PDA

View Full Version : Landing on the Moon

m_townsgreatest
11-16-2005, 02:46 PM
Does anyone believe we didnt land on the moon? I have mixed emotions about it. We watched a movie is science on it that shows things that contradict the US landing on the moon. There arguement is made strong due to the facts like why is the flag waving when there's no air on the moon, why wasnt the a blast crater under the lunar lander from when it landed(it was said to have 10,000 lbs of thrust), and why they showed a crater by area 51 that looks just like one they got off of the moive of the landing on the moon.
Post what you think about the landing of the Us on the moon!

JDiablo
11-16-2005, 02:55 PM
I personally think both ways,what really made me think is when i seen the flag waving,that took me awhile to realize

11-16-2005, 02:55 PM
im starting to think it was faked and was done to show how superior we were of the russians like they did with their wooden missle in the red square

Warrioreater400ex
11-16-2005, 02:59 PM
we landed on the moon. it is no hoax, unless i missed some recent dalayed 40 years NASA press release?

The flag wasnt "waving", it was in equilibrium. it was the weak force of gravity on the moon, and like you said "theres no air" so according to Newtons law If the material was even somewhat stiff.. it would stay that way because the only outside force acting upon the system is gravity (which is weak). And again about the blast crater... ONE SIXTH of the gravity of earth! meaning the amount of thrust to land smoothly on the moon is ONE SIXTH that of the moon!!

That being said, what about the millions of people that saw it!?!? look at the film making skills of that time?? do you think the astronaut was bouncing around on strings? the movie making skills and effects were nowhere NEAR that.

With that being said, i just proved all of your points wrong using SIMPLE Physics and common sense.

(i might add that my physics professor worked at nasa doing small experiments with lunar dust)

Atkins
11-16-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
im starting to think it was faked and was done to show how superior we were of the russians like they did with their wooden missle in the red square Same here, Im starting to think their motive to fake it was to gain another edge againsst the russians.

Atkins
11-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Warrioreater400ex
we landed on the moon. it is no hoax, unless i missed some recent dalayed 40 years NASA press release?

The flag wasnt "waving", it was in equilibrium. it was the weak force of gravity on the moon, and like you said "theres now air" so according to Newtons law If the material was even somewhat stiff.. it would stay that way. And again about the blast crater... ONE SIXTH of the gravity of earth! meaning the amount of thrust to land smoothly on the moon is ONE SIXTH that of the moon!!

That being said, what about the millions of people that saw it!?!? look at the film making skills of that time?? do you think the astronaut was bouncing around on strings? the movie making skills and effects were nowhere NEAR that.

With that being said, i just proved all of your points wrong using SIMPLE Physics and common sense.

(i might add that my physics professor worked at nasa doing small experiments with lunar dust)

Heres some common sense for ya. True, they only needed 1/6th of the foce to land on the moon(which is still a huge amount of force to plop something that massive down gently. Wouldnt this also mean that the dust on the surface was held down with 1/6 of the force on earth? This would mean that less force would be needed to lift the dust off of the surface. And as you can tell by the astronauts jumping around, the surface wasnt hard packed at all.

Warrioreater400ex
11-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Also what about all the other "Apollo" Missions? Especially 13? do you think we were just flinging our guys around the moon for the heck of it with a lunar lander attached to them? i have failed to see a worthy SHRED of evidence that its a fake? sure maybe theres a motive.. but no hard evidence.

Honda4trax250x
11-16-2005, 03:07 PM
We landed on the moon.

m_townsgreatest
11-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Lets not turn this into a flame fest. I was just asking for opinions.
Warrioreater300ex you may be right but everyone else is just stating there opinions. So try and not get this closed. Thanks

11-16-2005, 03:12 PM
when did we land on the moon? is this something recent?

Warrioreater400ex
11-16-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Atkins
Heres some common sense for ya. True, they only needed 1/6th of the foce to land on the moon(which is still a huge amount of force to plop something that massive down gently. Wouldnt this also mean that the dust on the surface was held down with 1/6 of the force on earth? This would mean that less force would be needed to lift the dust off of the surface. And as you can tell by the astronauts jumping around, the surface wasnt hard packed at all.

im confused? if you are suggesting that it would be dusty???what makes it dusty on earth.. motion, wind etc? ok so if you are saying the lunar lander would make dust? well except the fact that dust gets airborn by... air... it is in a VACUUM. dust isnt going to be floating around all over the place? also.. the composition of lunar rock/dust is completely different that anything on earth. if your saying it would make crater because its not held down that good? im sure it "blew" the dust off of the rock? but how deep was the dust... maybe 3 inches? maybe a foot who knows? but theres solid rock undernearth considering thats what the moon is composed of.

Warrioreater400ex
11-16-2005, 03:18 PM
i apologize, i didnt think i came across "flaming" i never personally attacked anyone or called them "stupid", just a lot of the points dont seem to add up on yalls theories so i am just stating my beliefs and why im pretty sure im right because we jsut talked about this in my Calculus based Physics I class in college... i apologize, i did not mean to sound as if i were flaming anyone...

