PDA

View Full Version : Women's Gear

stace609
11-16-2005, 11:52 PM
I' getting some new gear and a helmet soon and would like some opinions.

I'm thinking either Thor of Fox but I can't decide. Any thoughts?

QuadJunkies
11-17-2005, 12:13 AM
Fox has some cool gear this year!

11-17-2005, 05:27 AM
i just bought my wife the thor phase jersey in the neopolitan color for her birthday...the pants and gloves will be for christmas...this was her 2nd choice sort of...she like the new fox appearal...until she saw the stupid ***** stars on them...those broke the deal

QuadJunkies
11-17-2005, 09:41 AM
I think it was MXR that has some cool pink gear this year also.

I need gear too this year but havent decided what I want. I REALLY wanted something all black with maybe a little purple or Orange but these isnt much gear ,if ANY that is black this year :confused:

stace609
11-17-2005, 09:48 AM
I've always liked Fox and I like their pink gear and their blue/black gear but when you look at it in person, doesn't it seem like the Thor is a little higher quality? Like the material and the padding on the pants, etc?

11-17-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I think it was MXR that has some cool pink gear this year also.

I need gear too this year but havent decided what I want. I REALLY wanted something all black with maybe a little purple or Orange but these isnt much gear ,if ANY that is black this year :confused: Heres the NO Fear, they have a black/gold set
http://www.btosports.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000007/NF_06ElektronPnt-x-9.jpg

11-17-2005, 09:53 AM
Fox Womens
http://www.btosports.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000007/Fox_06GirlsHC-180-DirtpawCo.jpg

11-17-2005, 09:54 AM
MSR

http://www.btosports.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/MSR_05RG2X_Pants-x-3.jpg

11-17-2005, 09:54 AM
Answer

http://www.btosports.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000007/Answer_06Ion_Girls_Pant.jpg

11-17-2005, 09:55 AM
http://www.btosports.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000007/Answer_06Ion_Girls_Jersey.jpg

11-17-2005, 09:55 AM
Thor

http://www.btosports.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/Thor_05PhaseWomenGearx2sets%20copy.jpg

11-17-2005, 09:56 AM
http://www.btosports.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000007/THR_06Women-GirlPhaseGear-x.jpg

11-17-2005, 09:58 AM
And heres the 05 No fear, you can get it for cheap from www.motosport.com

http://www.btosports.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/nofearelectonpant.jpg

QuadJunkies
11-17-2005, 10:01 AM
thanks for posting all those!:)

The black would be alright if they didnt put Gold.. YUK... lol

Heck, even some black with a little bit of white( I still dont understand white you would where white gear on dirt...lol) Theres cool gear this year but ALOT of FUGLY gear this year too IMO.:huh

11-17-2005, 10:18 AM
http://www.damzl.com/

that girl that died at Glamis October 29th had some riding gear made for girls called Damzl check it out

its supposed to be made for women like their different shapes and all so its not just mens gear with a pink or blue color to it

"I loved riding with Holly. She was just great. But October 28, 2005 we went back to Glamis for a very another special purpose. Holly and her sister Heather had started a line of women’s riding apparel called DAMZL. Together, Holly and Heather identified a need in the in the off-road motor cycle industry that was very personal to them. Despite the fact that they were tough enough to ride with the best of us, they are also beautiful women and have a strong sense of fashion and taste. They resented the fact that for more than 30 years, they had to dress in riding clothing designed by men - for men. And from their experience they knew that they could design clothing specifically designed for the woman rider. Clothing with more color and far more practical for women."

