PDA

View Full Version : Loudest pipe

yellow400
06-22-2002, 04:09 PM
I was just wondering what the loudest pipe is. If possible make a list starting with the loudest.

thanks

yamaha1470
06-22-2002, 04:27 PM
Dont buy a pipe just because its loud. But any of the engine builders pipes are loud.

nakomis0
06-22-2002, 04:43 PM
Anyone can make a loud pipe. Heck give me your stock exhaust, i'll hook ya up.:D

Punk13rym
06-22-2002, 06:35 PM
Big Gun

phatswinn
06-22-2002, 06:37 PM
curtis sparks is the loudest i think? cobras up there too

Dave400ex
06-22-2002, 07:25 PM
Any of the Engine Builders Pipe. Big Gun and Pro Circuit are also very Loud. My TC is really Loud.

bansheeguy77
06-22-2002, 08:46 PM
my big gun race system is very loud but sounds sweet. yea cobra and the 1 i forget the name its a really short silincer its a modded supertrap i belive is very loud. but if ur going for loudness send me ur stock pipe and for 50 bucks i can make it very loud to.

optikid123
06-22-2002, 09:41 PM
the sparks pipe is loud

skemp
06-23-2002, 01:43 AM
I went up north to my favorite trails to ride yesterday, and found 4 of the MAJOR trails connecting the system together closed down... If you think having the loudest pipe is cool, imagine how stupid you look to pedestrians, neighbors, and other riders as you rip down the trail. A piped 4-stroke is LOUD, please just try to be considerate. I have no intention of starting anything, but I always see posts regarding the loudest possible exhaust system, and now that it is affecting me, I am a bit sensitive to it. I am not just some old guy complaining either, I'm 17, and I like to ride hard just like the rest of you, but I don't need to contradict the situation by having an outrageously loud pipe. Thanks guys, I am grappling down from my soap box now. :)

Leo
06-23-2002, 07:15 AM
noise pollution is one of the few legitimate complaints that the ant-atv folks have..

by sellling obnoxiously loud pipes the aftermarket is in effect shooting itself in the foot.. they do nothing good for the sport..

Leo

Rastus
06-23-2002, 02:03 PM
DG's closed circuit exhaust is loud. Its as loud as running without the silencer, except for full throttle!!

honda250xrider
06-23-2002, 02:52 PM
tc is a loud pipe but it also gives you hp gains why do u want something real loud

trx400ex
06-23-2002, 04:16 PM
the only place you should run very loud pipes are on closed course racetracks

MichaelS693
06-23-2002, 06:12 PM
these are not in order.....tc racing, sparks, dg (crappy), Cobra (crappy)

06-23-2002, 06:20 PM
take your silencer off and you have yourself a LOUD bike lol

TargetBow
06-23-2002, 06:31 PM
I have an HMF Slip-on and it is plenty loud enough and did make quite an improvement in the lower and midrange torque.

RideRed04
06-23-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by skemp
I went up north to my favorite trails to ride yesterday, and found 4 of the MAJOR trails connecting the system together closed down... If you think having the loudest pipe is cool, imagine how stupid you look to pedestrians, neighbors, and other riders as you rip down the trail. A piped 4-stroke is LOUD, please just try to be considerate. I have no intention of starting anything, but I always see posts regarding the loudest possible exhaust system, and now that it is affecting me, I am a bit sensitive to it. I am not just some old guy complaining either, I'm 17, and I like to ride hard just like the rest of you, but I don't need to contradict the situation by having an outrageously loud pipe. Thanks guys, I am grappling down from my soap box now. :)

What trail got closed down? That is crap! The trails in iron river are awsome, I hope those werent the ones, if so I am gonna run down all the loud piped quads and beat them personally. I am also 17 (well, in 4 days...whoo hoo) and cant stand the loud pipes. Things need to change really quick. Thanks to big gun (quiet series), fmf (power core VI Q), and any other pipe companies that are making quiet pipes.

skemp
06-23-2002, 10:01 PM
No not Iron River, this was around Danbury, but I heard they are most likely going to start doing decibel level tests in most major riding areas. To go along with the tougher enforcement, they want to ban 2 stroke ATV's altogether, and make the law for exhausts just like it is for sleds: NO modification whatsoever to the exhaust system.

Here we are guys, on the brink of losing all the privileges we have had for all these years. If you don't think there isn't a HUGE force working successfully against us, just do a search on the net, and you will see what our future holds. From a realistic point of view, IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD for us. See ya...