PDA

View Full Version : Don't Buy A white Brother's E-Series

TunedPerforman
11-15-2005, 07:03 PM
Just wanted to let you all know I got a white brother's e-series from my father in law. He took it off his 400ex a while back and since sold that for a 450r. It arrived with no installation spacer and the s- pipe got broke when he did a wheelie out on the sand.
I ordered the install kit with the spacer white brother's p/n o5-057hk through a local dealer on saterday 10-03-05 as well as the rivots and new updated s-pipe p/n 05-008. The dealer said the part would bespacer kit was the only backordered part and it would take them 2 weeks to get it out. So I waited and finally called white brother's after 3 weeks and they said that it wasn't going to be off backorder until tuesday november 1st " but couldn't tell me the dealer it was on order for". so on friday the 4th I called my dealer to see if it had arrived and they didn't have a clue what was going on. Monday the 7th I called and talked to steve in customer service at white brothers and he said the spacer would be to me by friday and the s-pipe I would see yeaterday. No s-pipe yesterday But the instal spacer kit came on friday. I called and talked to steve again and now he said the e-series is being discontinued and they are going to a new e2 series that start's out in the $300.oo price range and my part will be off backorder in 2 to 3 weeks. This sucks!!!- I won't buy a product from these guy's with a hastle like this. I wish I could sent Tom White the owner a link to this!!

AtvKid4Eva
11-15-2005, 07:21 PM
Yea man i dont blame you that sucks i would buy from them again either customer service should be number 1. Keep hastling them and they will prolly get ur stuff faster.

TunedPerforman
11-15-2005, 07:28 PM
I just found on the that the whitebrothers.com is registered to

James White
231 Wispering Willow Ct
Noblesville, IN 46060
US
I think tomarrow night I will print out this forum and send him a copy and see what become. There customer service is lacking and I won't ever want a product from a company with no support!!

11-15-2005, 09:28 PM
i have one with no problems what so ever. It produced better than my bros yoshi slip on

11-16-2005, 06:02 AM
i have an e-series on my wifes 300ex and i have had no problems with it...parts production is a funny thing...there are some things that have a higher priority than others...the things you asked for are not a common replacement item and therefore, not a lot will be stocked...when they have free time on their line, they will make a few and zip one out to you...their big focus, as with any other company, will be on the new replacement product...you should be glad you can even get that parts at all

11-16-2005, 06:44 AM
i had a e-series and the s pipe broke at the weld for no reason but i had it welded back on and one mount thats on the s pipe broke off to for no reason. i sold it but not cuz of the problums.

dirtmomma
11-16-2005, 09:01 AM
WE have an Eseries on our 426 & yes the weld broke where it metts the canister, our welder re-welded it BETTER THAN STOCK & we haven't had any problems w/ it since :) we just repacked it also didn't seem to have any probs w/ that either I do think they should make it easier to re-pack like NO rivets but I'm sure thats better than screws?? It is a decent pipe I know ALOT of people run them :)

11-16-2005, 09:12 AM
i heard its the older e-series that have the braking problum

CD400EX
11-16-2005, 05:56 PM
I have an E-Series pipe on my 400. It was in a box full of parts that came with my quad when I got it. Put it on with the spacer and havent touched it since

4bizzleEX
11-17-2005, 02:34 PM
My e-series works good. Loud, but good. Its a mother to change how many discs there are because there is like 8 hex bolts that you have to take out to change it. I bought my 400 w/ the
e-series on it, so i dont know about their customer service, but if they gave me BS like that just tell them to not send you the part, and that you'll just order an FMF pipe or someting, that will piss them off.

Bigun55
11-18-2005, 07:55 AM
I aint had no problems at all out of mine

TunedPerforman
11-30-2005, 12:07 PM
Called white brother's today, still no s-pipe. They now said about two more weeks and I have been waiting for another 3 weeks now. don't ever buy one of there pipes no parts support and no reply for a letter I sent the 3 weeks ago either!!

wilkin250r
11-30-2005, 02:45 PM
So one person has a problem with one part. That must mean the entire company is worthless, a bunch of lying cheats.

Seriously, you have a problem, go ahead and post it. But to try to tell all the rest of us "Don't buy their parts" is dumb. We always welcome factual information, but if you have a personal grudge, keep it to yourself.

motoman287
11-30-2005, 03:26 PM
So one person has a problem with one part. That must mean the entire company is worthless, a bunch of lying cheats.

I agree with that. In my opinion it seems also that the E-series sold a lot of pipes, and so with more people owning them, you are more likely to hear of the few that had problems. I rolled my 400 end over end wide open through a field and twisted the pipe before the canister quite badly, but was able to straighten it and reweld in a few small spots and it's worked great...no complaints.

greg_gorrell
11-30-2005, 03:34 PM
yeah exactly, i know a few people that have them and no one has a problem with them. I for one will always buy from white brothers because of their service. i had my pipe for a year and it broke at the cannister. i sent it in and they put a new piece on the back, packing, a brace, and a new badge. not to mention they cleaned the hwole pipe up with a new finish and sent me brand new hex screws. i will never buy and exhaust form another company. this thing looked brand new when i got it back.

TRX_450
12-02-2005, 12:19 PM
i jus bot one last week....:ermm:

12-02-2005, 08:07 PM
im never buying a nuther one. the shop thought i crashed my quad cuz of all the brocken welds. they fixed it for a lil over $100

12-02-2005, 08:08 PM
i heard tc has a breaking problum to.

motochamp250
12-02-2005, 08:32 PM
i heard on tc that the midpipe just wears out fast....

miller821
12-02-2005, 10:40 PM
That really sucks man, but i bought one from sweetquads(site sponsor) and its perfect and its 215 shipped to my door so i got a great deal. I LOVE IT TO

TunedPerforman
12-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Last week I called withe brother's again and ask if the had the part yet! They replyed that now it's never being made again is discontinued so I was out of luck. I asked them what about people that just bought this pipe since it's being sold but not produced and is the 1 year warranty a scam. They then told me send in my s-pipe and they would try to fix it with what they had lying around. I shipped it out last thursday and It came back today the old muffler munus the s-pipe and a brand new pipe free of charge!!! What a hastle but I finally won , Merry Christmass to me!!!

12-22-2005, 08:57 PM
it costed me $80 to get mine welded and it had know troubles after that.

rYan01400EX
12-23-2005, 12:58 PM
A buddy of mine has a White Brothers.. Absolutely nothing but a problem. The lower mount on the S-Pipe broke clean off.. Then the S-Pipe broke away from the back of the canister.. The canister is cracked in 2 places.. Would never own one... With support like that, it just adds to the problem. Congrats on getting everything settled though.