PDA

View Full Version : edelbrock carb ?? basic questions

reichart90
11-13-2005, 08:10 AM
i posted last week about thinkin about a 440 kit. i've heard of problems with them and cooling issues. my 400ex already has a 416 kit (installed by previous owner). i want to make this thing have snappier throttle response. i've been lookin at these edelbrock carbs (for the 400ex stock/slightly modified). i would assume it cant be that difficult to install the new carb. would i have to mess around with jetting at all? all of my mods are in my sig. i've never messed around with atv carbs... but i think i can figure it out. the whole setup seems simple.

the note on the bottom of the edelbrock website is this:

"All carb kits are pre-jetted on stock motors with open/modified air box, aftermarket exhaust, stock ignition, and 91 octane fuel at 1500 ft. elevation unless specified."

as per that statement... i shouldnt have to mess around with jetting at all right?

your help is greatly appreciated.

eganracing
11-13-2005, 01:38 PM
i purchased the Doug Eichner 38mm carb and its worked great. i havent had to adjust it at all. the only thing i messed with was the idle.

reichart90
11-13-2005, 02:13 PM
eganracing,
what engine mods do you have? i know it says for engines with higher mods use that one. the installation doesnt seem to be that difficult to swap it out.

eganracing
11-13-2005, 04:26 PM
440 kit, 11:1, hot cam, ported, 38mm Doug Eichner Carb, hison clutch basket, HD timing chain, K&N air filter, Big Gun race header with CHM silencer, HD head studs, head has been shaved because it was warped. i run 110 octane VP gas. my entire quad is race ready with suspension and everything u can think of.