PDA

View Full Version : Banshees need jetting advice lol

Mxjunkie
11-17-2005, 07:07 PM
my cousins banshee is about as bad as mine is lately..

His has a k&n filter, fmf fattys, powercore 2 silencers, boyseen reeds, and I belive thats it. Lid is on the airbox. snorkle removed and fmf boost bottle

I live in PA, its really cold around here at the moment, mid 30's, it had 260 mains in it but it wouldnt idle or anything..

we put 250 mains in it and put the clip in the center position, bogged down pretty bad in the low end, leaned it out with the clip it hit the top still did it.

we put 240 mains in it, tryed center, still did the lowend thing, went all the way to the top once again, it still does it.

It idles pretty fast too, before it wouldnt idle at all and smoked like a train.

to explain to low end hesitation, say your riding it, it wont do anything till about mid it just bogs down and doesnt go anywhere.

Do I have to move on to a 230 main?

the plugs come out black they are getting better though, getting the vanilla chocolate color to them. between my 409 and his mine has ruined 8 sets of plugs, his is on 4 so far..

Any help would be great me and him are pulling our hair out trying to get our bikes right!

Mxjunkie
11-17-2005, 08:24 PM
Bump :(

tater_kamik
11-18-2005, 08:22 AM
it honestly sounds like you are going in the correct direction, may want to play with the a/f screw to see if it helps but i think you are doing the right thing!

punker69q
11-19-2005, 02:23 PM
When it gets colder = bigger jets. As the air gets colder it increase it's density, so you need more fuel. Of course, this is only if it was running right when it was hot.

icecold_shee
11-19-2005, 11:06 PM
come on now, ur on a honda site, goto bansheehq.com
theyll hook u up

Mxjunkie
11-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by icecold_shee
come on now, ur on a honda site, goto bansheehq.com
theyll hook u up

that site is like worthless I never get anwers there..

400exrules
11-20-2005, 10:16 PM
try planetsand.com