PDA

View Full Version : Clutch spring?

Warrioreater400ex
11-16-2005, 11:26 PM
So me and a buddy were out wrenching on the 400 the other day, i was putting my new oil tank in, and he was removing the Clutch side case... well he took it off... i polished the clutch cover etc, anyways its the first time i had taken one apart... anyways so i put it all back together or so i thought.... i didnt know there was supposed to be a spring at the bottom of the vertical shaft the clutch cable hooks to. the crazy thing is that my cable is a few months old and getting stiff... so i rode it and didnt, still dont, feel the difference? i looked for the spring, but could not find it!! so i guess ill order one... the question is... will it hurt if i ride this weekend (3-5 days for parts to get here)? exactly what purpose does it serve?

Warrioreater400ex
11-17-2005, 12:07 PM
anyone?

RiderTRX400ex
11-17-2005, 12:26 PM
i had the same problem a few weeks back, when i took mine apart i noticed the spring was broke... i fixed it though and no shops had one around here

are you saying your didnt have one? if it didnt i dont think it will hurt to put it back together and ride it for 3 or 5 days while you order one..

good luck