PDA

View Full Version : who else owns an SRT-4??

brandon34r
11-17-2005, 05:00 PM
heres mine...2004 metallic silver srt-4

18" msr wheels black with polished lip
225/35/18 essenzas
K&N CAI
turbosmart manual boost controller
clear corners
ventshades color matched along with mirrors
plasmaglow 7 color LED underbodies
pioneer premier headunit
JL audio 10w7 with JL high output wedge box
JL audio 500/1 amp
tsunami 4 farad power cap
voodoo 0 gauge power and ground wire
optima yellow top battery
Rockford fosgate fanatic P 1" tweets with 150/2 amp
kenwood 6x9's with 250/2 rockford amp
sirius satellite radio
17" spintek spinners p/c'ed trans. red for shows(their for sale)

brandon34r
11-17-2005, 05:02 PM
without spinners

gun32boarder
11-17-2005, 05:29 PM
I hope you are not serious with the spinners. Other then the fach that it is a neon, good start. I would drop it next.

whiteflash
11-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by gun32boarder
I hope you are not serious with the spinners. Other then the fach that it is a neon, good start. I would drop it next.

ya, i dont know about those spinners. My friend had one, just traded it for an 06' WRX wagon. But those srt's are fast, they just dont get traction:(

brandon34r
11-17-2005, 05:50 PM
yeah tell me about it,mad amount of torque steer too.my best time was a 14.2 at 102 and i spun like hell,but i traded the spinners for my old rocford system,they take up less room on my pool table,ha
i had them on my car for a week and then took em off,they look awesome when you look at it going down the road from the side.....but stick out way too much

brandon34r
11-17-2005, 05:52 PM
yeah and i need to drop it,but with all the other stuff i have to throw money into,plus the payments on the srt.....its kinda hard to do anything to it

Dale512
11-17-2005, 06:01 PM
I got a Blue 04, where you from in PA?

Those Spinners are just wrong man.

4punksdad
11-17-2005, 06:23 PM
I got spinners...............mine spin everytime I hit the gas.

those SRT-4's deserve respect. I got to drive them at www.srttrackexperience.com

I recommend the class to everyone.

brandon34r
11-17-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm from herndon which is about 15 minutes away from sunbury,and 40 minutes north of harrisburg

brandon34r
11-17-2005, 06:25 PM
yeah,the spinners look better in person,but i did take them off for a reason....
I love saying,"but it's just a neon,right?" after i smoked a 94 mustang gt,and all the other cars that think they can hang with me..hahaha:devil:

Dale512
11-17-2005, 07:06 PM
Punks, you got the Ram SRT-10 correct? My Uncle has one and its real nice.

I would really like to see a Dakota SRT-8 with the 5.7-Liter Hemi, maybe with AWD, that would be pretty tight and would probably sell alot better than the Ram.

4punksdad
11-17-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Dale512
Punks, you got the Ram SRT-10 correct? My Uncle has one and its real nice.

I would really like to see a Dakota SRT-8 with the 5.7-Liter Hemi, maybe with AWD, that would be pretty tight and would probably sell alot better than the Ram.

they already made the dakota R/T 5.9 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,very fast truck. I am sure they will bring it back as an srt-8. I recently got a survey from dodge asking about my thoughts for an srt-8 truck.

the srt-8 chrysler 300's are very fast. 6.1 L

Dale512
11-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Yeah, my old mans waiting for his Charger SRT-8 to come in...they said sometime in January....he ordered it a few weeks ago...The Charger is supposed to be alittle quicker than the 300C...but man are those 300's nice, ecspecially with the AWD.

Yeah my buddy when I was in High School had the 5.9 R/T with pretty much everything imaginable done to it....it was very, very fast to say the least.

I personally think those Grand Cheerokee SRT-8's are gonna be pretty Badarse too.

Plante400
11-17-2005, 07:59 PM
srt-10 hell yes., f those srt-4 things

Schooled 416
11-17-2005, 08:09 PM
neon + cheap turbo + cheap intercooler = every other male teenager wanting one.

