PDA

View Full Version : PEP or Elka

06-22-2002, 08:43 AM
I am looking to get some shocks soon because my stock ones can't handle my ramping needs. I wanna start MX racing at the local track with my 250R. I really like the PEP ZPS shocks but someone told me that the Elka Triple rates w/no preload, comp and rebound adj were better, is that so? Whats everyone opinion on PEP and ELKA shocks. Thanks,

AirManDan

1986/1988 TRX250R, 1988 Engine and Swing Arm, 1986 Frame, bored 40 over, V-Force Reeds, ESR TRX-6 Pipe, ESR Silencer, Keihen 36mm carb, Sidewinder Sprockets, Hinson Clutch Basket, K&N air filter, Nac's Case Saver, TM Designs Chain Slider, Renthal Handlebars, CR250 Clutch lever and Perch, Lonestar Supertwin bearing carrier, Pro Design Kill Switch, Pro Design Power Shifter, Shredders all around on Douglas red labels, Clarke 4 gallon tank, and just bought some GBC Sand Devil Paddles on ITP rims.

Future Mods: The NEW Shiny Orange or Silver Maier plastic, new seat, RPM Dominator +4 axle, RPM Hubs, JD Performance +2+1 a-arms, PEP or Elka Suspension, and those carbon fiber rims made by Hiper Technology.

kabd69667
06-22-2002, 09:25 AM
I don't even wanna start this kind of thread again. If you use the search feature there are atleast 10 threads of 5 or more pages about elka and pep shocks. I love my elkas, i don't know if i'd consider them better than pep, but they get the job done and they were cheaper than the peps.

Dave400ex
06-22-2002, 09:53 AM
There was a Big Thread called "PEP ZPS or Elka Triple Rates with SSD and Comp. Adjust". That should answer all your Questions.

Nausty
06-22-2002, 01:33 PM
do a search and you will find all the information you could use

airheadedduner
06-23-2002, 11:47 PM
I'm sorry but do you eat rocks or something? I am so tired of hearing PEP,Elka, and Axis together in the same sentince that I think i'm gonna blow. You are asking for an opinion, call each manufacturer and talk to them. The one that best seems to be able to fulfill what you want is who you should go with. I would also consider tcs.