PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have a klx/drz 110?

300exr
11-17-2005, 07:04 PM
Well i was j/w, i think im going to try and convince my parents to help me out with getting one. Are they better than 50's?

11-17-2005, 07:07 PM
There 10x better and more practical then 50s. They are taller, more then 2x more powerfull. All you really need to make it great for a big kid is a big bar kit, maybe tall foam and a pipe. Then if you're jumping alot you should get a heavier duty footpeg bracket and larger pegs. It would take thousands to get a 50 as good as a klz/drz is stock.

NacsMXer
11-17-2005, 07:50 PM
I have a KLX and it's awesome. I'm soo glad I didn't go the 50 route. Was only $1500 OTD too, not too bad. I added springs front and rear which helped quite a bit over the stock soft ones. Other than that it is stock, but still awesome fun for messing around wherever. I like the stock pipe on it, it's pretty darn quiet and stealthy. It has hella top end for its size too, it really surprised me but it does at least 50 in 3rd. It's like overdrive lol. I may add some bars later but so far I like it how it is and plan to keep it all stock.

11-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
I have a KLX and it's awesome. I'm soo glad I didn't go the 50 route. Was only $1500 OTD too, not too bad. I added springs front and rear which helped quite a bit over the stock soft ones. Other than that it is stock, but still awesome fun for messing around wherever. I like the stock pipe on it, it's pretty darn quiet and stealthy. It has hella top end for its size too, it really surprised me but it does at least 50 in 3rd. It's like overdrive lol. I may add some bars later but so far I like it how it is and plan to keep it all stock. HAHA a stock klx doing 50. Thats a good one.

NacsMXer
11-17-2005, 09:15 PM
Well it feels pretty darn close to 50 by the seat of the pants o meter. Doesn't accelerate the fastest, but once it gets humming on the top end it rips pretty hard for such a small bike. I raced my buddy's 50 which does around 30 and I just keep on accelerating in 3rd after he topped out. Could be the larger wheels but still has a very strong top end speed :o