PDA

View Full Version : wat air filter

250rider1
11-16-2005, 08:00 AM
wat air filter do most people use for mx riding/racing. ive got a k+n but i was wonderin if a foam filter is better.

zedicus00
11-16-2005, 08:26 AM
K&N witha waterproof outerwhares.

xx3003xrdrxx
11-16-2005, 08:33 AM
im running a white powerfilter from whitebrothers , it is a BIG fliter and it is foam , it comes with the oil from wb and everything . I run it over a brand new Twin air air filter i have , and a K@n and i to am running an outerwears airbox lid. Its a mean combo , i race mx so theres my choice...

250r4life
11-16-2005, 10:36 AM
this is a debated topic... you can talk to a lot of different people and you will get a lot of dfferent opinions... i personally prefer the K&N. i think the UNI is a decent filter, but i think the K&N breathes better and is a more consistent breath. K&N is a lot easier to service and clean, and... i just prefer the K&N... you just gotta make sure and clean it real good, as well as oil it real good. i use an outerwear and i dont have a problem with sucking sand... i also swap out my fitlers if im gunna be at the dunes for a few days... but like i said, i oil miine good and take good care of em and theyve always taken care of me...\
ps, i also do have a UNI for my R in addition to my 2 K&Ns... i use it once or twice a year when my K&Ns arent clean and i dont feel like cleaning em if im gunna be off just messing around... but whenever i'm gunna be racing or riding serious, its only the K&N.... i had UNI pod filters on my banshee too, and they worked ok as long as you got em good and oiled... you gotta oil the crap outa the UNI for it to breath good...

TheFontMaster
11-16-2005, 01:53 PM
I prefer UNI over K&N. I don't think the K&N blocks out sand and small particles as good as the foam UNI, and I ride sand pits. Overall it comes down to I like this one better than that one.

beerock
11-16-2005, 02:37 PM
ive run uni, twin air and k&n

first 3 times i used the uni i had sand in my intake. I oiled the filter properly as well. after seeing sand in my intake 3 times i took the uni off, ill never use them again. I went back to my k&n and the intake was clean again.

K&N all the way.

nwi45
11-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Beerock, I had the same problem with sand in my intake, but with Twin Airs. I don't like the fact that Twin Airs do not have any type of cage or support on the inside of the filter. My personal choice is UNI.

gumby2461
11-17-2005, 06:31 PM
k n N wit outwears

Tom TRX250R
11-17-2005, 10:29 PM
K&N with Outerwear