PDA

View Full Version : When does your tree go up?

wilkin250r
11-14-2005, 09:57 AM
When do you put up your Christmas tree? Most go up a couple weeks before Christmas, I know a few people that get an early jump and put up their tree the day after Thanksgiving.

What's your tradition? Real tree or fake? Does your choice in the type of tree affect when you put your tree up?

dopeyferree
11-14-2005, 10:23 AM
My wife starts putting our tree up on Thanksgiving night and it is usually completely up by friday evening.

tater_kamik
11-14-2005, 10:49 AM
i never get to do a tree because im always deployed over christmas:ermm: but, we always did a live tree at my moms, and a fake one at my dad's. we usually started decorating about a week after thanksgiving. i havent been able to do my own at my place, maybe one day.

parkers30
11-14-2005, 10:54 AM
wheneever we have time :rolleyes:

usually couple weekends before christmas, only real trees for us, always been something we do as a family to go choose and cut down a tree at the tree farm

I think we normally just get a basic white pine, we have gotten others types too, but usually don't

11-14-2005, 11:03 AM
We put ours up like a week before Christmas, its always a real tree too.

derekhonda
11-14-2005, 11:17 AM
fake-thanksgiving weekend

wilkin250r
11-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Hmm, sounds like I'm the only one, then. :ermm:

My girfriend is a little "funny" about Christmas. Our tree went up yesterday.

Scro
11-14-2005, 11:25 AM
I am planning on putting mine up this weekend if time permits. Fake trees are the way to go, as long as they are full and not too fake looking.:)

400exrules
11-14-2005, 12:05 PM
day of thanksgiving, every year

fake tree because when i was young i was allergic:ermm:

Killa250ex
11-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Usually after thanksgiving

I have a few to choose from in the back yard...my front yard is no better :rolleyes:

Killa250ex
11-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Back in 2002...

The entire Yard is now full!

Got this pic from Terraserver

Honda4trax250x
11-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
Usually after thanksgiving

I have a few to choose from in the back yard...my front yard is no better :rolleyes:

put a sign out front and sell some of those SOBs

TCracin440ex
11-14-2005, 12:30 PM
to be honest with you....proally the first week of December

we have done the real tree thing for almost 7 years now and frankly we got tired of it....

first pain in the @ss is to go pick out a tree and chop it down.

Second pain in the @*** is getting it home...putting it in the house finding out that its 3ft too tall...take it outside, saw off how ever much it is too tall....put it back inside...find out its STILL too tall...drag it outside again, saw off a few more inches and limbs. Put it back inside...see that its YET still too tall. Take it outside and trim it down one last. Finally it fits.

Third pain in the @ss is after we get the tree inside and put it in the stand...the base is too small and will not support the weight. I swear those stands must be made for charlie brown christmas trees. Well we finally with our luck get the tree to stand on its own, but. about a few hours later we here crash. The damn tree has done fallen. We put it back up. Then proceed to decorate it. Well after we decorate it. It decides that it dont want to stand no more so CRASH right back to the ground again, and this happens atleast 9 or 10 more times within the month of december.

By the time the 25th rolls arround im ready to take the tree, the presents, and everything on the tree outside, toss it in the yard, douse it in gas and just let it burn

I HATE CHRISTMAS BA HUMBUG!!

Our family fights like cats and dogs during the month of december. Nobody is happy with the gifts they get on the 25th. With the tree being the big PITA that it is. Everybody is just frustrated.

We are going to start doing the fake christmas tree thing tho. so we can skip problems mentioned above with the tree.

If i ever make the mistake of accidently having kids. I will never celebrate christmas due to the fact that i just hate it, and it will save me alot of money too. They will wonder why that they will be out of school for 2 weeks in december. ill just tell them that its a teachers work month or something. but i dont plan on having kids so this shouldnt be a problem

to answer your question wilkin....about the first week of december

Tommy 17
11-14-2005, 12:37 PM
^ can we say anger management!!! haha

we do fake because of all the allergies and stuff that come off the real trees... we did real trees till i was 17...

we usually put ours up like a week after x-mas...

heres a good one... does everyones tree have like a certain matching color scheme with all the same color bulbs or do u do the random ornaments??? we do the random thing!

400exrules
11-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
^ can we say anger management!!! haha

we do fake because of all the allergies and stuff that come off the real trees... we did real trees till i was 17...

we usually put ours up like a week after x-mas...

heres a good one... does everyones tree have like a certain matching color scheme with all the same color bulbs or do u do the random ornaments??? we do the random thing!

we have all kinds of random ornaments, we have disney ones that my parents and grandmother collected for me and my sister, with all the disney characters......we also have ornaments we made in school when we were real little, my parents have ornaments for their anniversary's...etc.

oh and we put some of the regular colored balls up too, and sometimes the little plastic ice sicles(sp?) too, they look cool

z400roosteR
11-14-2005, 01:33 PM
about 2 weeks before the 25th, we went fake for the last three years cause all the other years that we had a real one my brother complained of the spiders and me and my dad got tired of him whining to us at 2 in the morning to come in the bathroom or his room to kill a spider. So we went fake:ermm:

wilkin250r
11-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Growing up, it was always a real tree, put up a couple weeks before Christmas. We usually did random decorations, but on occasion we would do color themes.

