PDA

View Full Version : How dumb do you have to be, especially when Crown Royal is one of your main sponsors?

Guy400
11-13-2005, 12:28 PM
I've never liked this guy from the day he put his butt in a Cup car and this just reinforces my opinion.

http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/cup/11/13/bc.car.nascar.buschout.ap/index.html

Too bad Jimmy Spencer didn't put him out of Cup racing for good when he jacked him in the mouth.

MOFO
11-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Chagolla said the deputy smelled alcohol on Busch, but the driver refused to perform standard field sobriety tests. Busch did submit to a field breath alcohol test, disclosing the presence of alcohol.

The deputy drove Busch to the raceway, where a sheriff's facility is located, to administer another breath test but the machine there failed. The deputy then decided to cite Busch for reckless driving and he was released, Chagolla said.

Sure looks like he got away with a DUI. Yea, the machine just failed to work.... :rolleyes:

MotoX3
11-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Wow....Id probably cry if Crown Royal sponsered me..

Guy400
11-13-2005, 01:01 PM
Kurt Busch was just interviewed on NBC and he did sound like he was going to cry at the end:D

dangle
11-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Somebody interviewed him a couple months back... like dateline or some show like that... basically he boohooed and wimpered for 2 hours about not understanding why people hate him.... wonder why :rolleyes: .... Actions speak louder than words...

Mike

CHAR250R
11-13-2005, 07:23 PM
He's a clown.

culookn
11-13-2005, 07:50 PM
thats why you should be a DEI fan, even though they had a crappy year.

Martin Blair
11-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Ill be honest with you, I dont like nascar in general.

honda350r
11-13-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Martin Blair
Ill be honest with you, I dont like nascar in general.

I agree with you ! Plus I have way too many teeth to be a real fan !!

Smoker
11-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by honda350r

Nice! Nascar is alright, nothing to get too excited about, there are tons of much more interesting forms of motorsports I would rather watch. Yeah, Busch is an idiot, your in the public eye like that, have good sponsors and you tear around like an idiot and insult cops, what did he expect?

jwick07
11-14-2005, 07:25 AM

This is becomming a very false statement of nascar fans today! The sport is the fastest growing form of professional entertainment today. It generates millions of dollars for every city that it comes to each weekend. Has a larger TV viewing audience weekly than any other sport. Just look at how much money companies throw in to the sport. Each car is about near one million dollars and each team has around 9 of them. Its true that the sport was started by moon shine runners and has it roots back to the good ole' boys of the south but with tracks popping up all accross the country begging to get a race scheduled there must mean that the popularity of the sport is outragious. The Daytona race track seats over 100,000 people in the grand stands not to mention the thousands in the infeild, what other event draws that much attention.. Open wheel racing such as the IRL struggles to turn profit and keep drawing fan support. I think this is a result of not enough American drivers today so the viewing public has lost intrest. What is there race schedule, 14 events I think...NASCAR has 32 a year, the season runs from Feb-November that is amazing, and each weekend that stands are packed. It is truely a pure american sport even with Toyota comming aboard because most Toyotas sold in America are made in America anyway.

I've been a fan for as long as I can remember and will always be.

bwamos
11-14-2005, 09:14 AM
I personally like Rally Cars.. but that's probably just the ATV rider in me. ;)

Smoker
11-14-2005, 09:45 AM
I like the Rally too, I'm a fan of Solberg. I agree, IRL and what used to be Indy dried up in America due to the lack of American drivers. Although Danica Patrick is a cutie.

dober250R
11-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Danica Patrick..............shaaaaaaaaawing!!! sorry, wayne's world was on tv this weekend

Bush0102
11-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Kurt Busch is a jackass. He doesn't deserve Rusty's ride.

I'm a huge fan of his brother though. Kyle is an upstanding guy and a future series champion. He'll be a contender to make the chase next year.

jwick07
11-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
He doesn't deserve Rusty's ride.

I'm a huge fan of his brother though. Kyle is an upstanding guy and a future series champion. He'll be a contender to make the chase next year.

I feel the same way, to repalce an icon of the sport and a true class act, a driver that is respected by all competitors with Bush is sad. However it will be slightly intresting to see how the offseason switching will work out now. This is the most big name drivers hoping teams ever.

dudeonit
11-14-2005, 11:37 AM
I lost all respect for Dumbo when he caused the crash in the 2000 Daytona truck race that almost killed Geoff Bodine. It's been downhill since then. If he were not so disliked and didn't mouth off, he would not be in the position he is presently in.

GOOD LUCK ROGER!!!!!!!!

And Kyle is just like his brother but was "groomed" by the Hendrick people to say the right things and keep his mouth shut.

RaptorRacer45
11-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Kurt still has alot 2 learn, Kyles attitude is defently alot better and he's been more respectful than Kurt ever was.........I would rather see Rudd in the 2 but hey atleast Kurt will be in a Dodge....anyway Bobbyl Labonte is in the 43 next year, and that kicks ***:D

jwick07
11-14-2005, 01:20 PM
True that Rudd is a great person and well liked but his prime has long since past and he wants to slow down a bit, not speed wise but to enjoy family. He has started every race in 21 years!!!!! Im not quite 25years old yet and that number or feat is amazing. The sponsors put a lot of pressure on teams to get young talent these days and I think that is what Roger Penske was trying to do However, current champ with proven ability that was marketable with Bush this will take a lot to smooth over.

