PDA

View Full Version : spots to go duning!

tater_kamik
11-12-2005, 01:33 PM
im looking at places to go duning, since im deprived and have never gone! i know of little sahara, but i also heard there is a place to go in missouri?? does anyone know what this place is called? and where do yall ride?

JOEX
11-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
im looking at places to go duning, since im deprived and have never gone! i know of little sahara, but i also heard there is a place to go in missouri?? does anyone know what this place is called? and where do yall ride?
Oregon Dunes!:D

QuadJunkies
11-13-2005, 10:08 AM
What he said!!^^^^

Also, Idaho Dunes are the CHIT! Saint Anthonys is some great riding:cool:
And king Daddyof sand .... GLAMIS

z400roosteR
11-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Make the trip out to the west coast YOU WON'T REGRET IT. like they all said above whether it's the oregon dunes or glamis (Southern Cali) or St. Anthony's in Idaho you'll love it. I have personally only riden all of the oregon dunes, Making a trip to st anthony's in the summer and another to glamis for turkey day week in 2007. the guys i have riden with have hit all of them but i just came into this about a year ago. Anyways make the trip w/ lot's of food and gas. You could go to the oregon dunes start at florence then head to winchester followed up by coos bay. there all within 30 miles within each other!

Chino886
11-14-2005, 07:24 PM

I heard there is a place near St. Louis MO, I am not sure where it is at for sure.

tater_kamik
11-16-2005, 05:10 PM
i would love to take a 2 or 3 week vacation to just go riding all over the place! i definately need the time off... problem is getting other people to come with me! its sad because im the one setting up the trip, driving, taking my truck, my trailer, but people dont want to make the 10 hour trip to little sahara:ermm: wtf???? they want to go somewhere closer! glamis, i do have a sis that lives in cali, isnt that where glamis is? i will check out oregon dunes too, i know a couple of my closer riding buddies that are here with me now are down for a big trip. i cant wait! i keep having dreams of going riding, is that sad or what?

z400roosteR
11-17-2005, 12:13 AM
Yea Glamis is southern california.

i cant wait! i keep having dreams of going riding, is that sad or what? What are you talking about that's totally normal:D ......i hope:blah:

bknight
11-18-2005, 03:13 AM
http://www.duneguide.com/

Go there and click SandDunes.
might find some places you like.

fugitivracing65
11-19-2005, 09:44 PM
ya definately try to make it to glamis. it will be worth the trip. Ya i dream about riding or racing just about every night.....shouldn't we be dreaming about girls....ah screw between a bike a chick i was be in debt instead of just broke.

weekendracer91
11-20-2005, 05:19 PM
silver lake or pismo

OKTRX450R
11-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Several folks are going out from your area (KS and OK) to Glamis in January for 4SW...

Also, PM me if you are ever heading to Little Sahara...I would probably meet you there...it is about 3 hours from us.

motochamp250
12-02-2005, 12:19 PM
are there any dunes in the east? im from west tennessee and i wana know the closest dunes to my house...

Chino886
12-02-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by motochamp250
are there any dunes in the east? im from west tennessee and i wana know the closest dunes to my house...

halfway up this thread was a dune guide.....check it out..

motochamp250
12-02-2005, 01:00 PM
is dune riding hard on your fourwheeler? like sand in bearings and all that? i know it can't be good for your chain....what about air filter...

QuadJunkies
12-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by motochamp250
is dune riding hard on your fourwheeler? like sand in bearings and all that? i know it can't be good for your chain....what about air filter...
As long as you due your maintenaneand take care of your chain you will be fine... ;)

I use K&N's with outerwear

motochamp250
12-03-2005, 12:04 PM
thats cool i really wana go duning sumday looks like a lot of fun

z400roosteR
12-03-2005, 12:19 PM
The second you hit the dunes you become an instant addict!:devil:

tater_kamik
12-10-2005, 01:50 PM
OKTRX450R, i cant go in january, i wont be back home until sometime in feb, but i will let you know for sure!

QuadJunkies
12-10-2005, 02:33 PM
speaking of spots to go duning... Did Ya'll see what they rated Saint Anthonys dunes this month in Atvrider Mag???

#1 :cool:

z400roosteR
12-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
speaking of spots to go duning... Did Ya'll see what they rated Saint Anthonys dunes this month in Atvrider Mag???

#1 :cool:
Still on my "To Do" list:cool:

400EX QUADER
12-10-2005, 05:53 PM
same here:cool:

AxemanLV
12-10-2005, 10:40 PM
If your headed out west, you need to check out Dumont, some of the tallest dunes I've ever ridden, I've been to the Oregon dunes, they are great also, nice ocean runs, but Dumont is amazing.

csimp3
12-19-2005, 08:51 PM
what about the dunes in missouri?

adrenalinefreak
12-22-2005, 03:37 PM
The west is definitely the best for dunes. California is loaded with plenty of places to go duning. Glamism, Dumont, Pismo, Etc. Nevada also has Armagosa Sand Dunes, and Logandale trails which has a little bit of dunes (go somewhere else for dunes). Utah also has some great duning. Personally I like Coral Pink Sand Dunes...It has the best of both worlds (dunes and trails). Utah also has a place called Sand Hallow Sand Dunes its nice, but I would go to Coral Pink anyday over Sand Hollow...Sand Hollow was perfect for jumping...

Sand Hollow doesn't really offer the rolling dunes you would find at Glamis or Dumont maybe Coral Pink. It has one main hill used to drag....

Coral Pink is my favorite so far. I have not been to Glamis, yet.
I've only been to Dumont, Armagosa, Sand Hollow, and Coral Pink. They all have their benefits.

kssandduner
12-22-2005, 05:28 PM
what about the dunes in missouri?
I wasn't aware of any dunes in Missouri.....are there??

Joe

Quadbuyer
12-28-2005, 06:07 PM
I've heard about sand pits in the bootheel of MO that are supposed to be a very good place to ride. I'll find out more from a friend when I see him next.

01-01-2006, 01:50 AM
Ive never heard of any dunes in missouri, but there are some dunes up in indiana. Its called badlands off-road. Ive been there and its pretty sick.

here is the website

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/