PDA

View Full Version : ok am i gonna need it or not?

Rootar
11-16-2005, 08:31 PM
ive heard about the starting problems and the stallign probs with the new 06 450r s. so my question do i really need the HRC kit right away? i mostly ride my ramp and play around doing wheelies in our pasture and goofing off. Now and then i go and ride the trails and there is a sweet gravel pit we ride at with some pretty narly hills (you have to be in 2nd gear wide open on my 416 to get close to making to the top) and i was wondering am i gonna have trouble with any of this. its just now starting to get cold so is teh starting problems gonna be worse. what can i do to fix it?

or is everyone exagerating on the starting and stalling problems and jsut arent used to the cold nature hondas lol. but any info or say so in this would be great im getting my 450 on saturday :D so if i really need the HRC i need to call them tomorrow and so they can get one in if they dont have one.

thanks ahead

Transplant2
11-16-2005, 11:01 PM
Things are a bit overstated. For the first few hours starting was touchy. Once it starts breaking in it's fine. And you don't NEED the HRC kit...but you will want it. Once installed the beast is unleashed. :devil: And your new R will climb that gravel pit just fine.

KRMit
11-17-2005, 07:19 AM
I've never had any trouble starting it with the choke. It did stall on me a few times at my last race which really ticked me off. I ordered the Zip-Ty fuel screw and hopefully adjusting that will fix the stalling.

4ABURN
11-17-2005, 07:24 AM
I live in canada and its getting cold here know and when I get mine (2 weeks) all I am going to do is turn up the idle a little and put a 45 pilot jet in her and go.Maybe I will pull the lid off too and put about a 150 main in and pull the end cap off (live on a farm no one to bother but family) that my plan maybe that will help yours.:D :D

IF anyone with 06 thinks thats a bad plan let rootar and I know please.:)

Rootar
11-17-2005, 08:05 AM
what the zip-ty fuel screw?

i know ill want the HRC and ill add it later on so shouldnt i break it in atleast before i install the kit or would it be better if i broke it in with the HRC kit already in?

KRMit
11-17-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Rootar
[B]what the zip-ty fuel screw? /B]
I can't remember who posted this, but here ya go...

Lonestar_R
11-17-2005, 08:57 AM
Where can you order that fuel screw from

KRMit
11-17-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Lonestar_R
Where can you order that fuel screw from
You can do a Google search for zip-ty and find that particular one. There's a guy selling them on Ebay but he only sells one on there at a time for some reason. Other companies also make them. I've seen some that are bronze and silver. I don't think there's really any difference in them except the Zip-ty ones are red with numbers. You can go to Ebay and do a search for "FCR screw" and that should bring up a few. It costs about $25.

Lonestar_R
11-17-2005, 09:58 AM
does this screw stay in all the time......once you install it

KRMit
11-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Lonestar_R
does this screw stay in all the time......once you install it
Yes.

Smoker
11-18-2005, 01:53 PM
The screw has a spring putting pressure on it, so once you set it, it's not going to move. I just put one on and it makes the job alot easier. I made a tool to adjust the stock screw but it was still difficult to tell where exactly how many turns you were making, unless you loosened the carb and turned it sideways.

chad cavagnaro
11-18-2005, 06:39 PM
hey rootar, what part of arkansas u from? i,m from little rock.
i race the arkansas harescramble series. you should check it out.
www.ahscs.com season is almost over now. last race is nov. 26th but there is always next year. bet that gravel hill u were talking about is bayroid mines. i,ve been there. do you know spencer dickerson? :confused: