PDA

View Full Version : Time To Bore And Get A New Piston>>>?????

rdmex
06-22-2002, 01:13 PM
aight how do i know when i need a new piston, when i start my bike it blows a bunch of BLUE smoke and once i get it warm it stops and also after i ride it for a while looks like oil coming from the top of the head out of a screw or sumthin but i have to wipe it all off my engine after i get done riding. I just want to know if you think new piston and rings or what cuz if so ima go with a Wiseco 10:1 416 from magicracing think unless you think something else is better but im looking for as cheap as possible. But what do you think about new piston or rings or what do i need to do and why is it doin this. It also doesnt seem to be running at top condition.

400EXPIMP
06-22-2002, 01:20 PM
It seems to me like you blew a head gasket if oil is coming from the head. If it shooting out blue smoke then your rings are shot or your exhaust valve is messed. If you dont know what to do, take it in to somebody who does. Good luck,

leel
06-22-2002, 06:13 PM
Don't know about the leaking oil, but blowing blue smoke for a while after starting the engine, then the smoke stopping after a while is a classic symptom of bad valve guides. The oil leaks from the valve cover area down into the combustion chamber when the engine is off, then gets burned when you start the engine. If the rings were causing the problem, the blue smoke would not stop...

Good luck,
Lorrin