PDA

View Full Version : need help with this fast

FreeStylerEx
11-17-2005, 10:28 AM
i have the 2006 450er and i took the baffle out the stock pipe..and now its backfiring a little. its faster but she tends to bog a little..do i have to buy a jet kit? or can i adjust the screw on the carb or what? im not a carb person

Moto92
11-17-2005, 10:33 AM
there is no rejetting required when taking out the baffle

homer
11-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Give it alittle more fuel on the bottom by adjusting the fuel screw. I think it is a fuel screw on the 06, I haven't looked at one up close. There should be a little adjustment screw on the carb. If it is on the motor side of the slide then it is a fuel screw and you should back it out to richen up. If it is on the airbox side of the carb slide then it is an air screw and it should be turned in to richen up. IF you bottom out the air screw or back the fuel screw out past about 3.5 turns then you need to go up on the pilot jet.

Hope this helps alittle.

KRMit
11-17-2005, 12:44 PM
The fuel screw is located directly underneath the front of the carb. It's really hard to get to and unless you have a special tool you have to pull the float bowl off to adjust it. You can try screwing it out in 1/2 turn increments and see if that helps. You may need to also go up on your main jet though.