SAD sad story

http://www.americansandassociation.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19109&highlight=

QuadJunkies
11-17-2005, 10:55 AM
That was VERY sad to read :( God Bless

400grl
11-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Tina - I have you covered, girl!! Check out FLY's new 2006 208 gear - black/white/with a little hot pink in there - plus their gear is REALLY good stuff.......I've loved mine!!!! :)

www.flyracing.com

QuadJunkies
11-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
Tina - I have you covered, girl!! Check out FLY's new 2006 208 gear - black/white/with a little hot pink in there - plus their gear is REALLY good stuff.......I've loved mine!!!! :)

www.flyracing.com Does it come in any other color besides that grey/white color??
FLY is local so the shops sell ALOT of there gear, Ill check it out!:)

400grl
11-17-2005, 12:30 PM
Yeah, they have mostly black with a little white and hot pink in it!!!! My gear is all white, from 2005....that's cool, too. But I really like the black/white/pink stuff.....and I don't really even like pink! LOL!!!

QuadJunkies
11-17-2005, 12:35 PM
hmmmm... I guess Im blind cause I didnt see it!! :o :p

I like some of the pinks they have out now, but I went with a dif. color scheme so pink will not look right

Ive NEVER been a pink fan... But Im diggin some of the pinks Ive seen this year!:cool:

QuadJunkies
11-18-2005, 12:53 PM
well, after a long debate, I went with the Fly Gear and got the Black/grey colors. I als ordered one set for my kids for Christmas. I am thinking about getting them the A.R.C Helmets that have the quads on the sides of the helmet also. Hopefully the gear fits right!

11-18-2005, 12:55 PM
well, after a long debate, I went with the Fly Gear and got the Black/grey colors. I als ordered one set for my kids for Christmas. I am thinking about getting them the A.R.C Helmets that have the quads on the sides of the helmet also. Hopefully the gear fits right! Just a warning, A.R.C helmets are pretty crappy. I would deffinatley invest in a good helmet.

QuadJunkies
11-18-2005, 12:56 PM
this brought up a topic with a freind of mine and I this morning....

I cant remember which mag it was, maybe DW but there was an article about womens gear. Well, they had like office girls doing the fit and finish of the gear...
What I wanna know is, when are these Dumbazzes going to do a little write up on TRUE RIDERS who comments on how it fits, feels, do they rub,do they bind.how the stiching.... NOT

"WEll, its soooooo stylish..." BLAH BLAH.....:rolleyes:

Gear should look good, but feel even BETTER and most important!

QuadJunkies
11-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
Just a warning, A.R.C helmets are pretty crappy. I would deffinatley invest in a good helmet. really?? Well, I want my kids safe for sure but I wont spend big dollars on a helmet they will out grow again this year .

They have Oneal ones now

400grl
11-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Mine have HJC's, but I have to get a new one for my son - he's outgrowing his......I will be in the same boat - looking for a cheaper helmet without sacrificing safety!

Hope you like your new gear - I'm sure you will love it!!! :)

QuadJunkies
11-18-2005, 01:10 PM
Mine have HJC's, but I have to get a new one for my son - he's outgrowing his......I will be in the same boat - looking for a cheaper helmet without sacrificing safety!

Hope you like your new gear - I'm sure you will love it!!! :) Does your kids like there HJC's?? I HATE mine, it is the worst fitting helmet I have EVER worn..:ermm: lol

they grow soo fast... Kelsey grew so fast this year she SKIPPED a size!:eek2: :(

Brandon too, but its all in his Belly :o :p

tater_kamik
11-18-2005, 01:10 PM
i think it was dirt wheels that did an article on womens riding gear, i didnt read it since im not planning on having to buy any womens clothing any time soon... but it may be an interesting read?

11-18-2005, 01:12 PM
really?? Well, I want my kids safe for sure but I wont spend big dollars on a helmet they will out grow again this year .

They have Oneal ones now Yea, they have a rather poor crash test rating. I have a Shoei Fonseca replica now, which was $540, and I know thats not practical to spend on someone with a growing head. But... I would try to find a good helmet for your little ones because your head is one thing that isn't replacable. You can always sell your helmets on ebay when you're done with them, too.

