PDA

View Full Version : 06 Honda trx 90 information

Arctic Cat Dad
11-17-2005, 04:57 PM
We have been looking at the new trx 90. We need to get the littleman a quad that has a shifter. It's time for him to learn when and shift up and down. Has any1 bought the new 06. If so how do you like it. Any more power in stock form? Any info will be greatly app.

ROBBSRACING
11-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Theres no change in power or suspension on the 06. Unfortunatley all they did was add the E start and new plastic!

trX250eXmXr28
11-17-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by ROBBSRACING
Theres no change in power or suspension on the 06. Unfortunatley all they did was add the E start and new plastic!

EHHHHHHHHHH RONG!!!

they changed the springs on the suspension to make it better for the lil guys.. i had a whole post up on here bout everything new on the 06 90

ROBBSRACING
11-17-2005, 09:11 PM
Ive got 6 of them sitting in my shop rite now. If youd like to come down and show me what is different from the 3 05s they are sitting next to feel free. Like a said no changes except e start and plastic. Yeah i know Honda claims new softer suspension, come show me !

212racing
11-17-2005, 10:57 PM
hey robb

send one over here and have dan-o check it out and we'll report back to you

what do you think about the starter, is it big enough to keep
pulling over a built 125

Arctic Cat Dad
11-18-2005, 07:00 PM
I do like the Honda. I like the 2 stroke power better. But a kid needs to learn to shift. And I feel the sooner the better.I also like the location of the airbox ,better then the 2 stroke's. This quad will will built for the 07 GNCC limited class. You can't change the location of the airbox in this class. I feel with a good rider a 4 stroke can win races. Plus I like the 4 stroke tuffness over a 2 stroke. Thanks for the replys.

Pappy
11-22-2005, 05:43 AM
I went thru an 06 saturday. i saw no changes to the suspension and could be provided no information from the dealer that stated the shocks were improved. same old stock shocks.

i did not have one of our 90's along, but it appeared to me that a few changes may have been made to the frame, but i couldnt be positive. the new fenders allow more of the main frame tube to be seen so that could be what had me thinking that.

estart has been working great according to the dealer feedback, and i even spoke with his head mechanic to confiem no issues this early in its release. my main concern is that the wiring and battery are going to get beat to death even with aftermarket shocks, i hope they hold up.

TRX90.....old school but still taking what ever your kid can give it:macho

Arctic Cat Dad
11-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Pappy, I know Honda makes great stuff. I just need to get Michael on a shifter and there isn't much to choose from. I know for sure that a Yammy is out of the question.Plus he wants a quad like Borich's ride. I think he can win races with it also.

Pappy
11-22-2005, 08:09 PM
haha, do you remember codys first race on the trx? lmao he did good but made almost every mistake one could make shifting:p

Arctic Cat Dad
11-22-2005, 08:27 PM
Yea I remember that race. He still did good. But I will say the kid has come a LONG way from the first time I met you guys.

I think Cody has got the shifting down pat now.:D I want to get Bam Bam shifting so he will be ready for next year. I wanted to move him up to the 90cc limited class for next yr's Nationals but they said he's only 7 and to young for the 90 class.

Pappy
11-22-2005, 08:32 PM
well, back to back championships are a good thing!:D

Arctic Cat Dad
11-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Yea they are. But I don't think the dads and the kids are gonna like seeing him pull up to the 70 production line.:devil: But they make up the rules.He wants to start front row so he don't have to pass so many riders to get up front. Plus he said he wants the chance to win the overall. I like his thinking tho!:cool:

ridesdirt
11-23-2005, 06:58 AM
I noticed the rear brake pedal now goes over the foot peg instead of under it. I have not had a problem with the lever getting hit. But I do see that as an improvement. And the electric start makes me want to trade for a new one. Maybe the kid just needs to get stronger.