PDA

View Full Version : 300ex help!!

madmandan11
11-16-2005, 12:04 PM
well i put my quad in garage last night and everything seemed fine... when i went to go riding today i pull it out and i hear a grinding almost comming from rear chain/carrier area... now im hoping this is jsut bearings??? but im am not sure does anyone know what this might be....

note** when i pull the quad back and push it forward i can hear it.... grinding and gets hard to push it... tried to drive it a little and didnt want to go any further due to this noise... any help is appreciated...:mad:

300exOH
11-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Sounds like it could be you bearings. Also make sure your rear brake caliper isn't hanging up. Also I see you are in CT so the caliper could just be frozen. I know mine builds up with ice in the winter and sticks.

madmandan11
11-16-2005, 12:12 PM
yea i was lookin at the caliper and it looked good... not cold enough to freeze yet maybe in another month... im thinkin its the bearings too hopefully it wont cost much....:ermm:

300exOH
11-16-2005, 12:19 PM
You can jack up the rear of the quad and check to see if the wheels will move up and down or front to back. If it moves at all then your bearings are bad. I wasn't sure about the temps up your way. I know it's near the freezing mark here already and were expecting snow tonight.:(

ZeroLogic
11-16-2005, 01:42 PM
sounds like the bearrings

madmandan11
11-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
You can jack up the rear of the quad and check to see if the wheels will move up and down or front to back. If it moves at all then your bearings are bad. I wasn't sure about the temps up your way. I know it's near the freezing mark here already and were expecting snow tonight.:(

thanks dude im gonna try that tomorrow...and are bearings a hard install can i do them myself or is it complex?

dirtmomma
11-16-2005, 04:55 PM
CHECK YOUR AXLE NUT!!!! If it is loose then the whole rearend is going to be moving & wearing outyour bearing :)

madmandan11
11-16-2005, 06:09 PM
will do thanks!! buying new bearings tomorrow i think so i can get her back in the mud

bwamos
11-17-2005, 08:57 AM
Are your rear break pads worn down? I noticed you said mud.. mud will eat through those pads like it's nobodys business. I bet your down to the metal on your break pads in the rear.