PDA

View Full Version : shaved fenders

440exnacsracer
06-21-2002, 10:42 PM
if i shave my fenders, will it through alot of dirt and rocks up at me? quads look better with shaved fenders, but i do alot of high speed trail ridin and rocks and a little mud could be a problem...maybe?:huh ?

Brandon Waller
06-21-2002, 10:53 PM
it all depends on what kinda conditions. it really doesn't throw as muich as people think. ull only get REALLY dirty (like Nausty):blah if its rainin men so it willsling some extra dirtbut nuthin wecant handle cause gettin down and dirty is all the fun right?
Brandon

kc 300EX
06-21-2002, 11:08 PM
I shaved my fenders, and Like brandon said, it all depends on the conditions. I like the look of my quad with cut fenders, I like jumping and being able too see the wheels, I really like when I wheely being able to see in fron of me a little better, For me rocks arent a problem and I ride all powerlines wich are all gravel, My front tires dont throw up the rocks............The only time I miss my fenders is when its wet out and theres a lot of water, slamming a puddle at 40 SUCKS with no front fenders, thats the only downfall of cut fenders i think

440exnacsracer
06-22-2002, 07:49 PM
thanks. i saw the supertrapp 500ex - liquid cooled which is obviously custom made and he had cut his fenders, then drilled three holes in it so he could bolt the fenders back on for wet conditions. is this a good idea and has anyone tried it?

06-22-2002, 07:53 PM
Actually he did not cut, they are call maier race cuts with add ons ;)

stocktires
06-22-2002, 08:19 PM
EXracer is right.

Shaved front are awesome!!! I can stand riding my 300ex (non-shaved). Being able to see the wheels and a-arms is awesome! Its great everywhere, except like kc 300ex said, puddles will get ya really wet! You should like it, I only know one person that doesnt.

RytM1
06-22-2002, 08:53 PM
I just shaved my fenders this week after finshing the 416 kit. I don't think that it will be that much of a difference, I have done some riding in some muddy conditions with full fenders, and I was covered in less than 10 minutes.

06-23-2002, 03:20 PM
dont shave them if you ride in any mud cond. period
it sucks

06-23-2002, 07:05 PM
Shaver them off. Don't worry about the mud. It doesn't even make that much of a difference. Only when you go throught mud and turn your tires then it hits your chest and arms but that never happens. You can know where you are much bvetter with them cut.

Like Nike- "Just Do it"

440exnacsracer
06-23-2002, 08:46 PM
i was trying to get enough people to say it was a good thing... i wanted to convince my dad...but it didnt work. he'll let me do basically anything else, but not this. thanks anyway. ill talk him into it one day:D

Quadfather
06-23-2002, 08:46 PM
I installed race cut plastic a couple weeks ago. I regretted it five minutes into my first ride with them. Let me tell you, you get ten times muddier. They look great, but if you ride in anything that closely resembles mud, they are totally non-functional. I had to stop and clean my goggles every five minutes, if that long. It really blew big time. In fact, the minute I got home from the first ride, I was on the phone ordering the fender kit.

06-23-2002, 08:56 PM
i ride in mostly dry conditons and love em.

440exnacsracer
06-23-2002, 10:49 PM
thanks quadfather, i ride in alot of moist dirt and some mud so maybe it isnt a good idea. exracer...nice quad and thanks,, but at the bottom, it says future mods: whatever breaks" well id change that to "whatever breaks and whatever goes bald" and get some new tires, i rode on mine till they were bald and ordered some bandits and it was like i bolted on 20hp!

06-24-2002, 08:27 AM
i hate it when people tell me my tires are bald, there not, they are just dirty and look bald. lata ;)

airheadedduner
06-24-2002, 10:17 AM
If your dad won't let you cut them then try to pick up a set of maier race cut fronts. I have 3 sets of plastic for different conditions. MY maier race cut yellow for the dunes, maier race cut white numbered for the track, and a full sset of stock plastic. I don't get that dirty and I have road a couple of really loose wet tracks. You can get cheap body work off ebay if money is an issue. I cut my rear fenders too cause they get in the way of my boots when I move around.