PDA

View Full Version : 1st day on the Stroker

QuadJunkies
11-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Not too bad for needing some serious gearing changes and jetting...We have sprockets on Order ....But I forgot to ask about a chain :(

We ended up getting the jetting dialed in early on in the day, but she was so tapped out before she even got a chance to take off!! She was running the same gearing as the motor in Brandons (formerly LIQJ's motor) The stall speed is set really high compared to what shes used to so she will have to workin that to get better starts. We are still doing the break in ,we ran low on time to finish it today so were shootin for more seat time tomorrow
Overall... I think this motor is gonna TEAR!
Once shes able to really ride it hard and get it dialed in, Il.l be doing the write up and pics
heres a clip.....

That title should be sure to confuse everyone!!

Eton Viper stroker/Kasea vs modified Kasea 90 motor/Eton Chassis (http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=6FD52484-8B45-424D-BA2E-B6FE6EC3F1F1)

QuadJunkies
11-13-2005, 06:53 PM
well, we just got back from todays riding and I had to her a hillclimb thats pretty hard for some stock quads, quads let alone mini quads. It sure pulls uphills nicely!:blah: I got a short clip Ill post of the two motors and the difference in climbing. LILQJ was able t opull this hill with her at about 1/2 or a litle higher , she tired it w/o as much of a run and still made it all the way to the top:D I cant WAIT to get her new gearing to match up with what the motor is producing..... Ill have a clip up shortly.

QuadJunkies
11-14-2005, 11:14 AM
I wish I had taped this from up-top, anyone whos ever raced on this knows its fairly steep for a mini to climb. Ive only seen two make it up and one was a Hybrid.
We changed her tires and it made a world of difference putting on a bigger tire for traction since it was mainly sand ,she was not hookin up for the 1st 10 ft withthe smaller 16 in tires on ..
I am on the search for a good tire for FT racing , she is gonna need alot more traction now .1st race on it will be Nov 19th. :)

clay peak Hillclimb (http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=66F69A5E-6999-4720-ABDF-B02814041909)

BradLoomis
11-14-2005, 12:56 PM
I don't know if you still have the stock springs for the rear clutch... but I would try to lower the stall speed and let the torque of the motor take care of the bottom area. You could also go to heavier variator weights since it will pull down lower in the RPM's. Billy can make some really cool motors.

QuadJunkies
11-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by BradLoomis
I don't know if you still have the stock springs for the rear clutch... but I would try to lower the stall speed and let the torque of the motor take care of the bottom area. You could also go to heavier variator weights since it will pull down lower in the RPM's. Billy can make some really cool motors. Billy sent us just about EVERY kind of wieght there is, so we will experiment more :)

Are you talkin Primary or secondary springs ???

BradLoomis
11-14-2005, 01:20 PM
The three little springs that actually hold the three clutch shoes are the ones that would affect your stall speed the most. The lighter the spring the lower the stall speed.
Heavier rollers will also lower the stall speed some because it takes less rpm to put the same amount of force against the one large primary spring, on the rear pulley, that then opens to allow the belt to move to a different location on the front pulley that increases the belt speed. But the clutch must spin at a given RPM, that is designated only by the three springs and how much weight the shoes are, in order to open and press against the bell.
Sorry but I seem to ramble on more with every passing year.

QuadJunkies
11-14-2005, 01:33 PM
lol.. WE get what your getting at ;)

What color of the rear springs(3 springs) and what gram do you feel would be a good starting point?? We got green yellow and red and anywhere from 4.5-7.0 gram weights to work with :)

BradLoomis
11-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Without actually seeing the bike pull off the line up to full throttle... it's hard to say. But I run stock clutch springs with lightened shoes for a pretty low stall, so I would probably try the green ones. You need to measure the springs to makes sure you know which is which. Check the wire diameter, O.D., number of coils and overall length. All of the aftermarket springs that I have tested are all over the board. If the lower stall speed works, then you might try going a step heavier on the weights and so on. Just change one variable at a time and keep track of the differences and you should dial it in quickly.

QuadJunkies
11-14-2005, 02:38 PM
well one thing we got dialed in was the Jetting!! :D At first when I heard it take off ,she had nice color yesterday . I thought it was her jetting, then found that it was her Rev limiter whe was hitting :p .

Thanks for the advice, we will put it to good use .

QuadJunkies
11-20-2005, 08:58 PM
well.What do you think of this???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was this wk ends 1st FT race of the season . I cant be more pleased with this motor. This is something she really needed since I am not ready for her to graduate to a larger full sized quad yet ..

http://www.neptune.com/users/quadjunkies/videoWMP/quadjunkies391782.wmv

Now its time for my Sons to have Billy work on my lil mans motor. I felt so bad for him that night racing, he has some Carb issues and the set up is wrong for him so we will fix that soon ;)It ran HORRIBLE all night and he took it pretty hard :( We will keep it a 90 for now but I would like to re-do his top end,it normally performs much better than it did this wk end...

My overall so far on this motor is nothing but praise!! I cant believe how much power you can get out of these motors!! Its amazing.. And Billys work is also, I dunno how many of you have dealt with Billy Holt, but I am one of those people who have no issues telling people what I think when it comes to Customer Service and there products . Ive had some VERY good results with several companys over time and Billy Holt Racing is one of them...