Chef
11-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by brandon34r
yeah,the spinners look better in person,but i did take them off for a reason....
I love saying,"but it's just a neon,right?" after i smoked a 94 mustang gt,and all the other cars that think they can hang with me..hahaha:devil:

If I saw any kind of Neon, SRT-4 or not, driving around with those spinners, I would just laugh, drop it down a gear, and leave it where it was.

Smokin 440
11-18-2005, 12:43 AM
I'm not really a fan of srt-4's, they are decent but they are on the heavy side for a compact, so they aren't as fast as they should be, they handle OK, but there are definately better handling cars. I've only driven a stage 2 and just was not impressed for all the guy was talkin it up. One srt- that gets me wet though, is the srt-6, i havent driven one but there is something about crossfires to me, if i had to choose a chysler that would be it, but the price tag is kinda hefty.

brandon34r
11-18-2005, 04:22 AM
i dont care if people call it a neon or justa neon with a turbo..they beat all the other damn expensive cars...and with the 21k sticker ya cant go wrong since they haul ***

Butters
11-18-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by brandon34r
i dont care if people call it a neon or justa neon with a turbo..they beat all the other damn expensive cars...and with the 21k sticker ya cant go wrong since they haul ***

its all in what you want. i mean for the price, its hard to beat them, but i would rather have a cobalt ss. i think if they redesigned the srt-4 a little bit they could make it a very nice car.

4punksdad
11-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Butters
its all in what you want. i mean for the price, its hard to beat them, but i would rather have a cobalt ss. i think if they redesigned the srt-4 a little bit they could make it a very nice car.

the srt-4 will not be re-designed..........its discontinued I believe. They may be collectible some day.

4punksdad
11-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Smokin 440
I'm not really a fan of srt-4's, they are decent but they are on the heavy side for a compact, so they aren't as fast as they should be, they handle OK, but there are definately better handling cars. I've only driven a stage 2 and just was not impressed for all the guy was talkin it up. One srt- that gets me wet though, is the srt-6, i havent driven one but there is something about crossfires to me, if i had to choose a chysler that would be it, but the price tag is kinda hefty.

I have driven the srt-6 on a track. They handle like a go-cart with sticky tape tires. The problem is, they only come with an automatic.

brandon34r
11-18-2005, 11:40 AM
yeah like i said before,mine is a 2004,and it only has 7k on it.I'm trying to keep the miles off for some reason maybe down the road sinmce they dont make em anymore,they might be collectable

Butters
11-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
the srt-4 will not be re-designed..........its discontinued I believe. They may be collectible some day.

yeah i had heard they were being discontinued, i just didn't know if it was for sure, cause they are still on their website. i think it is pretty stupid of dodge, cause it was a good priced car, and lots of people were buying them. i wonder what dodge has up their sleeve, or if they are just trying to promote the charger or something.

NacsMXer
11-18-2005, 01:09 PM
They are fast but have chincy construction just like any other Chrysler product. I remember when I rode along in a test drive of an SRT-4 with my buddy who was looking at one for grins to see what all the hubbub was about . The salesman drove it first, decided to show us its power and took off from a dead stop. Mad amounts of wheel hop but once he shifted into 2nd, the shift knob ripped right off! It wasn't even threaded on, more like glued on or something and the car was brand spankin new:rolleyes: We could sense the salesman's embarrasment. Yeah that's good ole Chrysler quality for ya right there :o Man, we had a good laugh walking out of that dealership.

The car is probably the best out there for speed to money ratio though if speed is all you care about

Butters
11-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
They are fast but have chincy construction just like any other Chrysler product. I remember when I rode along in a test drive of an SRT-4 with my buddy who was looking at one for grins to see what all the hubbub was about . The salesman drove it first, decided to show us its power and took off from a dead stop. Mad amounts of wheel hop but once he shifted into 2nd, the shift knob ripped right off! It wasn't even threaded on, more like glued on or something and the car was brand spankin new:rolleyes: We could sense the salesman's embarrasment. Yeah that's good ole Chrysler quality for ya right there :o Man, we had a good laugh walking out of that dealership.

