PDA

View Full Version : my R wont START !!??!!

gumby2461
11-13-2005, 11:47 AM
i go to go kick it over, it sounds like its gunna start but it does nothing. We tried jump starting it and draggin it behind another quad to pull it along to start it but jus some popping from the exhasut and a rumble from the motor but no firing up... it has perfect compressions (150) and there is def a spark, gas is gettin to it bc we can smell it. I did mess wit the idle screw bc i thought u had to pull up the choke and twist ( i no i no ,NEWB) so im thinkin thats outta wack and uhm could it be bad gas...ne help would be apreciated i jus wanna get it started and get the idle on point again....HELPP!, thanx peace

TheFontMaster
11-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Try turning out your air fuel screw a little bit, and twist the idle/choke knob to turn up the idle and see what that does.

yamahay
11-13-2005, 03:25 PM
Almost hate to post the obvious but did you put in a fresh plug? Sounds like it's wet fouled.

gumby2461
11-13-2005, 03:45 PM
lol naw we chcecked th plug its good (formt he looks of it) but im gunna go ahead and get a new one i havent tried the advice thefontmatser gave but i will within the hour...thanx and more advice please.

TheFontMaster
11-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Just because the plug looks good doesn't mean that it is. A tip that one of my friends showed me a couple years ago, if you don't have another spark plug, and you foul one, take it out and hold a lighter to the tip of the plug for a little bit, and it un-fouls it. I don't know exactly what it does, but it's worked for me a couple times.

beerock
11-13-2005, 04:08 PM
always always always have new plugs ready to put in if the bike doesnt start thats the first thing to fix.

i can bet money on it your not reading the plugs right either. you have to look INSIDE where the porcelain meets the metal

gumby2461
11-13-2005, 06:47 PM
ite guys thanx im pretty damn sure it is the plug...(hopefully) and im gunna be up at pompton or easthanover honda tues. (damn them there not open mondays) ill be gettin 20 bux worth of plugs....im keepin my finger crossed

AtvMxRider
11-13-2005, 06:50 PM
You can not tell if a plug is bad by looking at it.

beerock
11-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
You can not tell if a plug is bad by looking at it.

yes you can you just have to know where to look

gumby if you go to pompton honda ask for howie and tell him Broque sent ya (brock) buy br8es

JTRtrx250r
11-13-2005, 09:52 PM
just b/c a plug shows a bit of spark, dont mean she'll light up properly when spun up

All I know is the temps are changing more dramaticly, and usually a jetting chane goes w/ it for winter riding, not sure in your case but it does sound like a chitted plug

good luck w/ it

gumby2461
11-15-2005, 12:53 PM
well lol it was the damn spark plug....now i have like 5 extra (thanx for the advice beerok) and i feel kinda dumb even postin the thread....o well u live and u learn...thanx for all the help

JTRtrx250r
11-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by gumby2461
and i feel kinda dumb even postin the thread....o well u live and u learn... Dude... how do you think we learn(ed). Dont EVER feel dumb for posting , you said it all yourself;)

Glad to hear shes fixed!

gumby2461
11-15-2005, 06:13 PM
^^ hey thanx bro...yea me too she ****in rip cant wait to go ridin wit a few buddies this weekend...