PDA

View Full Version : Hot Tubs

Quad18star
11-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Well in the new year , we should be getting a hot tub for the cottage , so let's see the hot tubs you guys and girls got .

I'm looking at a Catalina Spa .. it's one of their deluxe models with all the bells and whistles .... it looks very similar to this one , except it has a waterfall built in , a bunch of different colored LED lights ( 20 something colors ) and a 42 " plasma screen TV .

http://www.catalinaspas.com/designs/tv-spas/omega42.jpg

Here's some of the details .

Omega 42" Plasma

Standard features:
42" Plasma Television DVD / CD /AM-FM Radio/with 2 popup speakers
Balboa Dolphin Floating Remote
3 x 4HP water pumps
1HP air blower
220 Volts / 50 Amps required
74 jets
92 x 92 x 42.5 inches
Seats 5
420 gallons of water
120 Sq. Ft. Filter
Aroma Therapy
Ozone Ready
Available Options
Cover Lift
External Freeze Protection Sensor
Fiber Optic Jet Pkg (requires FOL)
Fiber Optic Lighting
Full Foam Installation
Plastic Skirt Gray or Mahogany
Mister System
Spa Frog Inline System
Mach-3 Pack With Moniter
Ozone Gas Generator
pH Sensor
12" Rising Waterfall
12" Rising Waterfall with F.O. Light Decor
Stainless Steel Jet Package
UL Listed Gray or Mahogany Spa Cover
Vibrator Pillow
Waterfall
Waterfall With Fiber Optics
Subwoofer

Available Acrylic Colors:
Dark Twilight, Sahara, Bluegrass, Caribbean Blue, Desert Sand, Solitude White

Hondadudeehhhh
11-12-2005, 02:42 PM
ive got some pretty good stories from being in a hot tub exactly like that one. :chinese:

im glad i dont have one, i feel sorry for my friends that do

LTandRaptorider
11-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Wahooo!!!!! :D Now get a move on, soakin season is here! Only pic I have of my old tub... left it at my last house... :(

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pfe313ab5f823857f3ef008a3fa16e84e/fa4136c2.jpg

300exOH
11-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh

im glad i dont have one, i feel sorry for my friends that do

Same here. After talking to a friend of mine I wouldn't own one. He calls them a big petrie dish. The water in that thing turned green several times and he even kept up on the chemicals after getting advice from the pool store. Good luck with it.

Quad18star
11-12-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm not too worried about all the up-keep of the tub . It'll get it's chemicals as scheduled and will have the water changed often enough .

It'll sure be nice to relax when it's -40 outside and I'm out in nothing but my speedo (j/k) , drinking beer and watching the hockey game on the 42" screen !!!

tater_kamik
11-12-2005, 04:10 PM
damn! that thing is sweet! how much does that cost though?

SGA
11-12-2005, 04:12 PM
:)

trx400exxracer
11-12-2005, 04:12 PM
I got a hottub but I don't have pics they are the best things for coming home after the race to sit in and chill

Quad18star
11-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by SGA
:)

ROFLMAO

Quad18star
11-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
damn! that thing is sweet! how much does that cost though?

It's about $15 000 Canadian for something like that . It's really awesome ... they have one completly setup at the dealer ... water in it and everything . Got the chance to try it out .... it's a total body massage while being able to drink beer and watch the game !!!:devil:

LTandRaptorider
11-12-2005, 04:18 PM
I've had two hot tubs... Yes, keeping up with the chemicals is a chore. But if you do so, there should be no problems with the water. Someday I will have another one, can't wait! :)

Until then, I guess I'll be at Greg's! Oh, and Greg... that's not the floating remote you have in your hand! :eek: :p

chigger
11-12-2005, 04:57 PM
We have a jacuzzi. My dad sold spas for 25 years, and he still sells a few used ones. I still do maintenenc and work on spas and pools here. I remember him selling at least 5 brands. Jacuzzi was the first to make a hot tub and they are still the best spa out there. The newer ones have gotten a little cheaper, but some of the 90s models are the best spas ever made. I'm not into all the extra crap myself - just more to go wrong with it. I have surround sound outside that provides a much better atmosphere than the speakers and such you will find built into a spa. You might want to consider how long your planing on keeping the spa. I would garantee a leak in any spa thats been running for 10 years. One with full foam and a bizzillion jets like that one will be a nighmare down the road.

Also - water chemistry is extremely simple if you ignore all the stupid chemicals every spa dealer out there trys to sell you. There are only two things to worry about.

1. oxidation - I prefer chlorine. All that is needed is a feeder filled every two or three weeks and a shock treatment after the party.

2. Alkalinity - You will find alkalinity up and down in your local chemical store. Alkalinity up is simply baking soda. It says on the box that its sodium bicaronate. (ponder on that for a moment and you will realize they are charging you 10-20 times what its worth.) Alkalinity down is simply muratic acid. I would recomend buying the store stuff once to get the recomended doses and then forget about buying it ever again. You can get what you need for 1/6 the price at walmart and the harware store.

