PDA

View Full Version : need answer ASAP! -> lugnuts??

reichart90
11-15-2005, 04:31 PM
alright i'm about to order some wheels/tires.
i'm getting a mx set-up. i do not race.. just do 75% of my riding on a track. (i have a set of razr2's to keep for the trail and paddles for the snow). i want this smaller setup as to not bog down my 400ex.

i'm going with holeshot mx 20x6x10 w/ itp black c-series on the front and gbc shredder r/a 18x9.5x8 w/ itp black bajas on the back (im gettin the shredders for $22/piece lol and for as much riding as i do, its all i need haha.)

the question-> what style lugnuts do both of these types of wheels take? tapered or flat?? the pictures look like tapered but im not real sure.

also any last remarks if this setup is not the way to go? i ride like twice a month. haha... but its not my fault, im stationed 250 miles away from my quad and only get home like 2 times a month if im lucky.

thanks

oh yeah, theres my crash pic of u need a good laugh. haha. yeah i dumped it a second after the pic was taken.

Sjorge450R
11-15-2005, 04:57 PM
as far as I know, they need the flat lugnuts. I had to by a set for my douglas wheels and they are ITP lugs so my guess would be that they need the flat. Dont hold me to it though, just double check with the company you are buying from.

reichart90
11-15-2005, 05:23 PM
i have the chrome flat ones for my douglas .190s. the T-9s use the flat lugs too. the c-series look like tapered in the pics. hmmm

Honda#4
11-17-2005, 11:39 AM
the c series uses tapered nuts im pretty sure.

motoboy66
11-18-2005, 06:45 PM
just turn your stock ones upsidedown to use the flat side if needed.

aviator4
11-18-2005, 09:59 PM
THe C-Series are definatley a tapered lug. This is what I have my paddles mounted on. They are also a major PITA to get mounted up, so be ready.

Also, they are HEAVY wheels, so take the jumps easy until you're familiar with them!

AtvMxRider
11-19-2005, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by motoboy66
just turn your stock ones upsidedown to use the flat side if needed.

Exactly you don't need to buy any just use your stock lugnuts

reichart90
11-19-2005, 08:54 AM
i guess my wheels came in. i have them sent to my parents house in PA. too bad i couldnt go home this weekend... the navys giving me a few days off for thanksgiving though. i plan on using the stock lug nuts. i guess ill put several light layers of black paint on them even though i know it wont last at all... actually like the first time i put a socket on em haha. i dont plan on getting those nice chrome tapered ones... not sure how that would look on black wheels. im thnkin i made a mistake getting the c-series... we'll see though. probably should have spent a little more and upgraded. oh well, i'll let ya know if i destroy them on the track next time i go.

best beer ever made... by the way