PDA

View Full Version : New Clutch Perch

400exrules
11-16-2005, 01:55 PM
I have a stock clutch perch/lever setup, and i have a parking brake block off, so i want to get rid of the parking brake assembly and give my bars a cleaner look. I want to get an aftermarket perch/lever for Christmas But i dont know what brands are good, and such, so what is a good looking, reliable, easy to pull, adjustable clutch perch and lever?

EDIT: and do i need to take the grip off to install it?

tater_kamik
11-16-2005, 02:16 PM
you do not need to take off the grips to install it, should have a clape that bolts to the clutch perch that holds it onto the bar. i think i have a magnum perch, they are a good price, decent quality. ask c&d for clutch perches, im sure they will give you a good deal and great service.

Sjorge450R
11-16-2005, 03:27 PM
i just got my ASV lever and I love it. I think that it is the only clutch perch/lever that has an adjustable reach. Plus it reduces pull effort. I dont know how much they cost, but there website is:

www.asv-inventions.com

TM426
11-16-2005, 03:42 PM
I have a PEP perch, but it really doesnt matter what you pick. The PEP is easier to pull though.

MichiganMafia
11-16-2005, 03:47 PM
I have the SRP brand and it is great, they make a couple of differnet ones. Check there site
www.magicracing.com

tater_kamik
11-16-2005, 04:22 PM
if i remember right, asv also is the same perch that will not bend when you roll it, definately worth more if you can roll it back over and finish vs having to waste time replacing the lever

400exrules
11-16-2005, 04:45 PM
will my stock clutch cable just hook right into it?

NacsMXer
11-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
will my stock clutch cable just hook right into it?

Yup. Beware though that the reach adjuster nut on the ASV will hit the starter/kill switch/lights box on the 400EX. I have an ASV front brake lever and I love it, but the clutch levers were designed for dirt bikes that don't have that big black box on the handlebars.

An RTC clutch perch or a regular old CR clutch perch will both do you fine. Or even better you can go the Magura Hydro clutch route like I did!

Sjorge450R
11-16-2005, 05:59 PM
yeah, the ASV lever is the one that bends out incase you flip your quad. What i am doing because of the fact you cant have the electric start button, is that I am going to get a KTM starter switch to replace it. I dont have a headlight anyway to have to worry about the other switches. But i think that you could find a switch at walmart to use for your lights. Like a on/off toggle switch.

hardkoratvmxr
11-16-2005, 06:30 PM
get asv really good

400exrules
11-16-2005, 09:38 PM
k, ill have to get a diff perch then cuz i want to keep my little black box setup. I wish honda would have done like suzuki and put your lights on your key switch instead of where the starter is.

fasterthanyouex
11-17-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by MichiganMafia
I have the SRP brand and it is great, they make a couple of differnet ones. Check there site
www.magicracing.com

i also have the srp brand. i couldnt be happier!