The car is probably the best out there for speed to money ratio though if speed is all you care about

oh i bet that was funny, i really agree with your last statement. i can only imagine what that salesmen was thinking.

syckNtwisted121
11-18-2005, 02:26 PM
an srt-4 neon, how cute, I bet your girlfriend wants to drive it all the time doesnt she LOL I have a friend who works at a dodge dealership, he says they cant keep those things out of the shop !! I really hope your got the extended warranty.

RaptorRacer45
11-18-2005, 02:29 PM
The Neon in general has been discontinued, the Dodge Caliber is takin place of it for 2006 im pretty sure, my dad owns a Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep dealership so i kinda get the insde scoop n this stuff :D

Butters
11-18-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
The Neon in general has been discontinued, the Dodge Caliber is takin place of it for 2006 im pretty sure, my dad owns a Dodge, Chrusler, Jeep dealership so i kinda get the insde scoop n this stuff :D

yeah after reading this thread i decided to go look up a neon forum, and read about the caliber. anyone have and pics or other info on it?? i'm always curious about new vehicles.

brandon34r
11-18-2005, 03:57 PM
aww yeah i'd let my girlfriend drive it,its a neon,so who cares.I dont have the cash on hand to buy something like an rx-8 or wrx.

As far as the shift knob...it did it too me and the first time i was scared,plus i lost the race since it stuck in neutral,but they just have a locking clip thinger on it and all you ned to fix that is to get a short throw shifter

Dale512
11-18-2005, 04:03 PM
Warranty doesn't mean much to somebody that runs 11.11@129mph in a Neon. Not much left factory to warranty on that setup. Not gonna argue with anybody, if you don't like it then that's cool.

gun32boarder
11-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Warranty doesn't mean much to somebody that runs 11.11@129mph in a Neon. Not much left factory to warranty on that setup. Not gonna argue with anybody, if you don't like it then that's cool.

Where did this come from?? Sure you can make it run 11s even 10s but i could could get a mini van to run 11s. O yea i believe with the "mopar mods" you can get the 4 to run very close and still have a warintee.

Dale512
11-18-2005, 07:36 PM
Warranty don't apply to the Mopar Stage kits although some dealerships are cool about them.

Truthfully I dunno where that little ramble came from, I think somebody had something to say about buying extended warranty and what I was trying to get at was that when ur pushing the limits of the car you don't need the warranty.

FHKracingZ
11-18-2005, 08:55 PM
our new toy

Butters
11-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
our new toy

thats a badas$ srt-4......wait a minute....

FHKracingZ
11-18-2005, 08:58 PM
lol , 2006 Corvette Z06 , 505hp :D bring the vipers on.

Butters
11-18-2005, 09:07 PM
lol , 2006 Corvette Z06 , 505hp :D bring the vipers on.

no need to mess with vipers. for god sakes vipers have 2 more cylinders and like cost 20k more. what the hell dodge.

Dale512
11-19-2005, 08:31 AM
Yep, the new Z06's are awesome, as are the Vipers.

4punksdad
11-19-2005, 12:39 PM
Yep, the new Z06's are awesome, as are the Vipers.

BUT, can they haul a 4-wheeler?:D

trx400exxracer
11-19-2005, 12:46 PM
has anyone seen the new camaro yet I thought they were thfough with those

http://www.coloradocamaroclub.org/Graphics_files/07_Camaro.jpg

NacsMXer
11-19-2005, 02:18 PM
our new toy

OOO AAA...sick toy ya got there! :devil: The new ZO6 is the best thing that happened to Chevrolet in a long, long time. You're a lucky guy. Have fun with that and stay safe :)

Scro
11-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
has anyone seen the new camaro yet I thought they were thfough with those

http://www.coloradocamaroclub.org/Graphics_files/07_Camaro.jpg

Looks like a photoshop to me

trx400exxracer
11-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by bama450r

its not I think they are coming out with it in2007 or something like that

I have seen live pics

Butters
11-19-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by bama450r

yeah i am pretty sure all the pics of the "new" camaros that are out are chopped or designed with some sort of program.

Chef
11-19-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
its not I think they are coming out with it in2007 or something like that

I have seen live pics

No you havent, thats not a real car. Those pictures have been around for a couple years now.