QuadJunkies
11-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
i think it was dirt wheels that did an article on womens riding gear, i didnt read it since im not planning on having to buy any womens clothing any time soon... but it may be an interesting read? lol. No it was pretty boring actually... Most people have eyes and can see somewhat what the gear looks like... I want an unbias opinion on how it feels and durablility...

Corry, I elect YOU ...I think you need to write DW and tell them YOU will do this ! :blah: lol

QuadJunkies
11-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Yea, they have a rather poor crash test rating. I have a Shoei Fonseca replica now, which was $540, and I know thats not practical to spend on someone with a growing head. But... I would try to find a good helmet for your little ones because your head is one thing that isn't replacable. You can always sell your helmets on ebay when you're done with them, too.

The ones we have now are full of Autograpghs so those helmets are keepsakes;)thats good to know, they looked cool !! Ill keep looking

11-18-2005, 01:14 PM
A common thought is that all the helmets that are Snell and D.O.T certified are the same, you're just paying for the brand. Not true. Snell requires that in order for a helmet to pass their saftey test, they cannot transfer over 300 G's to your head in a certain impact test. The cheaper helmets usually pass at about 290-295. Great ,huh? No, not when you find out that the higher end helmets mostly pass at 160-165.

11-18-2005, 01:16 PM
I did quite a bit of research on this when I was shopping for helmets. I posted alot of information in a thread about helmets we had about a month ago. I will try and dig it up.

tater_kamik
11-18-2005, 02:15 PM
lol. No it was pretty boring actually... Most people have eyes and can see somewhat what the gear looks like... I want an unbias opinion on how it feels and durablility...

Corry, I elect YOU ...I think you need to write DW and tell them YOU will do this ! :blah: lol

so all the article was pretty much about was how they looked? thats pretty lame. :ermm: i would have hoped that they would have had women testers of different shapes and sizes to see how it felt, how durable, etc. obviously women have different requirements for fit so what would fit good on a guy, a women may hate. oh well. i have been checking out rocky mountain atv, i like the way when i change what color i want, it shows that jersey etc in the color i chose, kind of a nice feature to help choose next years riding gear:cool:

tater_kamik
11-18-2005, 02:17 PM
A common thought is that all the helmets that are Snell and D.O.T certified are the same, you're just paying for the brand. Not true. Snell requires that in order for a helmet to pass their saftey test, they cannot transfer over 300 G's to your head in a certain impact test. The cheaper helmets usually pass at about 290-295. Great ,huh? No, not when you find out that the higher end helmets mostly pass at 160-165.

that was a good thread, a lot of good info. i have always liked the more expensive arai and shoei helmets anyways, but never knew about the harder shell vs softer shell. definately good info to look into!

400grl
11-18-2005, 02:34 PM
I should write something like that - maybe I will have to get busy on something like that soon!! :) I agree - hard to tell about ANY gear until you actually go try a bunch of it on - sucks to waste money on gear that you can't stand after a couple of rides!!!

AtvMxRider
11-18-2005, 04:49 PM
really?? Well, I want my kids safe for sure but I wont spend big dollars on a helmet they will out grow again this year .

They have Oneal ones now

Tina don't buy them a cheap helmet. You can get a very good and safe helmet for under $100 for kids. Thor makes an awesome helmet.

QuadJunkies
11-18-2005, 11:40 PM
I should write something like that - maybe I will have to get busy on something like that soon!! :) I agree - hard to tell about ANY gear until you actually go try a bunch of it on - sucks to waste money on gear that you can't stand after a couple of rides!!!

