PDA

View Full Version : How are the cheap Elka's?

leel
06-22-2002, 12:57 PM
OK, Maybe I should have asked this before I ordered them. I just ordered the cheaper Elkas (no rezzies) for my son's 400ex from Marcum's. Does any one out there have them and want to tell me how they like them? There were a $100 more than the cheap Works shocks, but he had them in stock, and I figured maybe they would last longer between rebuilds, etc...

Thanks,
Lorrin

cotttonwoody
06-22-2002, 02:33 PM
Hey what elkas did u get? what do they have. I was thinking about getting the cheap elkas too. How much did u get them for?

leel
06-22-2002, 05:59 PM
I was planning on getting the Works triple rates with no rezzies. I ride a lot of mountain trails here in Colorado, but no racing. I called Marcum's and asked if he still gave a discount to EXriders members. He said yes (but I didn't ask exactly what the discount was), and quoted me $350 for the Works shocks, but it was going to take about 4 weeks go get them. I just figured out that my 400ex factory shocks are worn out, (they are hard as a rock, with no rebound damping) so I didn't want to wait 4 weeks. He said that he could get me the "Recreational" Elkas (no rezzies, triple rate, just like the Works) for $450, and could ship them the next day. After I told him how I wanted them set up, he found that he had to order the correct spring, so he'll be shipping them in a few days. He may have given me a discount on the Elkas because I was going blow off ordering the Works shocks from him because of the 4 week wait, but I'm not sure...

Lorrin

forum
06-23-2002, 07:05 PM
the elka's will be alot better then the work's. In my opinion the elka (rec's) with no rezzies would still be better then th works with rezzies. It's all in the valving. Now that i think about it. I know for a fact the elka's are better. I remember ridingg a 400ex with rec elka's. I have works triple rates. I liked the elka's alot better.

ride300exred
06-24-2002, 06:02 PM
cheap :D