PDA

View Full Version : Splippery rock PA

Creech52
11-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Anyone ride at slippery rock dunes? Seems like a cool place to ride. Never rode there but looks cool and some friends said its pretty kick a**. Check it out at www.slipperyrockdunes.com 13 bucks to ride with hill climbs, practice track,flat track races, and 3 miles of trails that are expanding weekly.

11-14-2005, 09:47 PM
i have been there once...the 3 mile trail they have is essentioally a lot of back and fourth and not a whole loet of fun...when i was there, there were too many rocks and root in the turns, you couldn't really slide the rear end around...the mx track was fun 'casue i had never really ridden on one before...i don't think it would be a challenge for anybdoy who races regularly, but for us novice guys, it is cool...

ask hondaridrlife and xx300riderexx(names might not be exact, but close) about it..they live real close and go there a few times a month

11-16-2005, 01:23 PM
Ive been there.. i live in harrisville n go to Slippery Rock High School

Who are u guys.. im sure we live pretty close

11-16-2005, 01:33 PM
i live in Oil City, not that far from ya...

xx3003xrdrxx
11-16-2005, 02:05 PM
i actually was offered a job there and occasionally get discounts when i go im there so much over the summer . Its really not that great , most of the time when we go there we ride the track and we have all mastered and perfected every single jump by so much we have started trying stuff to make it challenging by trying stuff like no footers and freestyle over the biggest jump they have . The funnest jump there is the downhill double , and if you arent good on a track and dont jump much you wont have the kahunnas to do it. The rest of the track is pretty week , no whoops, no doubles. Its a joke really . The trails are MUCH nicer than they were , they are actually very nice now , very tight , some places to open them up bigtime. Theres 2 hills that are hard there , one is impossible and no1 has done it all summer because it is so rutted out , and the other is a steep sand hill that is only hard becasue you spinn and loose traction . As for the flat track , you arent aloud to just ride the nice flattrack they have races on , they have another one down in a big sand field that you are allowed to ride on . I hope this pretty much sums it up , the dunes is a nice place if you are a novice rider , but if you are anything above that skill level you will get bored very fast .

11-16-2005, 02:33 PM
me and lonestar were novice riders that day and still got bored kinda fast...we made one loop on the trails and then hit the trak for about 10 or 15 broken laps...and like he said, the downhill double is kinda scary if you aint used to doing that sort of thing...i know by the time i was done doing the trail, the arm pump was happening pretty bad and i wasn't feeling it, so i bagged that one...next time there..i am hitting it on the first lap

xx3003xrdrxx
11-16-2005, 04:30 PM
the downhill is really ***** now that ive rode at other mx tracks tho , its like 40 feet ... Make it fun by freestyling over it ! :p

11-16-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by xx3003xrdrxx
the downhill is really ***** now that ive rode at other mx tracks tho , its like 40 feet ... Make it fun by freestyling over it ! :p

I was one of the first ppl to do that chit.. they over watered a burm n i spun out with the quad on top of me n couldnt get it off n when i finally got it off me i did that jump then quit for awhile cuz i was shaking like crazy lol

I was doing huge no footers over it by the end of the day

I hung around the pit a lot n dragged ppl n just showed off riding wheelies across the whole thing lol

11-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
me and lonestar were novice riders that day and still got bored kinda fast...we made one loop on the trails and then hit the trak for about 10 or 15 broken laps...and like he said, the downhill double is kinda scary if you aint used to doing that sort of thing...i know by the time i was done doing the trail, the arm pump was happening pretty bad and i wasn't feeling it, so i bagged that one...next time there..i am hitting it on the first lap

Ive been telling Lonestar R we need to ride when my legs better, sounds like ur in too

N big Chris on his new 250 lol

Davey wavey, Brian n whoever else wants to go

Maybe do the dunes, or just ride at my place.. i guarantee wed have twice as much fun at my place i have a lot to do

Damn.. wish this focker would heal :devil:

xx3003xrdrxx
11-16-2005, 08:20 PM
ima show you what this little 2 stroke can do