If you keep your chlorine and alkalinity in check, you will never have to worry about PH. This is probably a shock to most because they are constantly battling thier PH, but its not nessesary. If for some reason you fail at keeping the water the way it needs to be, or if you have a really wild party and the watter gets too skunky, siphon it out and start over. :D

Theres my advice for what its worth. Stuff id never tell a customer around here. :D

trx400exxracer
11-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by chigger
We have a jacuzzi. My dad sold spas for 25 years, and he still sells a few used ones. I remember him selling at least 5 brands. Jacuzzi was the first to make a hot tub and they are still the best spa out there. The newer ones have gotten a little cheaper, but some of the 90s models are the best spas ever made. I'm not into all the extra crap myself - just more to go wrong with it. I have surround sound outside that provides a much better atmosphere than the speakers and such you will find built into a spa. You might want to consider how long your planing on keeping the spa. I would garantee a leak in any spa thats been running for 10 years. One with full foam and a bizzillion jets like that one will be a nighmare down the road.

hey arent you on the atv source forum

chigger
11-12-2005, 05:07 PM
yep, and both the cannondaleriders ones

LTandRaptorider
11-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by chigger
We have a jacuzzi. My dad sold spas for 25 years, and he still sells a few used ones. I still do maintenenc and work on spas and pools here. I remember him selling at least 5 brands. Jacuzzi was the first to make a hot tub and they are still the best spa out there. The newer ones have gotten a little cheaper, but some of the 90s models are the best spas ever made. I'm not into all the extra crap myself - just more to go wrong with it. I have surround sound outside that provides a much better atmosphere than the speakers and such you will find built into a spa. You might want to consider how long your planing on keeping the spa. I would garantee a leak in any spa thats been running for 10 years. One with full foam and a bizzillion jets like that one will be a nighmare down the road.

Also - water chemistry is extremely simple if you ignore all the stupid chemicals every spa dealer out there trys to sell you. There are only two things to worry about.

1. oxidation - I prefer chlorine. All that is needed is a feeder filled every two or three weeks and a shock treatment after the party.

2. Alkalinity - You will find alkalinity up and down in your local chemical store. Alkalinity up is simply baking soda. It says on the box that its sodium bicaronate. (ponder on that for a moment and you will realize they are charging you 10-20 times what its worth.) Alkalinity down is simply muratic acid. I would recomend buying the store stuff once to get the recomended doses and then forget about buying it ever again. You can get what you need for 1/6 the price at walmart and the harware store.

If you keep your chlorine and alkalinity in check, you will never have to worry about PH. This is probably a shock to most because they are constantly battling thier PH, but its not nessesary. If for some reason you fail at keeping the water the way it needs to be, or if you have a really wild party and the watter gets too skunky, siphon it out and start over. :D

Theres my advice for what its worth. Stuff id never tell a customer around here. :D

Some good info there, thank you! :cool:

86350x
11-14-2005, 09:40 AM
I'd just say no to a tub with a tv in it. What the heck do you need a t.v. in a hot-tub for? I'll try finding pics of dave,and lori's. I use there's in the winter, and spring. its a 6 person and its indoors. Just a standard model. Another bud from sand point has alot bigger one with a cd player in it, we've had 12 people in it. I had a girl sitting on each leg (didn't know either of em) this was a while ago. But the c.d. player worked nice. I wouldn't get anything other then one with a c.d. player. A tv just sounds like expensive trouble to me. especially if its going to be outdoors.

RaptorRacer45
11-14-2005, 12:02 PM
I dont got any pics but we have a nice 1 up at my house.......its awesome 2 relax in after Races and just hang in w\ "certian" people:D

11-14-2005, 01:32 PM
My buddy has one. No one really goes in it anymore though, alot of "fluids" get expelled there. I have some pictures but I can't post them. The gals spend alot of time under water :eek:

:cool:

Quad18star
11-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
My buddy has one. No one really goes in it anymore though, alot of "fluids" get expelled there. I have some pictures but I can't post them. The gals spend alot of time under water :eek:
:cool:

The first person to piss in my hot tub is going to get a punch in the face ... same goes for the second person , 3rd person , etc .

If you go to someones place and they have the curtousy to invite you into their hot tub and you piss in it or expell any types of fluids ... you got a problem .

RaptorRacer45
11-14-2005, 02:02 PM
I kinda dont think piss was the fluid he was tryin 2 express:uhoh:

Quad18star
11-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
I kinda dont think piss was the fluid he was tryin 2 express:uhoh:

I know .... that's why I later said " any types of fluids" . Ain't gunna be any " little soldiers" swimming around my hot tub .... if I ever caught anyone doing that, they'd better run for their life cuz I'd seriously beat them with a baseball bat.

