PDA

View Full Version : is it good?

chrisl
11-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Can the 450r be used as a trail quad? I ride gravel pits doing climbs and what now, but also ride a lot of open and tight forest trails. Rode a 400ex and it wasn't enough power for what I wanted, so is the 450r any good for this type or riding? If not any suggestions would be appreciated!

MAD450r
11-15-2005, 01:15 PM
I run stock gearing. I rode a freinds 05 450r this weekend its pretty much bone stock but he runs 13/39 gearing. When he first told me what he put on for gearing I said thats going to suck. We messed aroud dragging in a feild this weekend, 1-3rd he is with me everytime. After that I pull hard.

I prefer to ride in the open feilds due to my bad vision so I like the stock gearing alot. Need to get some new pic's from my freind. He took a few with his digi so I will get some pic's up.

red2004 TRX450R
11-15-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by chrisl
Can the 450r be used as a trail quad? I ride gravel pits doing climbs and what now, but also ride a lot of open and tight forest trails. Rode a 400ex and it wasn't enough power for what I wanted, so is the 450r any good for this type or riding? If not any suggestions would be appreciated!

only one word

YES