Now, with my girlfriend, it's always a fake tree, but it's put up really early, generally within a week after Halloween. This year would have been the same, but we went out of town, so we're a little late this year, the tree didn't go up until this last weekend.

For decoration, it's always the random thing, but each and every ornament my girlfriend has is sentimental, so it's sort of a "sentimantal theme". Lots of Disney.

I expect the Christmas Village to go up sometime this week.

Quad18star
11-14-2005, 01:48 PM
My mom loves Christmas and goes all out . Last year she put up the tree the day after Remembrance Day ( Veteran's Day for you folks) . At the house she has a 9 foot tall tree.. it's an artificial tree .

At the cottage we usually put up a real tree maybe a week before christmas . Last year it was a real Charlie Brown tree .... real small little thing maybe 2 feet high with only a few little branches . We sat it in a water jug used for camping to keep it standing up . :devil:

This year I don't think my GF and I will put up a tree ... our apartment is just too small . :(

250xridamatt
11-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
My mom loves Christmas and goes all out . Last year she put up the tree the day after Remembrance Day ( Veteran's Day for you folks) . At the house she has a 9 foot tall tree.. it's an artificial tree .

At the cottage we usually put up a real tree maybe a week before christmas . Last year it was a real Charlie Brown tree .... real small little thing maybe 2 feet high with only a few little branches . We sat it in a water jug used for camping to keep it standing up . :devil:

This year I don't think my GF and I will put up a tree ... our apartment is just too small . :(

No need for a big place, just go get one of those mini fiber optic ones and set it on a desk or counter.

Quad18star
11-14-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
No need for a big place, just go get one of those mini fiber optic ones and set it on a desk or counter.

Ya I told that to my GF .... she said it's just not the same and I kind of agree with her . I'm used to the big tree with all the decorations and stuff ... having a small little sucker just wouldn't be the same . Doesn't really matter anyways ... we'll be spending a week up at the cottage for christmas ( get there a few days before x-mas) and will be spending some time up at her parents place .

wilkin250r
11-14-2005, 02:05 PM
My girlfriend's sister has a cat that I hate.

I think I'll put a catnip ornament deep inside the upstairs Christmas tree. My girlfriend's mother is a little funny about her tree, that cat will be gone in a week. :devil:

Quad18star
11-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
My girlfriend's sister has a cat that I hate.

I think I'll put a catnip ornament deep inside the upstairs Christmas tree. My girlfriend's mother is a little funny about her tree, that cat will be gone in a week. :devil:

Just put a little catnip around the plug in connection for the tree lights .... it'll solve all your problems . You might need to change a fuse in your pannel box when the cat gets fried .... but what's 3 dollars for a fuse anyways ?? :devil:

87250rxrider
11-14-2005, 02:13 PM
we put up our tree anywhere from 2-3 weeks before x-mas. i work at a X-mas tree farm here, so i can get my tree anytime i want to. the tree farm i work at is one of the biggest in CT, and we get people from all around buying trees here. if you live in CT or any state near CT than u probably know which x-mas tree farm i work at.

mrusk
11-14-2005, 05:18 PM
We do a real tree and put it up the 2nd weekend of dec and keep it up till the 1st week of januarary.

My whole family used to go cut down the tree, but now my parents just go alone. My dad was always too anal about finding the perfect tree that me and my siblings would just get pissed off. Hell they all look the same once you slap on 50 lbs of decorations.

Christmas is just a pain in the ***. Unless you have a big house you have to rearange half your furniture to get the tree in the room!

I really ain't into x-mas anymore. My parents only buy my little sister gifts anymore. I make decent money, i don't need my parents buying me stuff. They already do enough for me. I can afford to buy my own socks and underwear.

400exrules
11-14-2005, 05:19 PM
UH OH!!!!!

scratch my first post.......my mom said she wants to start puttin it all up this wed. :huh :eek2: :eek: !!!!:confused:

wtf.....lol she's crazy

MotoX3
11-14-2005, 05:20 PM
Every morning......

Usually a few days after Thanksgiving:devil:

TM426
11-14-2005, 06:45 PM
You know there are other nationalities on exriders. Im sure they celebrate different holidays. This kinda leaves them out. We need to incorperate those or NONE AT ALL. :rolleyes: :chinese:

J/K I couldnt resist with all the whining that goes on from other religions. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL. (Its up after thanks giving)

redlineranger
11-14-2005, 07:17 PM
bout 3 days after thanksgiving, fake tree

Doober
11-14-2005, 07:20 PM
fake tree and we put it the weekend after thanksgiving.

trx400exxracer
11-14-2005, 07:22 PM
our tree ussually we either get it thanksgiving day or a couple days after and we go cut ours down from a christmas tree farm

TheFontMaster
11-14-2005, 08:22 PM
We use a fake tree, my parents got tired of the real trees about 5 or 6 years ago. It was just too much of a hassle, finding the tree, getting it to stay on the little car we had at the time, all the pine needles everywhere, etc. Our tree goes up the day after thanksgiving. Me and my dad's tradition (mom hates it) is we always put my grandfather's Lionel train from the 1920's or 30's under the tree. 2 years ago my mom and sister went to arizona for Christmas with my aunt and uncle. Me and my dad put the train going around the whole family room, about 60 feet of track, yea my mom loved walking into the house and seeing that:o

prepracing
11-14-2005, 08:48 PM
have always had a real tree and usually put it up day or so after thanksgiving. My neighbors put theirs up before halloween :confused: