PDA

View Full Version : pipe

oj250r
11-13-2005, 03:46 PM
here ya go andy....what should i do...

11-14-2005, 05:46 AM
If you're going to redo your swingarm with powdercoat I would recommend making a new mount on your subframe and remove the lower one from the stock EX exhaust. Just make sure that you keep a rubber bushing between the silencer and it's mounting bolt. It's looking good!

oj250r
11-14-2005, 07:18 PM
so i should weld something where the pipe is now and bolt it to it...correct?? if so it kinda gonna be hard cause i dont have a welder and i dont really know of anyone with one,,,thats why i asked if it would hurt to drill a hole in the subframe and bolt it to it...what would it hurt???i got some more parts on the floor and waiting on a check to go ahead order everything else....

11-14-2005, 07:56 PM
If you mark it and send it to me I will TIG weld it in for you for $20. I will need the measurement of how far below the very top of the subframe it is and put a mark exactly above where the pipe should mount on the subframe. I'll use MS paint on your picture to show you exactly what i need.

11-14-2005, 08:02 PM
Here is a better explanation

oj250r
11-14-2005, 08:08 PM
man to be honest i dont kow if i want to ship my sub frame cause it was a ***** to get it on and i kinda just dont feel like shipping something else off cause i cant figure it out...you have any other suggestions??? but what would it hurt for me to drill a hole in my subframe and mount it....it seems strong enough...

NaiLBoMB64
11-14-2005, 08:10 PM
DG working out nice for me
jet and air box made her sing
out !~!!!!!!!!:eek2:

11-14-2005, 08:35 PM
You can get an Adel clamp from a local truck store. It's a clamp that has a rubber grommet around it and a hole in the other end. It's just a big loop with a hole.

oj250r
11-14-2005, 08:45 PM
that is what i have been thinkin about for the last 30 min but i didnt know where to get one or if anybody made one...ummmmm dont mean to seem like im an idiot but i just really dont have time or anything to get it... so i woud greatly apperciate if you could get one for me and add it to my bill...ummm about how much has my tab got up to be....thanks

11-15-2005, 07:05 AM
That's no problem. I'll throw one in with your swingarm. I didn't get it yesterday either. Did you send it through the postal service or UPS? I don't know what your bill is up to since my computer completely crashed last week and I've been reentering over 1 months worth of bills, receipts, and payments for a couple of days now. You have the 400ex boot and a couple other small things, but can't think of it right now. What was it that I had in stock I was suppose to throw in for around $5? I've been lost without my computer!

Andy

oj250r
11-15-2005, 05:10 PM
its an exhaust clamp for my pipe and the clamp thing that you showed me last nite, stud and bolt for my exhaust, boot for my air box, chain guide for swing arm and for you to cut my motor bushings...i think that is it....

11-15-2005, 07:09 PM
I got everything except the boot today and the chain guide will be drop shipped directly to you.

oj250r
11-15-2005, 07:23 PM
kewl beans... so you got my swing arm today???

11-16-2005, 04:28 AM
I still didn't get it. Did you send it through the postal service? I have a package waiting to be picked up there I know.

oj250r
11-16-2005, 08:20 PM
ya im pretty sure thats how my mom shipped it....

11-17-2005, 04:27 PM
I got it today. I think Walsh gave you the wrong inserts for the back of your motor! And the post office must have played soccer with your swingarm because the chain guide holder is bent on it. I got all of your parts in the mail. I'll call Walsh tomorrow and see what the deal is.

oj250r
11-17-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by ab****
I got it today. I think Walsh gave you the wrong inserts for the back of your motor! And the post office must have played soccer with your swingarm because the chain guide holder is bent on it. I got all of your parts in the mail. I'll call Walsh tomorrow and see what the deal is.

kewl beans......sounds good to me...