers for the rest of your life.

NacsMXer
11-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
The comment about that not affecting your acceptance to a college.... is wrong. If you want to go to any ivy league school they look back as far as 6th grade. School should be #1 , unless you want to ride lawnmowers for the rest of your life.

Yes, but not everyone goes to or can afford to go to an Ivy league school. Even if he failed the class (which he hasn't yet) he would just retake it in summer school. I highly doubt you won't be accepted to a school because you retook art history for a better grade. There's many other reputable schools out there that won't reject you because you got a C in English in the 7th grade.

I go to Marquette University which is rated among the best private universities in the nation by U.S. News and the Princeton Review. It's not as recognizable as the Ivy league schools but is still a highly regarded private school. I got in with a 3.6 cumulative and a 28 ACT and those are not exactly perfect but decent. I still got into a good school as a biomedical sciences major so one class isn't going to haunt you for the rest of your life. Most schools assess overall performance, GPA, and ACT/SAT scores as their admission criteria. A F can be replaced, the world isn't going to end.

A completely different story is the way someone's parents sees things as well as one's personal goals in life, and that is none of my business. I was simply stating my opinion that it was a bit harsh ;)

Dupontster
11-18-2005, 03:02 PM
I understand why they are upset about you getting an F but they shouldnt of takin every little thing from you! Your parents are either very very strict or there is more to this story.

future 450?
11-18-2005, 04:10 PM
its worse 4 me i got a 39/40 on a test nd they said to do better nd dont slack off in class

sly400ex
11-18-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 250rAL
Congrats for being so mature about it. I expected to read adolescent whining...

Same thing as I was thinking, you should be proud of yourself for being mature about it. Don't worry, Christmas will be here before you know and you will have your new quad!:)

redlineranger
11-18-2005, 07:48 PM
i would understand if it was a very important class like a core class(math or english or suptin like that) but Art??,.... thats harsh imo, but ur parents have done all this to make u step your game up and get the grades up... and like every1 else said keep yourself busy, dont think of it as this grounded period is never gonna end or it will last forever it seems like

ZeroLogic
11-18-2005, 09:22 PM
work out a lot and become buff and scary as hell get a other job for your spare time if you can study a lot do your work clean your room!!!

blasta17
11-18-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by jwick07
Wow great post for a change by a kid that has been punished by their parents.

Take up drawing. I started sketching tat ideas, there are a lot of shops in my town and you can sell the good ones to the shops some times to make a little extra $$

Just an idea his parents probably snapped all his pencils:D lol but that really sucks, and yeah, ur parents are going a little overboard i think

G Impala 63n70
11-19-2005, 06:16 AM
Give it 2-3 weeks of being good and not messing up and showing improvement, have teacher maybe give a early progress report to show you are improving greatly,

But other than that, after a while, the faceplate will pop back on the radio, the tv will slowly be able to be watched, the internt will be allowed for "5 minutes" and so on and so forth...Get what im sayin?

400exc
11-19-2005, 06:31 AM
yea im in the same position you are in right now, my parents dont accept c or lowerr, so all a's and b's for me, solast quater i got 4 c's, with 2 of them being 1 or 2 points away from a b, so if i get another c on my grade card, its ovcer for me until the next card come out

11-19-2005, 07:25 AM
I have an F in a class weve only had 2 assignments in so far.. im not allowed to do anything n im not allowed to have my crutches all weekend! i have a broken leg!!!!!!!

11-19-2005, 10:19 AM
haha.. i got grounded for 2 months for getting drunk w/ my buddies at a party... i only get like a 1 day w/out internet for a F throughout a week... but ya thats really strict of them,, as for ur spare time get familar w/ ur dominant hand:D ,,,,,j/k

JDiablo
11-19-2005, 10:23 AM
Catch up on your sleep :macho

Rootar
11-21-2005, 08:16 AM
ok yea there isnt much else to the story but now my mom is taking it TO FAR! this saturday i had to go to texarkana with my parents (they wouldnt leave me at home :ermm: ) and well my mom brought up me buying my new fourwheeler after i got ungrounded. Well she took this grounded thing toooo far because she started saying all this junk about how i dont need a new fourwheeler becasue itd be faster and id tear it up jumping it over my ramp. AND then my brohter started in on how he didnt want my 416 anyways :huh (i cant keep the little basturd off it long enough to ride it my self) and now all of the sudden he doestn want to get a 10x better fourwheeler than waht he has for FREE while i pay for mine all over agian:confused: . so now "theyve" meaning my mom has decided that i cant buy a new fourwheeler...........BUT i can finish my 416 (shocks, frame gusseted, etc...) Theyre final reasoning was that if i wrecked my fourwheeler and tore it up bad i wouldnt be out a brand new quad. i mean after i "finish" my 416 ill have more money in it than a new 450?

so i dunno what to say im still in awe that my DAD gave in to this crap. but as of wednesday im allowed to tear mine down and send the frame, subframe, swing arm, and hubs off the be PC'd and have the frame gussted and have the 250 grab bar mod done, and ill be ordering TCS triple rate fronts, fully adj. with remote rezzies, and a TCS dual rate fully adj. rear with reomote rezzy, ill be odering me a prm chassis skid to protect the new paint, and a PRM 250r grab bar, and SS brake lines front and back, thats what i told my dad i needed to finish and he said thats fine and that he pay for it all and id pay him back like id be paying payments on a new quad:ermm: oh well at least ill have a pretty nice 416

sorry if it sounded like i was whineing im cool with being grounded but to keep me from buying a new 450 just doestn seem right to me:(

exboy
11-21-2005, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by redlineranger
i would understand if it was a very important class like a core class(math or english or suptin like that) but Art??,.... thats harsh imo, but ur parents have done all this to make u step your game up and get the grades up... and like every1 else said keep yourself busy, dont think of it as this grounded period is never gonna end or it will last forever it seems like

i agree. but they must really be tryin to get the point across that ur grades come b4 everything no matter what class it is.

Lgnrider424
11-21-2005, 09:37 AM
wow if my rents were that harsh id freak the **** out real quick.

Yo Nacs my sis goes to Marquette university but i live in marquette mi

Rootar
11-21-2005, 11:21 AM
ok this is the thing we havent even got our mid nine weeks slips yet so i dont have any bad grades on my report card jsut right now i have a D and its going to be a C tomorrow I understand completely that my grade are most important right now and all my grades (had all As and 3 Bs now i have all As and my art history) have went up since last report cards and ill bet 100 dollars that my Art history grade will be higher than an 82 this nine weeks

im fine with being grounded but to keep me from buying a quad that im paying for completely by my self doesnt make alot of sense to me. but if they dont change their mind by wednesday im tearing it down and it looks like Pappy will be getting my frame and stuff and ill order my shocks wednesday from TCS

hardkoratvmxr
11-21-2005, 04:38 PM
well if you get your liscense taken away i am in the same boat probably. I have to go to court 12/12 to see what my fate is and i am only 16. so dont speed. that is all i have to say. and yes everything has to go. so i can afford other things that means no fourwheeler probably sold, no car, no job, no money, no life.

414exredneck
11-22-2005, 03:03 PM
man, I feel sorry for this guy. I barely know how it feels. first, my parents are happy if I just pass school (never have been and never will be good @ it), but, I know how it feels to get the quad taken away, but, usually I can do extra work for my dad and they'll be a little easier on the punishment.

bluebaron
11-22-2005, 03:33 PM
i have been ground for the last 2 months, but i guess that's what happens when you get in a police chase in a vehicle