I think you should! We need someone who rides aggresively who can give a good review on gear, I think they should do more reviews and include riders of a few differnt sizes as well, same for the Chest protectors. I can GUARENTEE you... The maufactuers will get a better idea what women want/need to suit different riders figures!
Womens selection is getting ALOT better, but have ALOT further to go .....;)

reichart90
11-19-2005, 06:29 AM
heres some chick riding gear for ya
www.girlyz.com

its says the tops are "riding jerseys"
and the bottoms are "riding pants"

i think they're hot lol

reichart90
11-19-2005, 06:31 AM
more

reichart90
11-19-2005, 06:32 AM
and finally

QuadJunkies
11-19-2005, 08:36 AM
that was very nice of you to post but I wouldnt be caught dead in that gear!! :p LOL

I cant think of ANYONE who would race in one of those shirts! :eek2:

And besides.......... Im too old to wear stuff like that :(

Well I got my Fly gear and I must say the quality of the gear is VERY nice!! It fits ALOT dif than my shift gear did and its VERY short waisted that I didnt like .Thats where alot of the mens gear fits me weird . Im gonna try one other size and see it it fits better but if not, then I guess Ill try Fox next

I also got this gear for my kids and the sizing is so far off from what they wear. I went up ONE size and this gear compared to THOR is like 4 sizes BIGGER!:eek: NO JOKE!

AtvMxRider
11-19-2005, 08:43 AM

And besides.......... Im too old to wear stuff like that :(

bullchit!!!!

QuadJunkies
11-19-2005, 08:45 AM
lol!!!

those Camo pants are OK, but this is not my idea of riding gear ;)

reichart90
11-19-2005, 09:06 AM
my girl there on the left wears the black top and the leopard print pants to go ridin

lol

reichart90
11-19-2005, 09:07 AM
she rides a trx90

QuadJunkies
11-19-2005, 09:17 AM
WOW... now thats what I call BIG BONED! :eek2: :huh

AtvMxRider
11-19-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by reichart90
she rides a trx990

Yeah I believe it:eek2: .

11-19-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by reichart90
my girl there on the left wears the black top and the leopard print pants to go ridin

lol Jeeze, I would think someone that tall would have some control over their weight:huh

reichart90
11-21-2005, 08:14 PM
i was just on www.alpinestar.com
theres some nice female gear on there

Plante400
11-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Thats a Hudge b****

11-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Plante400
Thats a Hudge b****

cough*bahemith

QuadJunkies
11-21-2005, 11:25 PM
I tried my new FLY gear this wk end and Ill tell ya, for fitting on a comfort level it could use some improvement :ermm: behind the knees its a ribbed material and it rubbed BOTH my legs raw by the end of the night! :( A freind of mine told me his same pants done the same thing and he had to buy Skins to wear under his gear .They need to put a lining in there so you arent getting friction burn...

400grl
11-22-2005, 10:08 AM
Really??? I'm sorry Tina - that sucks!!! My 2005 stuff has a liner and it doesn't rub anywhere........my Thor stuff hurts me, so I never wear it......it rubs where the fabric is sewn together........

QuadJunkies
11-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Really??? I'm sorry Tina - that sucks!!! My 2005 stuff has a liner and it doesn't rub anywhere........my Thor stuff hurts me, so I never wear it......it rubs where the fabric is sewn together........ I had a small patch on my Shift pants that done thaton the knees... But my shift was WAY more comfortable than the FLY is ... I guess this is how we find out whats good and whats chit! :p

dirtmomma
11-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Haha it's funny you ask this ? :) I just got done getting some MORE riding gear for DJ & Trevor from RMATV they have some GOOD deals right now in thier clearance section!! I FINALLY found lil man over the boot pants :) they say they are waterproof too thats a PLUS for him :), I got DJ the new Torq pants/jersey, am getting him the helmet too but need to measure his melon 1st, thier helmets are DOT & Snell approved, right now he has an HJC but of course after he got it last year the 1st time out w/ it he wiped out so this time I'm throwing it on the ground right away LOL :)

I wear the FOX gear it is now a ocuple years old, the light purple NO it doesn't have the stupid designs(I don't like that), it is VERY comfortable on me!! I also have THOR over the boot pants, not too impressed w/ them in the summer as they are black but like em for the winter, they have the gators that go over your boot 1st so they help alot to keep water out!! I CAN NEVER find gear to fit me I have a very short waist & AM VERY SHORT LOL so ti's tough. I would like to try the FOX Dakota pants but Ron says i don't need anymore LOL ;)

Check out RMATV!!

