PDA

View Full Version : were are the Whale pipes?

trxkruzoffman
11-13-2005, 09:14 PM
does anybody no were i can get a whale pipe for a 250R???

JTRtrx250r
11-13-2005, 09:45 PM
I think it was CT w/ the original true whale pipe, FTZ has a pretty sweet fat pipe too, cant speak for CT but I know FTZ makes things pull real hard!:devil:

kwatts400
11-14-2005, 12:48 AM
ESR has a pretty nice "whale pipe" too.

wilkin250r
11-14-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
I think it was CT w/ the original true whale pipe, FTZ has a pretty sweet fat pipe too, cant speak for CT but I know FTZ makes things pull real hard!:devil:

I'm not an expert on every single brand and pipe ever created, but from the info I could gather, the FTZ is nearly identical to the original Whale pipe.

JTRtrx250r
11-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I'm not an expert on every single brand and pipe ever created, but from the info I could gather, the FTZ is nearly identical to the original Whale pipe. Im sure they are pretty close, but Ive heard the same about the ESR and FMF:rolleyes: porting/motor work-wise... FTZ SMOKES CT!!

250r4life
11-14-2005, 03:58 PM
i was down at the dunes this weekend, and shootin the hill, and this atc 250r rolls up to race... he has his motor all polished and has a big swing arm and has a huge ol' whale type drage pipe. i mean this pipe is absolutely huge... i'll race anybody, regardless of if i have a chance or not just cuz i love to race and love the competition.. i figure he had some serious work done and would probably get me... we take off and i completely pull away from him... ive got a 20 yard lead by the time he is through the whoops, and looked back and figured he'd probably turn it on and would start gaining on me... didnt happen, in fact i pulled away as we both went up the hill... well, as i was cruising down the hill he hurried down to catch up with me and said he wanted to race again... i figured he had had a bad run or was just teasing with me, and it would be a lot better race this time... sure enough, i completely smoked him every other time we raced... i was pretty dissapointed though, he had his bike looking like it screamed and had the biggest 250r pipe i have ever seen, and he was slower than crap... maybe thats why a lot of these guys say that 250rs are slow, cuz of POS ones like that... sorry, i'm not answering your question, but the fact he had a huge pipe reminded me...

deathman53
11-14-2005, 04:23 PM
I probably didn't know how to ride the bike. maybe his porting was way off for the pipe, he could have had a stock carb??? who knows, probably bad rider. I know a guy with a whale pipe on his atc250r and he can't ride the bike to save his life. he hasn't started the bike in nearly 2 years, but he absolutley needs to take it out of the trailer to show it off. Well, I get more attention on my trike than his trike gets because I ride mine just like the rest of the quad guys, doing almost all the same jumps, and even keeping up with some of them.

gumby2461
11-14-2005, 05:28 PM
uhm can someone post a pic of a "whale pipe" ...(sorry newb question)

trxkruzoffman
11-14-2005, 08:38 PM
i've noticed that nobody selles them anymore is there a company that does or can i find one anywere??