Scro
11-16-2005, 03:22 PM
My opinion is we landed on the moon. I would like to hear wilkins opinion...lol.

Atkins
11-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Warrioreater400ex
im confused? if you are suggesting that it would be dusty???what makes it dusty on earth.. motion, wind etc? ok so if you are saying the lunar lander would make dust? well except the fact that dust gets airborn by... air... it is in a VACUUM. dust isnt going to be floating around all over the place? also.. the composition of lunar rock/dust is completely different that anything on earth. if your saying it would make crater because its not held down that good? im sure it "blew" the dust off of the rock? but how deep was the dust... maybe 3 inches? maybe a foot who knows? but theres solid rock undernearth considering thats what the moon is composed of. The dust was deep enough for the astronauts walking around to kick up enough to be noticable, so wouldnt you think 10,000lbs of thrust would kick up some dust? A sizable amount of dust would still be kicked up and moved around by the thrust of the lander, the fact that there is no air would have no effect on that.

And you were being a d*ck by being close minded and stating that other people dont have common sense because they dont agree with your chain of thought.

Scro
11-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Although I think that we have visited the moon, I would still like to see it again. It's been awhile...lol

Atkins
11-16-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
Although I think that we have visited the moon, I would still like to see it again. It's been awhile...lol
Yea, its pretty sad that...if we did land on the moon...we arent even close to doing it again over 35 years later.

Warrioreater400ex
11-16-2005, 03:47 PM
yes it would, rocket propulsion in a vaccum is completely different than it is on earth. on earth, the thrust of the rocket pushes against the air so to speak, propelling the object forward. in space... there is no air to "push against". i forgot the equation that shows how it works, but if yall really dont believe me i can find it. but what im saying is that unless the output of the boosters actually touched the surface, it theoretically would not make a noticable amount of dust because it is not pushing against anything, not air and not the surface of the moon. the reason dust was kicking up from the astronauts was because their foot was physically lifting it off the surface of the moon and then it slowly fell back to the surface at the acceleration of approximately 1.623 m/s^2, again just trying to put my learning to use, if yall really want me to i can find the equation that shows how rocket propulsion in a vacuum works.

(m_townsgreatest, sorry the first post sounded snappy, i misread your post and thought you meant "can you believe it" stating it as a fact, i missed the whole "mixed emotions part")

11-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Atkins
Yea, its pretty sad that...if we did land on the moon...we arent even close to doing it again over 35 years later.

the cost to info gained ratio does not make another moon landing a plausable idea...we need to be focusuing on landing on another planet to gain more info on both the receiveing planet, and the travel to that planet...of course that is mars for right now...but hopefully someday we can make it to all the planets and beyond...

400exrules
11-16-2005, 04:10 PM
yes, we landed.........

11-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Only a handfull of people know for sure, so everyone can argue all they want, you will never know the truth.

JRP
11-16-2005, 05:07 PM
theres a part of me that thinks we did and another part that dosent.. but im thinkin we did.

2004exrider
11-16-2005, 05:13 PM
i love to debate this topic! There are some things that are kinda fishy about it. Like the blast crater, If theres no crater from the rockets intense force how come when he jumps off the shuttle it leaves a foot print, i dont think he landied that hard. if you watch the tape again youll see the part where it shows that the shadows are going in different dirrections in certain places than others are, suggesting there was different light angles. Also they show clips where the cross hair from the camera is behind him and other objects instead of in front like it should be, maybe computer edited? How about the fact that the shuttle was made of flimsy aluminum and they made it thru the atmosphere and didnt get burnt up from the intense radiation? To get thru that much radiation they say youll need atleast 6" of steel i believe, someone correct me if wrong, to get thru it with out getting hurt. I dont think that the ship or their "protective" suits would have made it. If the suits can make it thru that, how come they didnt use the suits to clean up the mess from the nuclear reactor that overheated in chernobyl?

Jimmy

K-Dub
11-16-2005, 05:44 PM
Thats what I was remembering a show had said, that theres a radiation belt between us and the moon (not on reentry) and it would take like a 6' lead shield to protect us from it. I not sure if we landed or not. Just because some tv show or film says we didnt isnt enough proof evan though they bring up some doubts. How do I know they didnt do photo shopping to thier film and photos.

Quad18star
11-16-2005, 06:14 PM
They never landed on the moon .... all the footage was shot here in my home town . :p

Here's part of an article that I found .

"Sudbury was known for many years as a wasteland. During the Apollo manned lunar exploration program, NASA astronauts trained in Sudbury, to become familiar with shatter cones, a rare rock formation connected with meteorite impacts. However, the popular misconception that they were visiting Sudbury because it resembled the lifeless surface of the moon dogged the city for years"

My uncle actually has old picture slides from when they were here . He bought a bunch of slides at an auction , and it just so happened that there was a few slides from when NASA was here .

Cr85rRida
11-16-2005, 06:18 PM
yes i saw that movie in 6th grade ( not being sarcastic thats when i saw it ) and now im in 10 grade and we saw a video eplaning why the earth is not a sphere buit a "pizza pie":rolleyes: the vid brings out some points that are intresting..I saw on the ufo files that there were aliens waitong for us there....who knows. I personaly am into all this UFO and space stuff but the moon isint somthing to argue about. We need to get our asses to zeytar reticular. supposedly its about 6 billion years older then earth and is almost like earth! ( with the excpectation of 2 suns lol)

m_townsgreatest
11-16-2005, 06:45 PM
yeah they said on the video that the radiation would kill them almost instantly if they went through it.

yamablaster24
11-16-2005, 06:51 PM
well i heard the radiation on the moon would be too much for the human to withstand.

prepracing
11-17-2005, 12:18 AM
of course we landed on the moon, where else would you get moon rocks :devil:

450r51
11-17-2005, 06:48 AM
the chemical formula of moon rocks can be found on earth rocks as well!

wilkin250r
11-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Right. We never landed on the moon, Bush is actually the one that is responsible for 9/11 because he's in an oil-conspiracy with Saudi Arabia, and Elvis is still alive.

Geez, don't you people ever read the Weekly World News?

crday98
11-17-2005, 04:24 PM
this is what happens if you accuse olé' buzz of faking it!!!

http://www.jokaroo.com/extremevideos/buzzaldrinpunchesbartsibrel.html

Butters
11-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Right. We never landed on the moon, Bush is actually the one that is responsible for 9/11 because he's in an oil-conspiracy with Saudi Arabia, and Elvis is still alive.

Geez, don't you people ever read the Weekly World News?

ha i knew i was right!

omaits
11-17-2005, 06:09 PM
Does anyone have an electronic version of the Fox Moon Hoax TV Special? I have heard alot about it and scoured the net for a copy. If anyone has one, let me know! Thanks!

ZeroLogic
11-17-2005, 06:21 PM
i also have mix feelings about it

if we did land on the moon why havn't we go back there not even once all these years

but also they are selling tickets soon to go to the moon to regular overly rich people
i think a ticket is like 1 million dollars or something like that but thats what i heard

2004exrider
11-17-2005, 06:57 PM
how do u explain him leaving a foot print then, but the rocket not leaving a blast crater?

Jimmy

coryatver
11-17-2005, 07:04 PM
We have landed on the moon. It is not an opinion it is a fact. Does everyone still think the earth isn't round too? Oh and we are going back to the moon in 2018. go to nasa.gov

nosliw
11-17-2005, 07:45 PM
wtf is the point of going back? we didn't need to go in the first place, we did because we didn't want the russians getting their first, and also to show how developed our space program was.

we DID land on the moon, and if you don't agree, Buzz WILL come to your house and punch you in your communist face!

2004exrider
11-17-2005, 07:57 PM
lmao, if i see him comin i just wont answer the door!:eek:

11-17-2005, 08:12 PM
th earth isn't round, it is actually oblong(pear shaped) that is why there is a slight wobble to it in orbit and ina few centuries, as in the past, the north star will not be the north star

the southern hemisphere is slightly larger than the norther hemisphere

Atkins
11-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
the cost to info gained ratio does not make another moon landing a plausable idea...we need to be focusuing on landing on another planet to gain more info on both the receiveing planet, and the travel to that planet...of course that is mars for right now...but hopefully someday we can make it to all the planets and beyond... Yea, theres not much going on on the moon, but by now we should be able to go there and it shouldnt be a big deal at all, and it should be a decent chunk cheaper than what it is too.

The computers on the apollo missions were less powerful than a modern day calculator.

Mxjunkie
11-17-2005, 09:39 PM
http://www.aulis.com/nasa6.htm

that site is rather interesting.

DeerNuts
11-18-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by nosliw

we DID land on the moon, and if you don't agree, Buzz WILL come to your house and punch you in your communist face!

I realize it's a joke, but how does dissent equate to Communism?

nosliw
11-18-2005, 05:52 PM
i was more joking towards some of those old guys who are still flowing with testosterone and lived through the mcharthy years....

omaits
11-20-2005, 03:43 PM
This will explain many of the points made by conspiracy theorists...

Explaing Casing's "theories" (http://www.geocities.com/skepticradio/audio/NASAHoax.ram)

yellow400ex05
11-20-2005, 04:00 PM
What if we went to mars or some planet and brought some samples back really carefully and some of it got dropped or loose and it had something so deadly that is would devistate the human race? I mean it could happen, with all of the radioactivity and S***. Man, would that suck. And it would be kinda emabarasing to us as humans that if we all died because we went to mars brought something back and some of it got loose and it had a deadly bacteria in it and all of the humans died, just because they wanted to see another planet.

If we were smart enough we would stay on our own planet and live our lives with what we already have. Also to save some money.

dangle
11-20-2005, 06:18 PM
**** the moon.... Plenty of shiz to see here on earth... who gives a piss whats out there...

Mike