PDA

View Full Version : Looney Tuned Duals

vpofthedrc
11-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the Looney Tuned Dual Exhaust setup on a 400EX?

JOEX
11-15-2005, 07:34 PM
I have them but I haven't been able to ride enough to get them dialed in. Bought them used with no instalation or jetting instructions. I also rebuilt the motor at the same time with some hop ups so I don't have an accurate comparison for them. I also had to make use of some zip ties to keep some of the wiring away from the left side and used some heat/reflective tape on the white thing for the crankcase vent (don't remember what it's called). They do sound great have the 'neato' look to them:p

One of the welds broke where the header mounts to the head last Saturdayday:ermm:

jmpulse
11-15-2005, 08:44 PM
I love mine. The power gain, with a quiet good sounding tone is incredible.

11-16-2005, 06:46 AM
i dont know how good they are on a 400ex but on a yfz dual pipes make less power than a single pipe.

vinson581
11-16-2005, 05:25 PM
they are cool but idk if they create enough of a backpressure to keep the motor running at its best. on the dyno the Sparks X6 is still the best, TC right with it and the HMF a close second.

the cool factor is definitely there tho :macho

jmpulse
11-16-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by blue450yo
i dont know how good they are on a 400ex but on a yfz dual pipes make less power than a single pipe.

I have yet to see any proof on this, just a bunch of "experts" claiming this. I would love to see an actual done on the same day same machine dyno runs showing this.

jmpulse
11-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by vinson581
they are cool but idk if they create enough of a backpressure to keep the motor running at its best. on the dyno the Sparks X6 is still the best, TC right with it and the HMF a close second.

the cool factor is definitely there tho :macho

Everything I have ever researched on exhaust systems, is that back pressure is bad. You actually want a system that sucks the spent gasses out of the system. Too big is bad, because velosity drops too much.

trx400exxracer
11-16-2005, 06:57 PM
there are like some 400ex lte duals for sale in the honda parts for sale section for only like $500 and it comes with the aluminum airbox and batterie and k&n filter check it out