PDA

View Full Version : Bayou 220 Valves????

captainmike
11-15-2005, 07:48 AM
i have a 01' bayou 220 that has been through hell and has climbed back out but not without any scars....i have a beautiful clicking sound when the engine is running and sound speeds up with speed of engine...People have told me it is my valves which i tend to believe them...i took the engine out and and head of engine.Then i took the valve covers off and thats where i stand...I don't know if i need to adjust them or get new ones...they are a little caked up on the outside but they might be able to be cleaned i udunno. If it needs to be adjusted can someone tell me how to do it and the measurements needed for my quad and what kind of tools i need....thanks alot...if anyone would like to talk to me personaly just (im) me on aim (swishr1)

PEACE

captainmike
11-16-2005, 06:32 AM
i just went to the nearest atv shop in my area and they want to charge me over 100 dollars to just look at it...they said that they would start off by checking for a leak to see if the seals are shot...Does anyone know how to do that so i can save some money...