400grl
11-14-2005, 02:22 PM
I could care less about Nascar - especially yesterday morning when I was driving out to the track and got stuck on I-10 in the midst of all the wanna-be racers going out to PIR.....it was a sea of freakin' window flags and #3 stickers...........:rolleyes: :huh

1BADYFZ
11-14-2005, 02:52 PM
I can't stand him and its not because of this ticket, although I do think suspending him because of a recklass driving ticket is a little harsh. I got a recklass ticket for barely screeching my tires around a corner in my vette once. I'd like to hear a more detailed story behind this.

honda350r
11-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
I could care less about Nascar - especially yesterday morning when I was driving out to the track and got stuck on I-10 in the midst of all the wanna-be racers going out to PIR.....it was a sea of freakin' window flags and #3 stickers...........:rolleyes: :huh

Exactly!!

Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks

:rolleyes: LMAO

RaptorRacer45
11-14-2005, 04:00 PM
Come on this isnt a bash NASCAR thread.....dont even get me started on fightin for my SPORT!:macho

AtvMxRider
11-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Kurt Busch was just interviewed on NBC and he did sound like he was going to cry at the end:D

I hope he does cry I can't stand that guy.

jwick07
11-14-2005, 05:54 PM
Exactly!!

Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks

:rolleyes: LMAO

And how do you think most America see quad riders or racers, I seem to remember Joe Byrd giving a HUGE STUPID YEEEHAAAWW on ESPN on the first time quads got a major TV time. And then there are huge REDNECK mud bog rallies. Come on now NASCAR is realy not the redneck sport it once was

redlineranger
11-14-2005, 07:23 PM
i think kurt busch takes it in the *** from jeff gordon and jimmie johnson..... Kurt is nothin but a puss, no one likes him...... he deserves what ever punishment he gets, and if i were jack roush, i'd be glad to get rid of kurt busch

also i was readin this thread, and my mom goes to some forum about nascar, and she found a quote from Kurt himself......." Another reason i think the 2 car will be good for me, is because i'll be driving a legends car and people will start to like me"..... its not word for word but he basically said that.... also he's very lucky the machine failed, because had it worked and proved he was under the influence(which he was) he would have been fired from penske racing(he's already under contract), and he would not have been able to race in nascar for 7 years:eek2: ... he a lucky mfer that he got away with a DUI

sorry this was long, and if any of this was a repost

11-14-2005, 09:56 PM
do you really think the machine actually failed?

96lapis coupe
11-15-2005, 07:53 AM
I read somewhere else on the net "Two things that you know have to work at a Nascar race, handcuffs and a breathalyzer". If it was you or me, we would have been sitting in jail with a DUI charge.

Whatever, until NA$CAR lets the dodges get a new nose piece or front clip, they aren't even competitive at the downforce tracks, so 'ol Kurt will have a fun time running mid pack next year.

RaptorRacer45
11-15-2005, 01:01 PM
The Dodges will be up front, now that the Charger has been around a year they should have more 2 run off of:D

redlineranger
11-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
do you really think the machine actually failed?

according to nbc pre race show sunday, yes it failed

cook65xc
11-15-2005, 03:47 PM
if kurt bush was 20 points behind stewart for the championship do you think roush would have let him go? jack roush is a jerk:devil:

Penskegirl
11-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by jwick07
I feel the same way, to repalce an icon of the sport and a true class act, a driver that is respected by all competitors with Bush is sad.
I can't resist not including my 2 cents. Not big on posting, more reading, but I have to agree w/all of what jwick07 has said. Especially the above. Also, as far as NASCAR being the original "redneck" sport so to speak, I would have to disagree. I worked at a major speedway in our area that was just built 5 years ago. The wide aray of people that attend all of the races is unbelievable. Yeah, you've got your good ol boys, but the number of your non-typical fans is amazing. Take myself for example, I'm wanting to go see Les Miserable so bad, but can hang w/the guys and talk the talk about NASCAR, teams, horse power, and all that good jazz all day long. Even have a room filled with memorabilia, but you wouldn't know by looking at me. In addition, once the track was built, the development around it is unbelievable. Where there was once fields, there is now a Cabella's, Neb. Funiture Mart, Jimmy Buffet restaurant, Tommy Hilfiger, Legends outdoor shopping district, etc...... unbelievable what this sport has meant money wise.

However, am absolutely in a funk about Penske signing Bush. Should have been McMurray or anyone but Bush!!!!

Guy400
11-15-2005, 04:28 PM
You know you're a redneck when...

RaptorRacer45
11-15-2005, 04:37 PM
O dont get me started on Nascar house items:D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid194/p8e3557f547ae6aa96cb5e0dc6dab530b/f1713388.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid191/p9dc19511482094a5ba7a27f7eb50a1a2/f1d0d595.jpg

Thats just a taste, maybe we sould create a Nascar or Race themed House topic:macho

Guy400
11-15-2005, 04:47 PM
I don't feel like running out to the garage but I have a life-size cardboard standup of Dale Sr. from when he was still alive from a Busch Beer Nascar advertisment. I've also got several more banners, tins, shot glasses, die-cast cars, etc. I just posted that pic because the 3' x 10' is the biggest thing I've got. I just moved into my new house a month ago and the bar in the basement isn't finished yet so all my memorabilia is still packed away for the most part.

jwick07
11-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by jwick07
And how do you think most America see quad riders or racers, I seem to remember Joe Byrd giving a HUGE STUPID YEEEHAAAWW on ESPN on the first time quads got a major TV time. And then there are huge REDNECK mud bog rallies. Come on now NASCAR is realy not the redneck sport it once was

So that really shut up the redneck NASCAR talk huh,,,,,yup everyone must have seen Byrd make us all look like rednecks..Thanks Joe

AZblaster44
11-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Knowing what I do about sheriff Joe he wouldnt miss the chance to screw someone famous and get a bunch of press for himself so I believe the bit about the breathalizer failing....

As for nascar themed stuff the room im in right now is mostly Dale SR stuff with some other nascar stuff mostly diecast, unopened. Also have a rusty card board stand up and a dale JR one still in the box(unopened). Then theres the shop lol....:)