PDA

View Full Version : atv support site

Prey
11-16-2005, 10:43 AM
im kinda sick of all the communities flaming atvs/riders, so i decided to do something about it

i purchased the domain name www.focus-atv.com and am in the process of developing a site that is basically a running log of the various good things that local atv clubs and districts do for the community, links to atv forums, maybe (later down the road) atv parts reviews and maybe eventually politician report cards to help atv'ers at the polls.

the idea is basically to have one source for people to go to when they are trying to defend our right to ride

so any and all ideas are welcomed........also, email me kstanka@comcast.net with any posostive stuff that your local atv club/district/so on is doing for our community.

include atv club name, ama district and state

Sjorge450R
11-16-2005, 12:28 PM
this sounds like a good idea

tater_kamik
11-16-2005, 05:29 PM
good stuff bro, definately a good idea. lets see, my group of riders reported a stolen car that we found, does that count as a good dead?

Honda
11-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Great Idea!

We need all the positive support we can get!

Prey
11-17-2005, 11:57 AM
web site is active, i just need input from you members............SMDR cant be the only group doing charity/volunteer work....

just to clarify, there is nothing in it for me, i am doing this on my own time, so help me out if ya can

Prey
11-17-2005, 12:02 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i would also like to keep track of what industry gives/volunteers

Butters
11-17-2005, 12:08 PM
sounds like a good idea to me.

Admin
11-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Hey ken,

The idea sounds great, but why not just add the content to ATVriders.com, and I would create a section for it. I will try to call you again tonight

baker250r
11-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Here is one for all of you.

When I was in boy scouts. I had to do what is called an "Eagle Scout Project"

For those of you that have rode on any trail system, U know that if you crash and are badly hurt... its either hop on the back of ur buddies quad, or hope for somebody with a cellphone.... but wut is a cell phone going to do for you if u dont know where you are?

If any you ride on the Jackson County Trails in Wisconsin at Black River Falls, You will notice now that there are blue stake markers every 1/2 mile with a number on them. I put those up as my Eagle Scout Project because Im from there, and I know wut it's like to crash and have no help.

I got help from the local DNR to sponsor the project, and I set out last summer to erect all the stakes on the 180+ mile trail system. I took GPS readings and put up all the stickers on the posts.

If you are badly hurt, all you, or ur buddy has to do is make it to the nearest blue stake, and call in, and a helicopter or ambulance... depending on the location,will be there to get you.

I knwo this works, because right while I was doing the project, somebody did happen to get in a very bad crash, and his friend used one of the stakes to call in, and he was saved. They said if it wsnt for that, he might have bleed to death.

I guess thats my contribution to this community.

11-17-2005, 01:15 PM
congrats on your eagle scout....thats a hard thing to accomplish :)