PDA

View Full Version : Hondas in-trouble

06-22-2002, 05:11 PM
Time for Honda to up the ante a bit i would say!!

BadA$$440
06-22-2002, 05:23 PM
How? The limited Edition Raptor has been out for a lil bit now and it hasnt hurt honda at all.

Striker49
06-22-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Bad*****440
How? The limited Edition Raptor has been out for a lil bit now and it hasnt hurt honda at all.

Yeah, no kidding. :o

06-22-2002, 06:02 PM
ohh no yamaha changed the colors on the craptor, is honda ever gonna sell another bike lol c'mon now ..

mrusk
06-22-2002, 06:09 PM
But once u go black you never go back.

matt

06-22-2002, 06:25 PM
you're getting a bit off topic there mrusk

i dont want to know about your sex life

phatswinn
06-22-2002, 06:27 PM
hahaha good one

06-22-2002, 07:06 PM
red rider 9- lmao! lol

2k2-300exnj
06-22-2002, 09:52 PM
calm down now ladies we are all friends here no need to get your skirts all caught up

nakomis0
06-22-2002, 11:04 PM
That Raptor is sweet as ****.

Honda needs to step up for damn sure. Slowest 'real' sport quad on the market. If I was at the point to buy a new quad, 400ex would be ALMOST last on my list.... :eek:

BornOnFire
06-23-2002, 12:49 AM
Good point..... Honda does not have a choice. They have to $hit or get off the pot! It's inevitable. They WILL come out with a big bore Quad... it's just a matter of time. Who's to say that they do not have a secret prototype out there being tested as we speak?.....;)

06-23-2002, 01:38 AM

Now look at this one more time.
Can any of you seriously say that you dont think the new higher performance quads that have come out the last year or two are not taking away Honda sales.
Honda had enjoyed almost total supremacy of the sport market for 3 years and most of that without any new competition. If you believe that Honda sales are not hurting then reprogram your thought process.
Personally I am happy that new better machines have been working their way into production its good for our sport to have competition and maybe we will have the performance level "out of the box" that the performance 2 wheelers have. Wouldnt it be great to get your next new quad with the right performance parts installed for the purchase price?
Damn look at c-dale and the product they have, like it or not its way more advanced than the ex. Now with the zuki which is a complete slap in the face to honda(zuki is making a cloned honda thats higher performance) they have to raise it a few notches.
I keep hearing that the CRF450 is not going to be put into a oem Honda due to it being too high performance but thats the only thing that will bring honda back to the top. Lets hope that they dont let the quad play second fiddle like they let happen to the cr.

Well I am still waiting Honda............................................

06-23-2002, 07:28 AM
I think honda takes the time to develope a quad that won't totally break the first time you ride it. Example: the raptor, the first year they made them they had weak tranny gears. But the 400 ex has basically the xr motor in it and they already knew it was bulletproof. Just my .02 cents

honda250xrider
06-23-2002, 08:03 AM
honda has been good at making quads ... for the raptor they arnt really that good i have seen 2 raptors been beat by a ulity before on a mx track there really nothing speical a 400 could whip right over them

ExVillin400
06-23-2002, 08:06 AM
why does everyone complane about how slow the honda is. go to any race track and see how many 400's there are compared to all others. who cares if is real slow the handleing makes up for that. i enjoy mine well its stock.

06-23-2002, 09:42 AM
But the 400 ex has basically the xr motor in it and they already knew it was bulletproof. Just my .02 cents

I would agree that Honda is "anal" when it comes to reliability, but that is a good thing too.

honda has been good at making quads ... for the raptor they arnt really that good i have seen 2 raptors been beat by a ulity before on a mx track there really nothing speical a 400 could whip right over them
I would think that is either a swamp track or a rider issue, but spend some time on a properly equiped raptor, they are not that bad. The power is great but as we all know very well there are many trade off for that power. But its still a fun quad to ride and y not leave it at that.

why does everyone complane about how slow the honda is. go to any race track and see how many 400's there are compared to all others. who cares if is real slow the handleing makes up for that. i enjoy mine well its stock.
I have access to a mostly stock 400ex and I enjoy riding it , but just not as much as my 440. More power is always good.
There are more 400ex's at the local level and above because the 400ex was the only raceable quad produced for a few years. So there a sea of red at every race.

Honda will have to accept that the competition is getting their act together and either adjust to it or get used to not winning every race in sight.

Rastus
06-23-2002, 02:00 PM
Yeah!, what 440EX4Me said!