PDA

View Full Version : crf V.S hrc V.S hot cams

roach400ex
11-16-2005, 08:00 AM
whats the difference between the CRF and the HRC cams, and do the hot cams stage 2 have the same durations?

PICHURC86
11-16-2005, 08:05 AM
Not much a 02 crf cam is the hrc came for 04 05 and the 06 uses the 06 crf cam and i think the hot cam is a little diffrent i would use the hrc cam it works the best

hawk-trx
11-16-2005, 09:56 AM
the 02 crf cam is NOT the hrc cam. they have different lift duration and i belive different lobe centers. the 02 will come on sooner and shut off sooner it will make around 2 hp more in the early rpms anr about 1 hp less in peak. after peak (in the over-rev) the hrc cam holds onto about 4 hp more then the crf till rev limit.

11-16-2005, 10:06 AM
so, in your opinion, the hrc cam is better than the 02 crf?

Ralph.nl
11-16-2005, 10:46 AM
Sorry to go off topic, if its not alright with you I'll start a new topic.

But I've just installed the HRC cam using the rockinhorseweg guide. He says:

Mix your Molybdenum and motor oil in a 50/50 solution and apply to the top off the shims, lobes on the cam, rocker arm and lifters. I used Moly Paste, my Honda dealer did not have anything else, but it worked great.

The engine I use is brand new, is it necessary to use that molybdenum? I'm not sure what it is and what it does. Or is it ok to just put some oil between it?

red2004 TRX450R
11-16-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Ralph.nl
Sorry to go off topic, if its not alright with you I'll start a new topic.

But I've just installed the HRC cam using the rockinhorseweg guide. He says:

The engine I use is brand new, is it necessary to use that molybdenum? I'm not sure what it is and what it does. Or is it ok to just put some oil between it?

IF you don't brake in a cam properly with the recommended lube you will be replacing it very soon!!!

if the Paste is cam lube you should be fine!

Ralph.nl
11-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Hmmm then I better be using something like that while its still open, thanks for the info.