AtvMxRider
11-22-2005, 12:53 PM
I tried my new FLY gear this wk end and Ill tell ya, for fitting on a comfort level it could use some improvement :ermm: behind the knees its a ribbed material and it rubbed BOTH my legs raw by the end of the night! :( A freind of mine told me his same pants done the same thing and he had to buy Skins to wear under his gear .They need to put a lining in there so you arent getting friction burn...

Do you wear knee pads or braces?

wilkin250r
11-22-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Do you wear knee pads or braces?

Yeah, but not while she's riding. :devil:

AtvMxRider
11-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Yeah, but not while she's riding. :devil:

LMFAO :devil:

reichart90
11-22-2005, 01:45 PM
oh man thats just so wrong

but just so funny

400grl
11-22-2005, 02:21 PM
LMFAO :devil:

:eek2: :eek2: ..........:chinese: ...........ARE YOU ALLOWED TO POST THAT??? lol!!!! That's the best smilie ever!!!

AtvMxRider
11-22-2005, 02:55 PM
:eek2: :eek2: ..........:chinese: ...........ARE YOU ALLOWED TO POST THAT??? lol!!!! That's the best smilie ever!!!

Like that huh baby??????;) :devil:

dirtmomma
11-22-2005, 06:25 PM
OMG ROFLMFAO :D :blah: thats funny stuff :)

As fro the knee pads I get bruises on the inside of my knees if I DONT' wear them:eek: :eek: ;) when I'm riding that is haha

QuadJunkies
11-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Yeah, but not while she's riding. :devil: ROFL!!!!

I dont need pads anymore...

I wore callusses on my knees :eek: :o :p :devil:

QuadJunkies
11-22-2005, 11:56 PM
and no- I dont wear braces but I prol should!

I actually thought about one at least for my neck,its taken a few good crunches this past year :ermm:

86350x
11-23-2005, 01:22 AM
Panties and a helmet, some boots and gloves is all you need.

QuadJunkies
11-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by 86350x
Panties and a helmet, some boots and gloves is all you need. :eek: Its 25 DEGREES or less when we race ...!! BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

400grl
11-23-2005, 11:23 AM
I'm sure some would say "that's even better!" - LOL!!!!

AtvMxRider
11-23-2005, 01:03 PM
:eek: Its 25 DEGREES or less when we race ...!! BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Well if it is dark your headlights will be on.....Bright:devil:

QuadJunkies
11-23-2005, 01:11 PM
HAHAHAHAHA..... !!!:devil:

Allen
11-23-2005, 01:39 PM
www.ridegear.com has some of the cheapest gear I have found....hope this helps

AtvMxRider
11-24-2005, 07:12 PM

11-24-2005, 08:49 PM
I was sponsored by Alloy last year and their gear was really nice. My knee braces did wear through 2 out of the 5 pairs of pants after a season, though. But those were the real CTI2 braces, not your standard kneepads, and I was racing/riding 5 days a week. I would check out Alloy and No Fear, good stuff. I have some Alloy gear from last season if anyones interested. Size 34 mens pants and medium jersey. more like 32 pants, though if you wear a kidney belt like me, . IDK how that relates to womens sizing though. Well, my ramble is over:rolleyes: :)

86350x
11-24-2005, 09:29 PM
On a side note, I just let my gf or friend's wear some of my tighter fitting fox gear. She didn't have any problems with it, because she could just tighten the pants up all the way since they were adjustable. An easy thing for you gals to do, would be to just try on a guys gear for sizing if you don't like the womens only offerings.

And yeah that would be better:D