PDA

View Full Version : Jetting my first carb. Need some ?'s answered fast.

Stock98EX
06-22-2002, 03:16 PM
I got everything apart and it says to change the main jet. Where the heck is the main jet located? I know, dumb question. But I cant seem to find it. Anybody have a picture of where it is located or can explain where its at? Thanks in advance!!

mikeboone
06-22-2002, 06:12 PM
I must start by saying DO NOT take the carb apart if you dont even know what the main jet is. Ok, you can take the main jet out easily. Turn the carb upside down. You will see the "bowl" Take the 4 screws out and take the bowl off--BE careful not to bend anything! You will see the main jet sticking up now. It is gold colored and is remove counter clockwise. Replace as needed and reassemble. You can do this with the carb on the quad. There is a small cap on the bottom of the float bowl that can be taken off while installed. When you put a new jet in; DO NOT over-tighten. Just snug it up-it will strip easily. The pilot jet is also in the bowl. It is in a hole right beside the main jet. and is a little longer. A higher # pilot jet will be longer than stock but all mains are the same length. Also, get the $40 Honda service manual. It shows where every nut and bolt goes on the quad with detailed instructions. Hope this helps!