PDA

View Full Version : handles like a champ now

Pappy
06-22-2002, 04:44 PM
i got to test out all the new goodies today at rausch creek. i did some minor tweaking and adjusting and life is good.

Pappy
06-22-2002, 04:47 PM
the new a arms and shocks give you so much stability. i wish i had bought them first before anything else.

Pappy
06-22-2002, 04:51 PM
atleast someone finally got some decent pics of me. now i need to order that swing arm and axle

Pappy
06-22-2002, 05:55 PM
another

Tommy 17
06-22-2002, 10:12 PM
so how did u like rausch creek... i think its awesome... i just wanna have shocks b4 i go back...

see the jump in the 2nd picture... i never did clear it and i bottom out so bad on it at times i thought i broke my wrists... next time i go i am doin it on the 1st lap with shocks... that jump has me pissed off haha:rolleyes:

Tommy 17
06-22-2002, 10:15 PM
in the 1st pic is that the table top when u first get on the atv track i can't tell... its the one right after the big sweeper turn and b4 the step up???

if it is i loved that jump 4th gear wide open...

Pappy
06-23-2002, 06:23 AM
yes thats the 60 ft tabletop. early in the day i cleared it but as the day wore on and i wore out i was not able to hold on to the quad so i backed off a bit. that step up is a mental thing, if ya do it its like landing on air...but if not it can hurt ya. i did the last double on the track...the big one...but only once. thats a nice track.

400exBro
06-23-2002, 07:28 AM
+ what a arms did you get????

also, what kind of adjusments did you make, preload???, i just left mine from works and it is almost at the top, and landing are so smooth, turns on a dime( at least close to it ) the only thing is that when i come up short, i come very close to bottoming out, i hit a 25 footer, in mud and did have enough spend and land on the front of the landing ramp, but it didn't feel like i bottomed out,

Now time for a rebuild, the back shock is starting to piss me off because it is not doing aswell as my fronts..
i think i will try the elka rebuild from quad shop.
lata
Bro

bansheeguy77
06-23-2002, 07:46 AM
dude wash under ur fenders lol :blah those are some very sweet pics from rausch. i thought that 1st tabletop was only 50ft but thats sweet if it is 60. i clear it most of the time. that stepup hurts if u dont clear it u bottom and smash really bad but if u clear it its alot of fun. we gotta hook up sometime before the sumers over and ride. next sunday?? :D

kabd69667
06-23-2002, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
dude wash under ur fenders lol :blah
Cut the damn things off, then you won't have to worry about washing them:D

06-23-2002, 08:07 AM
cool pics, wish i had my EX like that

400exBro
06-23-2002, 09:22 AM
Dude, i am too lazy to wash under my fenders before i ride, because they just get dirty again:D
I don't know about cutting my fenders because, racing mx races in mud with cut fenders anit fun, plus my friend has a sweet track, but he didn't plan it out before he made it he just duge out in front of it so it has huge water puddles in front of the jump..
but hey i might, in the summer, or just buy the white full born plastic with shave fenders already and switch back and forth pending track conditions.
i'll see
maybe i will crack them soon from to many role overs that i will have to cut em
lata
Bro

Tommy 17
06-23-2002, 10:22 AM
banshee guy we will meet up here sometime in later july...

Pappy
06-23-2002, 02:23 PM
i dont know, it may be 50 ft...felt like 100 by the end of the day!!
maybe sunday will work, i normally ride on saturday and use sunday to goof off and clean the quad. i left the settings from works also, i only adjusted the camber and toe in the front end.

06-30-2002, 05:44 AM
not to be rude but is that an actual mx track where you compete with other riders? if so dont the rocks hurt? we have all clay tracks down here. and that step up looks awesome. none like that around here!!!

Leo
06-30-2002, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by jason400rider
that step up looks awesome. none like that around here!!!

I'll second that! It looks like a blast... looks like it could be a bit painfull if you come up short to :D

Leo

Pappy
06-30-2002, 07:59 AM
no its a practice track. yes the rocks hurt ...but thats part of riding. its not too bad tho, it gives ya some added incentive to be out front!:D

Pappy
06-30-2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Leo

I'll second that! It looks like a blast... looks like it could be a bit painfull if you come up short to :D

Leo

you bet! i saw some riders just punishing them selves on it. it is real smooth on the downside....just burp 4th gear and over ya go!

bansheeguy77
06-30-2002, 08:57 AM
at first i didnt wanna do it but then i finally did it and it feels so awesome clearing it just the way it launches u....but if u land like on top of the part sticking up hold on cause its steep and u go on a long nose wheelie...i hit it in 3rd when i was there... but it was all muddy thats prolly y i didnt hit 4th....the best thing is when u clear that table top then the step up...thats a challange lol....the other stepup is just like that 1 to i think cept less of a lip.

Pappy
06-30-2002, 09:19 AM
yep, except after the second step up you got a couple doubles to play with!! hey, i will be going back next saturday....since im still all banged up i will be takin pics and stuff...u going?

bansheeguy77
06-30-2002, 10:55 AM
hmm next saturday.....i might be able to head up....if i dont go tommorow ill go up saturday with ya.

Tommy 17
06-30-2002, 11:01 AM
i will talk to my friends see if we can go up those dayz...

i really liked the 2nd step up... i hit it in 3rd and went right over it... now i just gotta keep on the gas and do the double...

Pappy
03-17-2006, 07:47 PM
ive been looking for these pictures:eek2:

Mxjunkie
03-17-2006, 07:56 PM
lmfao looks like you could beat me on a track :o

450Racer
03-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
that step up is a mental thing, if ya do it its like landing on air...but if not it can hurt ya.

hey Pappy, do you remember Rausch atvriders.com ride in 2003, while they were filming H6? i was on the built 300ex (my dad actually) and i was riding a stock 400ex. when everyone was just chilling, my dad decided to try that on my 300ex. the shocks were too soft for me and i was only 115 pounds and he was 230. do you remember him crashing? :devil:

prepracing
03-17-2006, 09:36 PM
which quad is that out of your collection ?

Mxjunkie
03-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
+ what a arms did you get????

also, what kind of adjusments did you make, preload???, i just left mine from works and it is almost at the top, and landing are so smooth, turns on a dime( at least close to it ) the only thing is that when i come up short, i come very close to bottoming out, i hit a 25 footer, in mud and did have enough spend and land on the front of the landing ramp, but it didn't feel like i bottomed out,

Now time for a rebuild, the back shock is starting to piss me off because it is not doing aswell as my fronts..
i think i will try the elka rebuild from quad shop.
lata
Bro

what the hell is that under the rear fender :huh :huh

Pappy
03-17-2006, 10:00 PM
450Racer, i do remember that!

someone else broke a leg too right?

that was my 400ex and proof i have atleast jumped a few small jumps:p

fast_enough
03-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
what the hell is that under the rear fender :huh :huh

He must've hit a dog previous to that picture? Possibly a skunk?

03-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
what the hell is that under the rear fender :huh :huh It looks like a dog was passing b y as he took the pictar.

prepracing
03-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
It looks like a dog was passing b y as he took the pictar.

what in the hec are you guys seeing exactly.....please explain :confused:

03-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by prepracing
what in the hec are you guys seeing exactly.....please explain :confused: Look above the right rear tire;)