PDA

View Full Version : Computer Question

J_bob_28
11-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Alright i have limewire and i have a bunch of videos downloaded like some quad ones and what not....i use to be able to view them in real player and now it views everything in windows media player and i cant view some videos. i was wondering how i can switch it back to make real player the default player or something. and when i used to search when i viewed in real player i got a lot more results and it made things a lot easier.

any help is appreciated

zeppelin
11-17-2005, 07:04 PM
right click on one of the files, properties, and choose open with then select real player, you may have to do this with ever file type though to make them all open with real

J_bob_28
11-17-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
right click on one of the files, properties, and choose open with then select real player, you may have to do this with ever file type though to make them all open with real

ya ive tried the open with but that is not an option in limewire...i could probably open the file after i open real player....but i want real player to be my default player so when i search for videos i get .mpg and .avi videos and so i can view them in real player cuz some of them wont work in windows media player

J_bob_28
11-17-2005, 07:53 PM
anybody else got any ideas:confused:

jakes699
11-17-2005, 08:01 PM
yes go to tools in real player then preferences, then go to content media types and check all those types... then if it dont work after tht then go to windows media then too tools options , then too formats and uncheck all those boxes and if none of tht works tell me... if u just want to play videos in real player then just uncheck the video format on wmp, then check it on real player

i hope tht wasnt too confusing lol

J_bob_28
11-17-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by jakes699
yes go to tools in real player then preferences, then go to content media types and check all those types... then if it dont work after tht then go to windows media then too tools options , then too formats and uncheck all those boxes and if none of tht works tell me... if u just want to play videos in real player then just uncheck the video format on wmp, then check it on real player

i hope tht wasnt too confusing lol

yes this works...thanks for ur time and help on my problems