11-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I know .... that's why I later said " any types of fluids" . Ain't gunna be any " little soldiers" swimming around my hot tub .... if I ever caught anyone doing that, they'd better run for their life cuz I'd seriously beat them with a baseball bat. me and my gal are coming over

AtvMxRider
11-14-2005, 04:27 PM
:eek2:

AtvMxRider
11-14-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
me and my guy are coming over

:ermm:

Quad18star
11-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Ah man ... Jerry they took away your Caution Sign ... I was making one especially for you . . ;)

AtvMxRider
Ah man ... Jerry they took away your Caution Sign ... I was making one especially for you . . ;)

That damn Wilkin did it:grr:

Quad18star
Who'd have thought ....

MotoX3
11-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Ahhh...if I ever got a hot tub I certainly wouldn't let anyone else but myself and my better half in it....everyone knows what goes on in hot tubs....you wanna sit in that for a few hours?:scary:

Quad18star
11-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
Ahhh...if I ever got a hot tub I certainly wouldn't let anyone else but myself and my better half in it....everyone knows what goes on in hot tubs....you wanna sit in that for a few hours?:scary:

No bumping uglies in my hot tub .... that's what the sauna's for . :devil:

MotoX3
11-14-2005, 05:22 PM
No bumping uglies in my hot tub .... that's what the sauna's for . :devil: Can't imagine going at it in one of those little things....I'd have a heart attack:eek2:

Quad18star
11-14-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
Can't imagine going at it in one of those little things....I'd have a heart attack:eek2:

Little???

Hell after we expend it , the sauna should be about 12'x15' , with an addition 15 feet as a change room and shower !!! The only thing that sucks with it's size , is that it takes a while to get it up to good temps ... but once it's hot it doesn't take much to keep her there . :cool:

11-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
:ermm: YOUR'E SO CLEVER!!!!!!

Rip_Tear
11-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Sweet tub, our's doesn't have any bells and whistles. My dad like to enjoy the view of the sky. We haven't really had any problems with the water going gross, just change it every so often, depending on use etc.

Oh BTW anyone thinking about the romp and do that in the shower after or before the hot tub use :p

m_townsgreatest
11-14-2005, 07:20 PM
speaking of hot tubs im going to go get in mine righttttttttt.....NOW

prepracing
11-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Well in the new year , we should be getting a hot tub for the cottage , so let's see the hot tubs you guys and girls got .

I'm looking at a Catalina Spa .. it's one of their deluxe models with all the bells and whistles .... it looks very similar to this one , except it has a waterfall built in , a bunch of different colored LED lights ( 20 something colors ) and a 42 " plasma screen TV .

http://www.catalinaspas.com/designs/tv-spas/omega42.jpg

Here's some of the details .

Omega 42" Plasma

Standard features:
42" Plasma Television DVD / CD /AM-FM Radio/with 2 popup speakers
Balboa Dolphin Floating Remote
3 x 4HP water pumps
1HP air blower
220 Volts / 50 Amps required
74 jets
92 x 92 x 42.5 inches
Seats 5
420 gallons of water
120 Sq. Ft. Filter
Aroma Therapy
Ozone Ready
Available Options
Cover Lift
External Freeze Protection Sensor
Fiber Optic Jet Pkg (requires FOL)
Fiber Optic Lighting
Full Foam Installation
Plastic Skirt Gray or Mahogany
Mister System
Spa Frog Inline System
Mach-3 Pack With Moniter
Ozone Gas Generator
pH Sensor
12" Rising Waterfall
12" Rising Waterfall with F.O. Light Decor
Stainless Steel Jet Package
UL Listed Gray or Mahogany Spa Cover
Vibrator Pillow
Waterfall
Waterfall With Fiber Optics
Subwoofer

Available Acrylic Colors:
Dark Twilight, Sahara, Bluegrass, Caribbean Blue, Desert Sand, Solitude White

what the $price tag$ on that bad boy ?

Quad18star
11-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by prepracing
what the $price tag$ on that bad boy ?

About $14 000 - $15 000 Canadian .

So at today's exchange rate , $15 000 works out to be around $12 500 US .... give or take a little .

1 CAD = 0.837478 USD
1 USD = 1.19406 CAD

Smokin 440
11-14-2005, 09:19 PM
I personally wouldn't get one with all that stuff, like someone said, its just more to go wrong. If you want a plasma tv and surround sound i think you would be better off getting those components seperately, it would probably be cheaper initially and especially in the long run, even thought the one your looking at is cool

86350x
11-14-2005, 10:09 PM
Thats rediculas Greg, get a more standard model and enjoy it. Buy the tub to enjoy the tub, and the company of your gal. For some reason I'd rather not hump any chick under water. Doesn't seem like it would be too apealing to her either. Think long and hard about that one. I got accused of slipping some chicks the finger in the tub, but I didn't. Some people are just weird:p