PDA

View Full Version : Fly aluminum bars

inacoma91
09-25-2001, 11:24 AM
Just wondering if anybody had these?? What kind of quality are they and what they could be compared to. Marcums has them for 37 dollars. Seems reasonable to me. If you have them did you like them and etc etc etc

Thanks
Andrew

09-25-2001, 11:45 AM
Don't know much about them (fly-bars) but I can say when it comes to handle bars you get what you pay for. Some bars bend real easy,,I use FMF 909's and they've held up pretty good, Rolled my bike over this weekend landed upside down,,bars held up great..

inacoma91
09-25-2001, 11:49 AM
I am afraid if i get some nice bars that i am going to eventually bend the steering stem. Well.......................I guess i could get a nice lonestar stem???

Andrew

09-25-2001, 11:53 AM
well I think factory stems aren't but like 50 bucks,,but yeah a new antivibe stem would be sweet also,,,I'll be going with a houser stem,,,good quality and cheaper than most other companies,,,Powder coated red ta match the other stufff,,,,sweeeet..:D

inacoma91
09-25-2001, 11:57 AM
Your always getting the good stuff!!!!!!:D Give me some time............the ol 400 will be looking good. For what little time i have had my quad i guess there is a few mods........

Andrew

MARCUMS ATV
09-27-2001, 07:33 PM
Just a note about the fly bars. These are made from the same material as the Renthals, FMF, Tag and about any other aluminum bars I can think of. I took a long look at the Fly products. Some of them arent up to my standards. Thats the one thing I can say about my shop and my site. I sell stuff that works as advertised and is the best value for the money. I can have pretty much what ever I want on my bike and I like the Fly bars. I have not had any Fly bars bend. They are very good quality. If anyone does not think so I will be happy to refund their 37 bucks and sell them the 65 dollar renthals.

Thanks to you all,

Terry

riz400
09-27-2001, 08:12 PM
You just can't beat them for the price. I had the aluminum FLY bars for about a year and liked them. The only reason I switched to Renthals was for the style of the bend. The FLY's seem to be a little taller and narrower than your average ATV bend. It all depends on what feels comfortable on your bike. Great bars at a great price!

kat400ex
09-27-2001, 08:35 PM
i have seen the flys and they look sweet real similiar to renthal i didnt get to hold them up to each other but they looked good.....if i ever bend mine thats why i will get........if you dont like the bar cover put a different one on there......goodluck

inacoma91
09-27-2001, 09:05 PM
I went to the fly website and they look like they put out good products. So I think i will be happy with my purchase!

sprt400ex
09-27-2001, 09:24 PM
i have them, there really great and have been holding up perfect.