We all spend a great deal of our hard earned money and if I find someone cheating me , I will be the 1st to tell someone of my experience in private ... lol

We have dealt with Billy over the last two years and I cant think of a single person who has been kinder to deal with ,who knows his minis and who truly take his time ,cares about how these kids do .He even called to check in and see how things were going and told us if we ever needed help to please call him ..I like that and I feel good about every dime we spent with this motor and I have total confidence with his work.This motor review gets a TWO THUMBS UP!!:macho

Evana13
11-21-2005, 04:32 AM
WOW LIL QJ WAS RIPPING. WHAT KIND OF FRONT END DOSE THE PREDATOR THAT YOU WHERE RACING WITH HAVE.

QuadJunkies
11-21-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Evana13
WOW LIL QJ WAS RIPPING. WHAT KIND OF FRONT END DOSE THE PREDATOR THAT YOU WHERE RACING WITH HAVE. Not sure.... Ill have to go look!!I know they do alot w/ Hetrick racing and Rath Racing.

fastbikes
11-21-2005, 11:17 AM
If your talking about the black Kasea it had got the dual a-arms from hetrick racing on it....

QuadJunkies
11-21-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by fastbikes
If your talking about the black Kasea it had got the dual a-arms from hetrick racing on it....

Wheres the Predators Rath sway bar??? I always liked that on there :cool:

fastbikes
11-21-2005, 12:13 PM
I have one for the kasea, just didn't get it mounted up...hopefully i will by this weekend

QuadJunkies
11-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by fastbikes
I have one for the kasea, just didn't get it mounted up...hopefully i will by this weekend I didnt know they made one for the Kasea:confused:

Did you get rid of the one for the Predator?

fastbikes
11-21-2005, 12:50 PM
No we still have it....the bumper on the kasea is for a predator....dan had to fab it a little and all we have left to do is install it....it mounts to the bumper

Evana13
11-21-2005, 03:26 PM
on the vid it looked like a pred but I see now it is a kasea.

QuadJunkies
11-25-2005, 11:37 AM
I have got a few emails asking for some specs so here you go...

Ill have to check on the Bore of the stroke with Billy before I post it ..;)

The crankshaft is a one off, meaning it was stroked by itself and not built in mass quantity in Taiwan. The crank comes from Taiwan but was stroked in the U.S.. (Ya gotta get parts somewhere!) The cases had to be trenched to allow clearance for the rod to spin around.
The bore is 54mm. Steel cylinder.
As I remember, the cases were matched to the cylinder and also ported.
The cylinder is Ported BIG TIME. The porting specs lay some where between the Suzuki LT 500 Quadzilla and the case reed Yamaha TZ-750 road racer. Both of these machines have a bunch of power and torque. They also have a lot of top end. The power delivery can be changed with the exhaust being used on this engine.
It has a similar porting layout as a Road raceYamaha TZ-750 case reed motor. ( All these big port timing numbers and it is still a grunt style motor). It must be the way things are angled in there.
Head volume is around 15 cc.

Ignition is the stock ignition and has the charging coils on the stator. I will get around to sending you a modified stator and possibly modified flywheel later. I will also work in a little retard on the stator plate, not advance.
Also has dual stage fiber glass reeds. This helps makes it a grunt style motor . Reeds may be cahnged later on to Carbon fiber . . He has had a zero failure rate with reed stops and carbon fiber reeds.

28mm Powerjet carbureator. The power jet richens the mixture during extended wide open runs.

Billy spent ALOT of time on this motor to asure things to fit and run properly(correct timing,porting,head volume ect) than you can ever imagine

All of the major items have been addressed on the engine. He could probably tweak the motor even further, as time goes by.

On the variator and pulley stuff:
It has the WRH 90cc Variator and outer half, a gates belt, uses 16 x 13 rollers, and also has a Rear pulley half .
stock clutch with 2000 RPM springs for a little stall.,

Stock Transmission gear ratio.
There is probably another thousand RPM waiting to be uncorked with the proper exhaust.

Speaking of Proper Exhaust.......... The Trinity Exhaust is working out very nicely, but thre will be a new pipe We will be testing on this motor so watch for future review on the upcoming pipe ;:cool:

markvette
11-25-2005, 09:16 PM
tina
i told you that you would love that motor. like i said, hang on. it has a twin here locally that has been tweaked a little more and the guy swears it is faster than his sons yz85. i could give you the stroke numbers but billy may not want that posted at this time. my son is running almost the same motor except a little shorter stroke and it is awesome. little secret, there is a bigger stroker/ big bore comming out of billys shop soon.

Mark

QuadJunkies
11-26-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by markvette
tina
i told you that you would love that motor. like i said, hang on. it has a twin here locally that has been tweaked a little more and the guy swears it is faster than his sons yz85. i could give you the stroke numbers but billy may not want that posted at this time. my son is running almost the same motor except a little shorter stroke and it is awesome. little secret, there is a bigger stroker/ big bore comming out of billys shop soon.

Mark

Billy was OK with me posting the size of the Stroke,but I edited some of the the other "secret of the sauce:D ;) "

Billy told me about the Sister quad,sounds like a SCREAMER!!

Kelsey said now riding her old motor in her Brothers mini,it feels REALLY slow compared this this one :p lol