PDA

View Full Version : CRF Ignition plus cam. Whats best?

riding4JC
11-14-2005, 08:17 PM
I'm thinking about getting the CRF Ignition and a cam. Wondering what cam would go best with this ignition. I will be racing manly MX along with arena cross. Right now I have a full HMF exhaust, filter, and jet kit on my 450R. Thanks.

RedRacer44
11-15-2005, 12:00 PM
Just from my experience on bikes that I have ridden, I'd say go with a cam that caters to the mid-top end....it will compliment the CRF ignition nicely.

I've ridden a TRX with the Stage2 HotCam, MegaCycle X2, and a WebCam......all with CRF ignition. They all ripped.....

A good guy to talk to about the CRF ignition would be Johnny at JH Racing...he uses the CRF ignition in a lot in their race motors they build. He could tell you more.....his number is 918-371-0101.

OKTRX450R
11-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Does JH Racing have a webpage? Thanks...

RedRacer44
11-15-2005, 05:44 PM
The link to his website is in my signature.....

eastside 400
11-15-2005, 06:01 PM
if you do a cam and CRF ignition do you need new valve springs?? i would think you would cuz of the high RPMS, would a piston make it need springs even more?? im planning on getting the ignition and a cam and piston but i cant afford springs right now. what kind of springs should i get if i do

R3Concepts
11-15-2005, 07:22 PM
If its not a huge lift cam the springs will just drag HP..If its over .400 of lift then it would be a good idea if you are a rev limiter rider.

TT sells the best CRF ign. setup we have found, no timing changes, which is a good thing, also they will allow the fan and lighting with the 90 watt stator rewind...

The CRF ign. is a bottom end mod..Go with a CRF cam or the HotCam Stage 2 to compliment it, arena cross I would run the CRF cam, due to even more bottom end then the HC for the tighter stuff, like 90 degree or 180 turns to a good size double, make sure you have enough bottom to get over it.